Light or Dark?

By Factions do you mean the Houses or the Guilds?

Both...it was almost impossible to advance in high rank in both the Mage's Guild and House Telvanni...they were essentially rival factions.

Same thing with the Assassin's Guild and the Thieve's Guild...they were arch rivals.

>As for the Planets...it would be hard...I saw a map once and it was huge :rolleyes:

Well, even if I could not visit my homeworld, it would be nice for my stated homeworld to have some sort of unique bearing on the story.

>It would be hard to implement all those planets and of course we would also need different races(which would be great :) )

IMO, the next SW RPG needs to give us the option of non-human PCs. IMO, this is just a must. No more "hidden past" stuff. That's right 40-60 hours of content the 5th time you play!

Well the guilds and factions seem interesting on paper but some of the misssions are horribly boring...wouldn't want the same thing in K3 :shifty:

As for the planets there seem to be hundreds ...it just seems impossible that all of them could have a bearing on the srory :(

But perhaps they could come up with a smaller list of planets and let you choose from one of them :)

I agree we really need non-human races...but there seem to be way too many :)

And some are improbable like Hutts and Jawas :geek:"

Do you by any chance have some sugestions on the races?

Well the guilds and factions seem interesting on paper but some of the misssions are horribly boring...wouldn't want the same thing in K3 :shifty:

Well, I would agree that these "faction quests" should not be "Fed Ex" quests, at least not the majority of them. Morrowind was right bad for the Fed Ex variety.

> But perhaps they could come up with a smaller list of planets and let you choose from one of them :)

that's what I was thinking.

>I agree we really need non-human races...but there seem to be way too many :(

>And some are improbable like Hutts and Jawas :geek:"

>Do you by any chance have some sugestions on the races?

if all they had was Human, Twi'lek and Rodian in the next game, I would be happy.

Not all races have Force Sensitives.

Are Rodians force sensitive?

Well the Cathar,Twilek Miraluka(if any are left) and Zabrak surely are...I'd like to see them :shifty:

I also like the idea of having different mentors at different stages in the game. Having an Ithorian priest teach you the Force for a few levels....coolness.

In fact, if you go totally Grey and totally Unaligned, you might have to get just that kind of arrangement to get any Force training.

Hmmm I supose :shifty:

How strong are the Ithorians in the Force?

Perhaps an EU lawyer could better answer that but I look at it like this: they tap into the raw energies of the Force, not particularly focused but effective in some key ways. Having been trained by an Ithorian priest could be like playing a Wild Mage in D&D...certain advantages and certain disadvantages.

Nay! Down with classes, down with ithotrians!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Both would be fine, although I could settle for pr0n... but those Lady D limited editions figurines are pretty sweet... mm.. tough choice.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

possibly...I think they are very pacifistic but maybe Consular-only with alot of defensive and healing powers.

It seems we need more Jedi classes as well :)

The Ithorian should have his own class :thumbsup:

The whole corner that LA have painted themselves into with KotOR is that Jedi are just Paladins. There is no conceptual room for them to be Clerics or Magic Users -- they're just too limited in scope (and way too powerful); an Ithorian with unusually high Force-sensitivity could be a Druid, certainly. (Yoda is meant to be a freak of nature, isn't he? His race are mostly not even able to talk, I thought.)

Certainly having characters that resembled other sorts woul only be good. It would be interesting to try to play through a KotOR as a soldier, for example.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I am playing through Star Wars Kotor2 but my file got deleted by little pesky sister.  I was playing through and was light side, but which is more fun to play as or better.  And also depending on the allignment is it better to be a marauder/weapon master, or a lord.  PS which lightsaber is better, single or double :thumbsup:  :)

As far as balance of power goes, I think LS is a shade more powerful than DS, especially considering that as a LSer you can use DS powers with little more than an additional cost in force points (which I always find is more than covered up by my unreal Wisdom score by mid and late game) but DS can appeal to your ego if that's what you enjoy.

The LS / DS question is a bit more troublesome in TSL because one of the major (to me) failings of TSL is that you only have a barest idea of what you did and how you did it you did to get Exiled from the Jedi Order for much of the game, and if what you did on Malachor V becomes clear in the story, how you did it isn't really that clear (what is a Shadow Field Generator, anyway?). You're not an amnesiac like you were in KotoR1. One of the big parts of fun in KotoR1 was to play a LSer until the big revalation (revanation?) and then get really bitter at how you've been used and become DS or vice versa. I wish it was more clear what you did earlier in the game in KotoR2 so a player could look at his or her past actions then consider the Council's actions and decide what kind of Jedi they would be.

As far as lightsabers go, if you're going for just number-crunching power, I think using double lightsaber is best until you get enough crystals to kit out two lightsabers, then go for one standard and one short.

QUOTE(Darth Mullet @ May 6 2005, 06:30 AM)

I am playing through Star Wars Kotor2 but my file got deleted by little pesky sister. I was playing through and was light side, but which is more fun to play as or better. And also depending on the allignment is it better to be a marauder/weapon master, or a lord. PS which lightsaber is better, single or double

I found that as a Darksider I got raped constantly but as Lightsider I was pretty much invincible.

Start off as a sentinel,then choose Marauder/Weaponmaster.You'll have all the good Force powers by then.

2 lightsabres are better than 1.If you go to Dantooine first you get three anyway.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Zbrak, Echani (are they even a separate race), Human, Ithorian, and Twi'lek would probably be appropriate. Races like Gran, Rodian, Aqualish, and the like tend to be thugs, so we should probably just discard them. I'm not overly familiar with all the SW races, so I I'm sorrry if I didn't list you favorite race. I also believe you should be able to select your Homeworld, and your specififc race (Mandalorian, etc.) I also believe that you should be able to go rougue and randomly wander around the galaxy, searching for artifacts, randomly entering conflicts, erc. if factions where incorporated.

Well I just find very hard to follow the game as DS... most of the times you have to force you way into the darkness.. following the dark path should be easy... right?... not hard.

The game is clearly orientated for LS role play.. is allot easy to follow the light then the darkness...

But it makes you bonder if the original role play for this game is neutrality... in other words.. you should hate the jedi's because you was exile.. and they cut you out of the force, because you gone to war to defend others when the jedi was doing nothing... but in the other hand.. you trying to help the republic.. ( that is the reason why you joined the war in the 1st place )...

So.... you want revenge and kill the jedi's that exile you.. but you still want to help the republic as you done during the war.... so it should be a * Neutral * role play.. in other words.. you don't follow the Jedi teachings but you want to help the republic.. you are not Jedi or Sith.. you follow you own patch.. and your own teachings.

But if you follow Neutrality in this game.. you get very little reward.. a bit confusing how they orientated the role play... :rolleyes:

Its up to you. I finished the game as a LS Jedi. I dont know what happens if you have mastery in DS but mastery in LS gives you an additional +3 in Strength (very useful for the last difficult fights). As for the lightsaber I dont think that the choice of single or double is that important.