Light or Dark?

I am playing through Star Wars Kotor2 but my file got deleted by little pesky sister. I was playing through and was light side, but which is more fun to play as or better. And also depending on the allignment is it better to be a marauder/weapon master, or a lord. PS which lightsaber is better, single or double :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Whichever you prefer...LS or DS it depends on your personality.

Weponmasters\Marauders - Combat

Lord\Master-Force powers

Choose whichever you prefer...It doesn't really matter :)

I'd go with 1 lightsaber and 1 short lightsaber in the off-hand...one for offence and one for deffence :rolleyes:

Enjoy the game :thumbsup:

Whichever you prefer...LS or DS it depends on your personality.

Weponmasters\Marauders - Combat

Lord\Master-Force powers

Choose whichever you prefer...It doesn't really matter :)

I'd go with 1 lightsaber and 1 short lightsaber in the off-hand...one for offence and one for deffence :rolleyes:

Enjoy the game :thumbsup:

But Which did u find more fun, light seems harder to play through where dark is easy but fun

Well the Exile is planned as a LS character all along. There's so many ways to play LS but only one DS.

LS SW characters ussually get kicked and stuff but end up victorious.

You cannot be a DS 'the day when someone doesn't pay for hurting me is the day I die' character. The only way to play DS is a whiner/kill-all-in-my-path,they're-all-jealous-of-my-power Anakin style character.

So I say LS cuz it just doesn't fit when I'm a darksider and am forced to let all those arrogant people on my ship say what they want and enjoy the ride.

Well the Exile is planned as a LS character all along. There's so many ways to play LS but only one DS.

LS SW characters ussually get kicked and stuff but end up victorious.

You cannot be a DS 'the day when someone doesn't pay for hurting me is the day I die' character. The only way to play DS is a whiner/kill-all-in-my-path,they're-all-jealous-of-my-power Anakin style character.

So I say LS cuz it just doesn't fit when I'm a darksider and am forced to let all those arrogant people on my ship say what they want and enjoy the ride.

You're obviously not that good at playing a DS character, I take it? There are tons of ways to be a darksided person.. I played through the game as a lying, stealing manipulating son of a bitch, and ended up with DS mastery..

You're obviously not that good at playing a DS character, I take it? There are tons of ways to be a darksided person.. I played through the game as a lying, stealing manipulating son of a bitch, and ended up with DS mastery..

Oh yes I know that there are other ways of playing a DS character but most of them just won't work as you wish.

"I played through the game as a lying..." <- it's you who's been lied to and for saying sth nice you get LS pts, lie or not ", stealing manipulating son of a bitch" -> oh yes ->

that is why you've been manipulated all along by Kreia, first becoming her Drain Life target and later ended up ruling the empty academy, also you've been gassed by Mira, electrified by Goto who later gets to stay on your ship and you don't do anything about it.

EDIT: Oh and you also get to be the target of another demonstration of Kreia's power by making Atris' holocrons fry your ass.

Anyways...

Hey maybe that's just my opinion but playing a DS manipulator in K2 is just like trying to play basketball in FIFA 2005 -> you can try but it just won't look like what you planned in the first place.

Los Wackos is right. Acting like a bully or like a spoiled crybaby (like anakin or :cough: Juhani) is the most pathetic form of DS. My DS rolemodel is Sidious: lying and manipulating everybody until you kill them! As you see there as many ways to be DS.....

Playing as DS i enjoy the being evil and manipulative, the irony-spiced dialogue options and the combat with the dark-side powers (especially Force Drain). What i hate is the DS romance. You can not appreciate the DS roleplay if you don't enjoy it. The same can be said for LS.

I find being LS soooo boring. No matter how you play, no matter what choice you make, in the end you will be a pathetic yesman who does what is "good" and "right" and your reward will be a pat on the back. Where are the "many ways to play LS"???

OK I maybe exaggerated with the "many ways" cuz there aren't too many LS ways you can think of exept for monk-side, lightside with emotions (luke skywalker type), for The Republic type or as some would name it gray-side (the one where you get DS points for doing sth for good but in an evil way like killing Bendak in K1. Kinda like you doing the quick and easy path to good being achieved).

My whole point was that the DS manipulator is just not working all that well in K2 when you must do some stupid things, must get manipulated, must be outsmarted many times in the game.

I actually liked the DS options. I roleplayed my darksider as a whiny, arrogant character who throws a tantrum whenever he doesn't get his way. I thought this added a darkly comedic element to the storyline. For example, when Kreia commented on my darksidedness, I chose:

"Why do people in our journey trouble me with these... indignities? These fetching missions, this servant work."

Everyone seems to want to be a sinister master of utter darkness. How trite. At least I can understand the motivations behind my character.

I played light side both my male and female games... but since I realized that Disciple doesn't like Dark Siders that much, I've gone for DS Mastery. :thumbsup:

Besides, I'm planning to play a DS Male to get the value out of the game. I didn't pay $50 to be the same thing if there's other options.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I have to say that while some of the Dark Side options were a bit... weak. They certainly improved on Kotor 1's Dark side options, those were just plain retarded. They made you look like a thug and nothing more. Anyway, I have to say that the Dark Side is the most fun, you get to do all these fun things like make Trandoshans jump off cliffs!

I just don`t know.

Whatever game it is - I always start in a "good" way - KotOR, Baldur`s Gate (II), even the Battle for Middle Earth.

I... just find it hard to be some ruthless, arrogant son-of-a-bitch (KotOR would be the best example here) :">

After all - I enjoy playing DS much more, than LS.

No comments.

But Which did u find more fun, light seems harder to play through where dark is easy but fun

I found this comment odd. I found it hard to play Dark Side. Mostly because the darkside dialogue options suck. Its all thug dialogue and I didn't want to play as a thug. And if you don't want to play as a thug, then you get too many lightside points.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

One of the things that came up on the Lucas Arts boards was the idea of having two seperate meters:

* Alignment bar (Light/Dark/Grey)

* Diplomacy bar (Republic/Sith/Unaligned)

that way, you could still be DS and support the Republic or be a grey Jedi and have political leanings for the Sith.

The penalty for going Grey is you cannot take a prestige class (as now). The penalty for Unaligned is you don't get certain side quests and party members because no one has a deep level of trust for you...you only get the stock party members and side quests.

I normally play LS but if they developed the "non-bully" DS path a bit more, I might play that some. I just can't play bullies.

That sounds strange :huh: ...how could a Jedi with LS mastery have leanings to the Sith..

Well, that is the one combination that would be most unlikely. They would have to code it so where, say at 30% Sith loyalty, you just cannot get any more LS points until you move closer to Unaligned.

But I think alot of problems would be solved if there was an actual Sith path and a Republic path in addition to the LS/DS thing. We need more FACTION QUESTS and FACTION PARTY MEMBERS!

Yeah but then then wouldn't the sith path give DS points :huh:

Sith being the DS faction of the Jedi and not a political movement o:)

I'd prefer 3 paths:

Republic

Empire

And Nothing or Anarchy(meaning no united superpower just planet sized worlds)

Q: Can you be outside the Republic as a single World?

Q:Can you leave the Republic?

You don't have to be a thug. I went Dark and usually chose neutral options and was very kind to my characters so I could get influence, and when I made my killing plunge they fell with me. That is the way to do it.

In answer to the first set of questions though.

Weapons Master > Marauder

Watchman < Assasin

Master < Lord

LS seems better to me, but it's just how you do it. I prefer to go high and mighty and get a prestige class, then take what Kreia says to heart and go more neutral but still slightly light. That is what she tries to teach you if you think about it. If you do it like that it seems like you are learning more than a yesman.

Yeah but then then wouldn't the sith path give DS points :rolleyes:

sometimes, yes. but again, if you are sent on a mission to take out a satellite dish somewhere you still advance in Sith rank by accomplishing the mission (even if you do not kill all the civilians there). But that just triggered another thought:

three indicators:

* Reputation: (i.e. cunning, cruel, psychopath, kind, daring, wise, etc).

* Diplomatic affiliation: Sith, Republic, Unaligned

(if you are someone who is LS and is anti-Republic, say from Onderon, you would be Unaligned...no need to punish you with DS points for being anti-Republic).

* Alignment (Light/Dark/Grey)

>Sith being the DS faction of the Jedi and not a political movement :)

when I say "faction", I do not just mean factions of the Jedi, although that would be cool, too, maybe in KOTOR 4 since there are no real Jedi to speak of in the current story arch.

I mean any organization: Sith (Revan/Malak), True Sith Empire (probably not this one since that will be so important to the main story), the Exchange, the Echani syndicate (you could join it in KOTOR I), the Czerka Corp, the Hutts of Nar Shadda, Republic Intelligence...whatever. If you join a faction, you get a number of faction-specific quests and the possibility of picking up some party members that only someone of your faction can get. You also can buy weapons and other items at reduced prices from fellow faction members...but it could also increase your chances of being waylayed by a rival faction.

But all this points to something other than a simple thermometer-type scale, does it not? OK, a field that states what your primary faction is. By default, it would be Republic. If you complete at least 2 faction-specific quests, the field changes to that faction. If you continually state in dialogue that you like neither the Sith nor the Republic, then it changes to Unaligned. What is in the field is important as it will determine what kind of triggers you get for side-quests and potential party members.

> Q: Can you be outside the Republic as a single World?

I would use the Onderon situation as an example...yes, and it does not necessarily make you evil. (fact check: yes, I realize that Onderon is technically in the Republic).

> Q:Can you leave the Republic?

that would be up to the writers. but, if so, it would probably have to be trigger-based (i.e. only a couple of times you could do it). The bottom line is, everyone is kind of expected to be in the Republic. The Republic is a very loosely-knit tapestry...there is alot of room for different views and such.

That is very interesting to say the least :rolleyes:

Tho I would like the oportunity to start as unaligned...you see even if you come from a Republic world you could still be anti it :)

Is there anything in the EU about of planets leaving the Republic?

And of course this system would require a new PC,right?

That is very interesting to say the least :rolleyes:

Tho I would like the oportunity to start as unaligned...you see even if you come from a Republic world you could still be anti it :)

Is there anything  in the EU about of planets leaving the Republic?

And of course this system would require a new PC,right?

Well, I'm not really the one to ask about EU matters.

I REALLY LIKE the idea of being able to state in dialogue what planet I am from and for that to have some bearing on the story.

The faction thing really shouldn't be that hard to do from a coding perspective...just alot more content (and these games need more content)...

Morrowind does the faction thing pretty well.

Morrowind does the faction thing pretty well.

By Factions do you mean the Houses or the Guilds?

As for the Planets...it would be hard...I saw a map once and it was huge :rolleyes:

It would be hard to implement all those planets and of course we would also need different races(which would be great :) )