UK polictics. Labour + Blair wins a third term.

Ouch

64 seats.

It's worse for Labour than I thought. I'd probably be a Tory, but England seems to have done rather well under Labour so who knows?

Looks like Labour took a pounding from both the Tories and the the LDs. I'd have to say the LDs are the only ones who scare me, but it's always easy to second guess the politics in some other country. Not wise, just easy.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

64 seats is still a comfortable majority the reason we have been doing well under Labour is cos basically they arent that much different from the Tories.

But its good that their majority has been lessened. It makes it more difficult to rush legislation.

I think LD gained voters this time around as a protest against Blair.

EDIT: Tories = nickname for conservative party. It used to be their old name until about 200 years ago.

He can be challenged as leader of the party - there is a process for that. He always says he will step down anyway.

Politics isnt simple left and right Baley.

I was hoping that the Labour majority would be lower, or even wiped out, enough to make Tony 'Bliar' resign. A disappointing night, but with some grounds for optimism: Labour has a much reduced majority, so Blair won't be able to govern like a dictator any more - he has too many rebels in his own party for that.

It was fascinating to see George Galloway beating Oona King for Respect - a real anti-war vote. The Liberal Democrats' success was also mostly based on anti-war sentiment. I hope that Blair learns his lesson and is much less cosy with George Bush this time.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I was pretty much spot on with my 60 ish seats prediction.

Unseating Labour was never a realistic outcome. There isnt enough to choose between the parties on a base level as New Labour has always been more small c Conservative than traditional Labour.

Regardless of whats going on anywhere else, with the econemy going well for the moment there is no impetus for change. Better the devil you know and all that.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The only problem I have with the outcome is that Blair is still Prime Minister...can't the labourists sack him :rolleyes:

Shouldn't labourists be left-wing...how can they be like the conservatives?

It's called the Third Way ideology which is essentially what Bill Clinton was all about and this is also openly embraced by many European politicians.

Basically, it is a concession that human economic society is market-based, really.

It seeks alot in the way of safety nets and worker's rights as long as capitalism remains intact.

64 seats is still a comfortable majority  the reason we have been doing well under Labour is cos basically they arent that much different from the Tories.

But its good that their majority has been lessened. It makes it more difficult to rush legislation.

I think LD gained voters this time around as a protest against Blair.

EDIT: Tories = nickname for conservative party. It used to be their old name until about 200 years ago.

He can be challenged as leader of the party - there is a process for that. He always says he will step down anyway.

Politics isnt simple left and right Baley.

the labour majority (if taken percentage wise) is the least comfortable one on record dude

Oh, come now, you have imaginary friends from all over the world, WM. You can discuss English politics with them whilst you sip imaginary tea from an imaginary cup on an imaginary saucer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!