If you had the choice

Handmaiden or the Disciple  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Handmaiden or the Disciple

• Handmaiden
    • Disciple
    • Neither they are both.. well.. umm.. crazy
    • I choose Yogi bear

To choose between Handmaiden or the Disciple which one would you choose? (For example I wish I could have Disciple because my main is a male, I don't want the Handmaiden)

The one I would choose is the Disciple. He seems much more developed compared to Handmaiden, he's great if your character is a consular and is a good medic. He's also good as melee as well he's a soldier :(

Handmaiden on the other hand isn't really a favorite for her, the only thing she benefits your character is the BP bonus which doesn't really help much if your character has no wisdom whatsoever. Handmaiden also gets a bunch of unarm skills which she (well in my game) never uses..

My hand is on the Disciple... plus it's cool to know that your padawan came back to you :)

It's interesting you say that. From a character point of view, I've always seen Disciple as a fawning-fanboi for your character. That's great if you're looking to have a little horde of sycophants following you around (this seems pretty popular among DSers), but Handmaiden has always seemed like a more interesting character to me. She has the whole thing about not using her real name, being rejected by her half-sisters, and being stuck with her oaths when she has dreams and aspirations beyond just being an Echani sister.

The Disciple also has that vile English accent that reminds me of some pretentious college or high school theatre major.

Hm, I'll choose Yogi Bear. ^_^

But out of the two, it's Handmaiden. Di is just... a "psycotic wonderboy" -- like I read in a many insulting post or something. Between his Dark Side speeches (it's like a male version of Bastila! :( ), beaver teeth, strange character, no backstory, and just weirdness, it's Handmaiden.

Like Epicenter said, her story is a lot more interesting -- being rejected by half sisters is better than Di's...wait what is his story exactly? I think I skippd that dialogue.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Hm, I'll choose Yogi Bear. ^_^

But out of the two, it's Handmaiden. Di is just... a "psycotic wonderboy" -- like I read in a many insulting post or something. Between his Dark Side speeches (it's like a male version of Bastila! :( ), beaver teeth, strange character, no backstory, and just weirdness, it's Handmaiden.

Like Epicenter said, her story is a lot more interesting -- being rejected by half sisters is better than Di's...wait what is his story exactly? I think I skippd that dialogue.

Suspously he was meant to be your padawan.

*cough*

I'm going to say the disciple. Then I would like to add that I am straight. I found him to be a very reliable soldier and a half decent jedi. I would send him in first against whoever I fought and most of the time he held his own. Dialouge wise he is a total ass but for battles he turned out better than I thought he would... :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

None of the above. Handmaiden is sycophantic and disturbingly happy to wrestle you in her underwear, Disciple is wishy-washy and dentally challenged, and Yogi Bear always annoyed me for some reason.

I'm having a miserable time trying to turn Disciple evil (I figure I may as well wreck his life, since I can't stand him!) - I suppose I'm going to have to let him leave the ship at some point or something. Sigh.

Neither. I play with the NPCs I like, and as for the ones I don't like, they stay on the Ebon Hawk and they pretty much don't exist. The first two or three times through, I varied my parties more to see which situations produced dialogue from NPCs, but no longer.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'd say the Disciple. Handmaiden's cold-heartedness (in the beginning) gets on my nerves. Disciple is kind, wanting what is best for everyone, and a constant seeker of knowledge. Though I must admit, he does seem to be a bit of a fanboy, that does not lessen my view of him. His intents and goals are noble and worthy of respect.

<>< <>< Fishy Fishy ><> ><>

Id definately go Handmaiden over Disiple personally.

The Handmaiden has a conflicted past but shows strenght, dedication, and loyalty in resolving that past as she learns to move forward.

Disiple really didnt impress me what so ever and came off nerdy (for lack of better word) in KotOR2.

Add to that the obvious "love" interest or relationship possibilities between a male exile and handmaiden.

I always do at least one play through as a female after Ive have explored the male PC role in these games and gotta say, I cant really understand why any female would choose Disiple over Atton (or even Bao) based on personalities presented in game unless the female is looking for someone they can completely and utterly control with no back talk.

I personally find characters with a backbone (capably of independant thought and can stand up for themselves with out whining) to be much more appealing when you deal with "relationship" aspects of gaming or really real life as well. To be honest this the same reason Ive never understood the Carth fans out there as Carth came across as such a whiner to me in KotOR1. So many people like to compare Carth to Hans Solo. I just dont s ee the comparison. Hans was stubern, funny, and self assured. None of those traits can be associated to Carth. Atton yes but not Carth.

LOL, anyways, got off topic there. As a male Exile Id go with Handmaiden. I have droids that will follow my every command unquestioning, dont need blind devotion like that in people as well :thumbsup: As a Female Exile, I still think Id choose Handmaiden over Disiple (if forced to choose between those two only even though Handmaiden not available to females in KotOR2) for the same reasons. Strenght of character is just a much much more impressive personality trait :- LOL, that even includes the possibility of the love story angle. Disiple reminds me of the nerdy kid back in grade school that would get picked on every day and never stand up for themselves.

*grins* course Id take Visas over them all!!!!

Top 5 from KotOR1 and 2 and JE:

1) Visas

2) Mira

3) Dawn Star/Handmaiden

4) Silk Fox

5)Bastila

I too have to go for the Handmaiden. Althought i liked both characters about the same (storywise), i would always go with HM for the battle precognition as i almost always play as a consular.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Disciple reminds me a lot of this really really REALLY annoying guy I used to work with. If I had the chance, I would take him out on the Ebon Hawk when no-one was looking and throw him out a window.... as long as I didnt lose LS points... but really, even a Jedi has his limits.

:-

Handmaiden.

I have to go with the Disciple -- he's kind of annoying, but can become a Jedi before you leave the Enclave, and eqquiped well he can kick some serious tail. Okay, that, and I like the fact that he was meant to be your student. And he actually contributes to your understanding of what's going on. The Handmaiden's alright, but her story isn't really tied to yours. The Disciple fulfills a dream when he becomes a Jedi, Brianna betrays an oath to do it... no wonder she needs the cargo hold with all that emotional baggage! :)

Cloris

Handmaiden: 3 reasons:

A: I'm a Male.

B: Personal Plot

C: She's the best comabt npc (along with Atton). Give her heavy armor, the duelist feats, power attack, and you're set (and you can do this instantly, since she levels automatically. Until she becomes a jedi, she's utetrly unarmed and is is surperior to all otehr characters in melee (before I recieve a lightsaber she's approx. equal with me). The 2 NPC's I utilized most often are Atton and The Handmaiden, I don't really bother with anyone else. The Disciple doesn't sound as pwoerful as The Handmaiden, and you have to find a suitable weapon for him since he doesn't get free unarmed feats.