Kingdom of Heaven

Lucius

We did get some shaky cam but not too much and the cuts weren't lightning fast so you could at least see what was happening before it changed again.

The cuts were still a little too quick for mine, but there certainly have been far worse shaky-cam films - I give the world championship to the "Bourne Supremacy" here - I had no idea what was happenig in any of the fights/chase sequences there.

A review at CHUD said it would have been awesome if Saladin and Jeremy Irons' character had been the leads. But other than those two, the movie was pretty bland.

Movies like this usually happen when a director becomes more focused on his/her legacy. Its easier to recycle the same movie over and over again then it is to take any risk that might effect boxoffice sales. The Ridley Scot of Bladerunner is long dead in favor of this conservative prosiac director/producer

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

We did get some shaky cam but not too much and the cuts weren't lightning fast so you could at least see what was happening before it changed again.

The cuts were still a little too quick for mine, but there certainly have been far worse shaky-cam films - I give the world championship to the "Bourne Supremacy" here - I had no idea what was happenig in any of the fights/chase sequences there.

As I said I would have to go with Riddick as not only did it have quick cuts and shaky cam but it also blurred most of the picture so you were left going "WTF just happened?!?!"

As I said I would have to go with Riddick as not only did it have quick cuts and shaky cam but it also blurred most of the picture so you were left going "WTF just happened?!?!"

Actually the whole Riddick movie made me do that... :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Lucius, where you refering to Raynald of Chatillon? He was the lord of Oultrejourdain. Gerard of Ridefort was the Grand Master of the Knight Templers. The other guy who kept screaming "God wills it" was Guy Lusignan, the nominal King-Consort of Jerusalem.

Another thing to note was that Guy did not want to attack the Ayyubids in a pitched battle of out vanity alone. The movie did not show that Saladin begun his campaign by besieging Tiberias - an important city to Jerusalem. It was out of fear that the great city was to fall did Guy, Gerard and Raynald decide to go and lift the siege. Raymond IV of Tripoli argued against their course of action but was overruled.

I do believe that Raymond did join the battle of Hattin in history. He did not sit that one out as depicted in the movie and he managed to escape capture.

The cinematography was good and the storyline was generally interesting. But I would have prefered it if the show concentrated more on the historical characters and more on the battles.

The cinematography was good and the storyline was generally interesting.  But I would have prefered it if the show concentrated more on the historical characters and more on the battles.

Yes - but then you would have left out the girlie audience who need to see Orlando and a little bit of romance or they won't come (or at least so Hollywood would have us believe).

Lucius,  where you refering to Raynald of Chatillon?  He was the lord of Oultrejourdain.  Gerard of Ridefort was the Grand Master of the Knight Templers.  The other guy who kept screaming "God wills it" was Guy Lusignan, the nominal King-Consort of Jerusalem.

Another thing to note was that Guy did not want to attack the Ayyubids in a pitched battle of out vanity alone.  The movie did not show that Saladin begun his campaign by besieging Tiberias - an important city to Jerusalem.  It was out of fear that the great city was to fall did Guy, Gerard and Raynald decide to go and lift the siege.  Raymond IV of Tripoli argued against their course of action but was overruled.   

I do believe that Raymond did join the battle of Hattin in history.  He did not sit that one out as depicted in the movie and he managed to escape capture.

The cinematography was good and the storyline was generally interesting.  But I would have prefered it if the show concentrated more on the historical characters and more on the battles.

I don't know whether anyone would make a movie more like a National Geographic documentary. (I would be pleased to watch it, but I think we are in the minority. :thumbsup: )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yes I agree and I too have read the things you mention, but the guy chanting "God wills it!" all the time is only credited as Templar Master, he's the one with the silly hat supporting Guy at the summit, and he's portrayed by a Danish actor. Danish actor had somewhat short and limited on screen presence in this movie, Ridley likes to just use us a characters he can kill off a few scenes later. :D

Oh and there's far worse shaky camera flicks out there, this one is nothing.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

...was bored fer nearly 2 1/2 hours...acting was OK, but the storyline was interrupted far too much by the "Self-Sacrificing Human Side" scenes, most o' which didna need ta be there...not much o' a lead inta the "Summer Blockbuster Season" if'n ya asks me... <_<

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

Aha, I've only been to Barcelona myself. But I'll put it on my tovisit list in this lifetime for sure. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.