I finally finished the game for the first time.

Never have I felt so cheated and hollow. <-- Drama

But seriously, wtf was that? The ebon hawk was clearly trashed when it "landed" on Malachor V, and then suddenly it flies off as the planet falls apart like a pile of cigarette ashes? And that's your ending? WTF!? And the sad thing is, that was the light side ending. I'm afraid to ask how the dark side ending goes, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's the exact same ending! BAH! And what was with Kreia having her back to me the entire time during that final battle scene? So... retarded.

Obsidian... Youuuu SUCK!!!!

Yes, most of us feel cheated by the ending but don't judge the entire game on it.

After all, if it wasn't such a good game you wouldn't feel so bad about the end.

As for the DS ending....well it is slightly different but equally as bad I'm afraid.

DS ending was worse in my opinion. In the LS ending you know what's going on, you know what just happened and you are left to wonder what will happen.

In the DS ending, you have no idea what power you just got and will eventually leave Malachor on the Ebon Hawk anyway, so...you know.

I wouldn't go that far, after all if everyone just used just one thread there would be very little to read on these forums and we would have one thread thousands and thousands of pages long.  :)

You're obviously right.But in this particular case there are already loads of threads dealing with that subject.

They did have time for a proper ending. And they made a proper ending. And its still in the files! Don't tell me that Obsidian didn't have enough time to finish. They did. They just let a guy who was fascinated with chopping stuff up cut the game.

Actually the majority of people that have been around these forums are over it, and learned to enjoy the game for what it is, not what it isn't. It's all the forum newbs that took awhile to get the game, that come on here and bitch about it.....you're quite a few months late....lol

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to speed up the process in which you get over it and talk about what you enjoyed....thnx come again.

I don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to speed up the process in which you get over it and talk about what you enjoyed....thnx come again.
Yes, you'd love that wouldn't you? It's not easy to watch in horror as your favorite franchise is flushed down the toilet. Thanx Obsidian and Lucasarts! :thumbsup:

Actually the majority of people that have been around these forums are over it, and learned to enjoy the game for what it is, not what it isn't.  It's all the forum newbs that took awhile to get the game, that come on here and bitch about it.....you're quite a few months late....lol

Go ahead and complain, it's good therapy. I would agree with the tall white fluffy invisible Oryctolagus Cuniculus, though, and read some game magazines for official reviews and player testimonials, if not forums like this one. Still, this will serve as a learning experience, should you let it.

I just played Deus Ex again, and -- as limited as the scope of the three endings were in terms of the length of entire narrative -- the multiple endings gave a fabulous sense of closure with completely different philosophical ramifications to ponder as the credits role.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, I liked the Deus Ex endings way better.

Radiohead3--check out the Restoration mod. It's a project to restore the ending which should have been--all Obsidian's work. You may eventually like that ending much, much better. It will feature all the characters you didn't see in the perfunctory crapass 'official' ending.

I wish people would just stop complaining and whining about how bad the ending is... <_< and Obsidian doesn't suck. It's because LA rushed them and they had no time to do a proper ending.

You don't know that.

Neither LA or Obsidian had said who decided to push for a christmas sale.

Also Obsidian had the choice to not aim for a Christmas release, it's not like Lucas Arts can simply take over their job. They pretty much fired all of their developers in the past 4 years :)

Yeah, I liked the Deus Ex endings way better.

Radiohead3--check out the Restoration mod. It's a project to restore the ending which should have been--all Obsidian's work. You may eventually like that ending much, much better. It will feature all the characters you didn't see in the perfunctory crapass 'official' ending.

What's your favourite ending?

Warren Spectre said that there was only going to be the one ending (can you guess what it is yet?), before they hit upon the brilliant idea of multiple endings. Oh, for all those nay-sayers that say it adds to much complexity for the sequel, Deus Ex:IW just assumed the one ending (although you have to play the entire sequel to discover which one it is...)

Y'see, us geeks are a reasonable bunch.

:)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wish people would just stop complaining and whining about how bad the ending is... <_< and Obsidian doesn't suck. It's because LA rushed them and they had no time to do a proper ending.

You don't know that.

Neither LA or Obsidian had said who decided to push for a christmas sale.

Also Obsidian had the choice to not aim for a Christmas release, it's not like Lucas Arts can simply take over their job. They pretty much fired all of their developers in the past 4 years :)

No, I don't. Someone said so, so I just followed what he said.

According to certain sources, IW incorporated all 3 endings. JC killed Bob Page, Merged with Helios, and screwed A-51. That's what caused the Great collapse. Apparently he didn't get along w/ Illuminati, and he didn't properly merge with Helios. But we are REALLY digressing from the primary topic.

According to certain sources, IW incorporated all 3 endings. JC killed Bob Page, Merged with Helios, and screwed A-51. That's what caused the Great collapse. Apparently he didn't get along w/ Illuminati, and he didn't properly merge with Helios. But we are REALLY digressing from the primary topic.

Well, I'll tell you soon, I'm currently re-playing it again. :D

Still, you can't incorporate all the endings; one was to blow up Area 51 and cause a new Dark Age; one was to merge with Helios; and one was to join the Illuminati! :thumbsup: They are mutually exclusive. :(

Yeah, so stop digressing on this tangent. :ermm:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

1 fianl Digression 9is that even grammatically correct?). The Great Collapse (A.K.A. New Dark Age) was cause dby the obliteration of global communications by destroying A-51. How else could it have ocurred? ALso, what happened to the old Illuminati (Everett and Dowd), wouldn;t they take powers, as oppsoed to Nicolette and Chad?