xbox woes

Love the game but soem problems

no downloadable content like patches? xbox has the same bugs pc users have ya know.

combat:

anyway to turn off "combat mode engaged"? It is rediculous and uneeded, I know I am in combat! I am not an idiot. Plus it takes up valuable realestate on the screen, it ruins the cinematic feel of battles.

Another thing that clutters up combat screen is the overly huge health bars of the enemies. Really folks, they don't have to be that big. It just ruisn and blocks all the action.

The inability to move the camera up and down, only sideways in combat. Minor frustration but oen nonetheless.

I know combat is turn based, but the standing around has to stop. I'm a Jedi, jedi don't stand around in combat. Easy fix, if there is a kotor 3, is to speed up com,bat calculations so that never happens. People can still pause if the action is goign to fast. Another solution would be to have the toons still run animaitons even though they are not doign anything..I rather watch em do soemthing even if its not their turn to do damage yet, then just stand there..

General:

No hooded jedi robes. c'mon im sick of games that won't let me have em. Just give em up already geeze! i mean, in kotor 2, im beeign hunted by bounty hunters, sith, assasin droids and who knows whatelse, you woudl think I would slap on a hood so I don't attract to much attention..this IS an rpg right? rpg doesn't just mean rollign dice, it means beeing one with the character and thats impossible when so much is contrived and forced upon me.

k, thats my bigegst gripes, i know they can't be fixed, but had to get em out there. Hopefulyl kotor 3 will address these issues.

My bigegst concern is the combat mode engaged thign at top of screen, i seen some screen shots that do bnot have this..is this possible soemwhere that I missed to get rid of on xbox? and did I somehow miss how to get patches for this game on xbox?

besides all that, i love thi sgame, 1 and 2. no its not the best rpg, nwn is the best rpg ever made because it has unendign replayablility and unending character development which is what rpg is all about. but kotor comes in 4 or 5th of all time best

rpgs ever made. can't wait for a third.

thanks.

Love the game but soem problems

no downloadable content like patches? xbox has the same bugs pc users have ya know.

combat:

anyway to turn off "combat mode engaged"? It is rediculous and uneeded, I know I am in combat! I am not an idiot. Plus it takes up valuable realestate on the screen, it ruins the cinematic feel of battles.

Another thing that clutters up combat screen is the overly huge health bars of the enemies. Really folks, they don't have to be that big. It just ruisn and blocks all the action.

The inability to move the camera up and down, only sideways in combat. Minor frustration but oen nonetheless.

I know combat is turn based, but the standing around has to stop. I'm a Jedi, jedi don't stand around in combat. Easy fix, if there is a kotor 3, is to speed up com,bat calculations so that never happens. People can still pause if the action is goign to fast. Another solution would be to have the toons still run animaitons even though they are not doign anything..I rather watch em do soemthing even if its not their turn to do damage yet, then just stand there..

General:

No hooded jedi robes. c'mon im sick of games that won't let me have em. Just give em up already geeze! i mean, in kotor 2, im beeign hunted by bounty hunters, sith, assasin droids and who knows whatelse, you woudl think I would slap on a hood so I don't attract to much attention..this IS an rpg right? rpg doesn't just mean rollign dice, it means beeing one with the character and thats impossible when so much is contrived and forced upon me.

k, thats my bigegst gripes, i know they can't be fixed, but had to get em out there. Hopefulyl kotor 3 will address these issues.

My bigegst concern is the combat mode engaged thign at top of screen, i seen some screen shots that do bnot have this..is this possible soemwhere that I missed to get rid of on xbox? and did I somehow miss how to get patches for this game on xbox?

besides all that, i love thi sgame, 1 and 2. no its not the best rpg, nwn is the best rpg ever made because it has unendign replayablility and unending character development which is what rpg is all about. but kotor comes in 4 or 5th of all time best

rpgs ever made. can't wait for a third.

thanks.

Only time before the PC posters flame you and say

"I DON"T HAVE A XBOX BUT THE HOBO DOWN THE STREET SAYS YOU CAN'T UPGRADE GAMES ON THE XBOX !!111!!!11"

Only time before the PC posters flame you and say

"I DON"T HAVE A XBOX BUT THE HOBO DOWN THE STREET SAYS YOU CAN'T UPGRADE GAMES ON THE XBOX !!111!!!11"

As far as I know no one has said you can't update games on the Xbox... mind you most people have said that you can't get patches vis Xbox live, but you can get content updates for most games.... Just not K2. And oh yeah I own an Xbox and thats the only system I have K2 for so trust me when I say I have looked into this! I even asked a dev about updates and they said there would/couldn't be any (back when they answered question on a regular basis that is). Not too mention the game case doesn't have the little Xbox Live logo on it like KOTOR does, should be one of the first clues that updates aren't going to happen (yes and that does mean on CD too, since LA doesn't like doing that, atleast for KOTOR series games anyway).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

well, I know xbox does have game patches for lots of things, this is why i asked. I just can't respect a company who knows they are putting out a buggy game on xbox, knowing they will release a pc patch at soem point, and not doign the small extra step to make the game xbox live compatable to download update.

if I remember correctly, kotor 1 did have this feature.

well, I know xbox does have game patches for lots of things, this is why i asked. I just can't respect a company who knows they are putting out a buggy game on xbox, knowing they will release a pc patch at soem point, and not doign the small extra step to make the game xbox live compatable to download update.

if I remember correctly, kotor 1 did have this feature.

You should read around some more before you post things like this.

First of all, this entire complaint should be on the LA forums, not OEs. Why? It's simple, LA decided it was okay tou put a buggy game on the market, instead of sending it back to have it polished some more.

You have to decide for yourself who you want to blame. The people who designed it, and were willing to spend more time on it. Or the people who published it, only cared about the money and decided it was best to put a bug filled game on the market.

As for not making Kotor2 Xbox live enables.. I'm not sure who decides that. For all we know, the option might have never been open for OE.

Also, Xbox owners... Please, stop complaining about the PC patch.

You know all the bugs you have in your version? Well, they are alive and well in the PC versions. It's incredible really. We got the game two months later, not only does the PC version have it's own set of much worse bugs, but all the Xbox bugs are present aswell. Two more months pass, we get a *few* of are bugs fixed. But still, the Xbox bugs remain in the PC version.

My guess is that they are intentionally leaving them in.

Its Karma.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

They can patch games and add content on xbox console only because of the hard drive. However it is a small hard drive so patching everygame like you do for pc is not going to work.

I good pc is better then xbox but in 5 days we'll see what the xbox 360 is about.

I've never heard of such thing called an Xbox 360, is it the new one that's coming out?

yes. It's quite a bit smaller than the original. There was a link somewhere on the forums but I'll be damned if I could find it anywhere... :lol:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

x box 360, xbox next, xeon, xbox 2? who knows? find out on TRL next week.

I read somewhere that MS dont want to use Live for patching its meant as a content download service. The K1 "patch" was bundled with the yavin merchant and those special crystals.

and you can use controllers on the pc even xbox ones :)

and you can use controllers on the pc even xbox ones :)

Really..I've only seen PC\PS2 controlls here...might you tell me how they feel :) ?

As for XBOX 2 ...I hate MTV Romania with all my heart...and they don't even air TRL here...they might show it on the news tho :)"

x box 360, xbox next, xeon, xbox 2? who knows? find out on TRL next week.

I read somewhere that MS dont want to use Live for patching its meant as a content download service. The K1 "patch" was bundled with the yavin merchant and those special crystals.

and you can use controllers on the pc even xbox ones :thumbsup:

and you can use mouse and keyboard and ps2 and gamecube on xbox. controllers port on a xbox are just usb ports.

I've never heard of such thing called an Xbox 360, is it the new one that's coming out?

go to IGN's Page for more info on the XBOX 360. There is one article that has some interesting picts of it (whether or not they are real picts are a question though).

Here is a couple of the picts.

post-1819-1115582930_thumb.jpg post-1819-1115583011_thumb.jpg

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png