quality matters?......

one year more in the pipeline, or a substandard game?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. one year more in the pipeline, or a substandard game?

• that extra year to do a game full justice
    • earlier release date, but compromised quality

im not a one for polls to be honest and i know this topic has been much discussed but i dont recall a poll sooooooo:

personally i would rather wait that extra year and get a game that really is something special. obviously this isnt the case for all games but there are quite few which would have benefited from more development time, to the extent that they were out and out classics.......

look, dont go see doctor goa whatever you do otherwise its off to the asylum for you :D

(i also think that your not in your right mind but im vindictive and had to do some sort of i told you so)

i have become totally alienated from this forum, i do miss it occasionally like tonight so i decided id come on and post a thread, alas it was to no avail. iv had some interesting times on this forum tho so its just me being pathetic and sentimental, and now im rambling

i have become totally alienated from this forum, i do miss it occasionally like tonight so i decided id come on and post a thread, alas it was to no avail. iv had some interesting times on this forum tho so its just me being pathetic and sentimental, and now im rambling

Just go to computer and console or way off-topic :lol: ...or the new PNJ board :lol:

The poll is baised and therefore stupid. Mnay quality games are made in 1 year. hwoever, they tend to be planned out very well and they don't overstep their boundaries.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Obsidian is sticking to the story that the game was not rushed, and that while some elements were cut as the deadline approached, this didn't happen any more than is usual for games. Sadly, this suggests that the poor quality of the ending is the result of the developers' story-telling powers failing rather than pressure from LucasArts. However, not everyone considers the ending to be weak, even though it's probably a majority opinion on these forums. Aside from the ending, most of the game was pretty good.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Quantity is Job #1

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think substandard games in fast time are better! It encourages gamers to spend more money buying games as they come out, which stimulates the economy, provides jobs to the unemployed, and helps prevent an economic downturn that would hand America over to Communists.

After we turn Communist, yours is going to be the head I crack on my washboard abs :angry:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

A game's actually never done. It just gets shipped.

Teehee, that's what my dev friends tell me -- no software is ever really finished.

I must say, though, that if the story wasn't so compelling, I wouldn't be so bugged by the bugs and the crash/zoom ending. I would have stopped playing, and returned it if I could. But noooo, it had to have a truly evocative plot, compelling characters, and awesome visuals...

:shifty:

Cloris

It's quite obvious that every player of this game would have preferered a game delayed of a few months than having a far too less tested one with incoherent ending...

Fortunately, some bugs have been fixed and the butchered movies and musics are going to be fixed.

I'd bet anything that if Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was going to be released May 19, 2006 instead of this year, then Obsidian would have spent 1 more year working on KoTOR2....

I don't think they needed eighteen months to finish the game. I don't know anything about the developpement of a game, but I think three to sixth months would have been enough to fix the bugs, make a coherent ending and why not, integrate the cut content.

Then KotOR II would have been one the best RPG ever.