Smart people don't believe in god...

Do you guys see it yet? i will explain it in other words if you want , now  that i said it once you atleast have an idea.

I totally agree that Science is a religion. Its just not an organized religion and its beliefs are based on facts instead of stories.

Yes! its governed by man.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

religion

→ noun 

[mass noun] the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods: ideas about the relationship between science and religion.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

science is based on verifiable evidence, religious faith is not and actually makes a point of not being verifiable.

EDIT: i predict we will go round and round on this.

Prove it!

EX1The sunds goes up because of tibetan Monks pray everymorning so it will. prove me wrong.

EX2God makes the sun come up

Myspace Website!

My rig

A scientist does not believe that because something is there today, it will be correct tomorrow, he knows that it is a strong possibility..

When Edward Witten came up with M-theory, he didnt go out and declare it as absolute truth(like religions do), its merely seen as a theory thats worth looking into and may be be proven to be either true or false in the end.

no matter how you try to twist and turn it, science and religion are unrelated.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A scientist does not believe that because something is there today, it will be correct tomorrow, he knows that it is a strong possibility..

When Edward Witten came up with M-theory, he didnt go out and declare it as absolute truth(like religions do), its merely seen as a theory thats worth looking into and may be be proven to be either true or false in the end.

no matter how you try to twist and turn it, science and religion are unrelated.

If scientist don't beleive the laws are going to be there tomarrow what is the point of science?

Myspace Website!

My rig

So you are saying ALL relgions worshipp?

Well, they don't. Buddhism says that you can believe in a god if you want, but nothing will come from worship, you have to look to yourself for answers.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Prove it!

EX1The sunds goes up because of tibetan Monks pray everymorning so it will. prove me wrong.

EX2God makes the sun come up

It can't be proved, because science doesn't prove theories, it can only disprove them.

It is, however, the most reasonable explanation of the available evidence. The sun rises and falls because of the rotation of the Earth. This explains the phenomenon using only elements which are observable - the Earth, the laws of physics etc. The theory that it is caused by God requires the inclusion of an additional element - God - which is neither observable nor necessary to explain the phenomenon. The same goes for the Tibetan monk prayers - we have no idea how prayer should produce this phenomenon, so there must be some unknown force at work. Again, it's not observable and it's not necessary to explain the observed effect. Therefore, according to Occam's Razor, we should accept the simplest explanation as the most reasonable, pending further evidence to the contrary.

The point of science is to 1) understand how the world works 2) use that knowledge for a purpouse

What is the point of religion?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Different religions have differnt points, sciencem toaism, Christianity, and buddism.

Some say evolution is the cretion of us, some say god is, there are to many, some say big bang some say god created in so many days, some even say you can never know, so go with what works. I would say religion is for wisdom and knowledge, but is their logic based on a false premice?

Myspace Website!

My rig

If you drop a stone a 1000 times...

And it falls to the ground a 1000 times...

Is it phisics or gods will...

Well, If we drop it once more will i fall or will it float ??

Phisics tells us that the stone falls to the ground based on the fact that it has fallen to the ground a 1000 times before...

Gods will is something else, maybe the hand of god will interevene and catch the stone... The day that happens, well thats the day I will proberly believe in a higher power...

Anyways, I think Mao was right Religion is Poison...

Hmm im reading it and stumbling on the words... he says that  faith is the main vice of religion, but doesnt a scientist have faith in the laws?

If you're using the word 'faith' to mean 'strong belief', then yes.

If you're using the word 'fatih' to mean 'belief without evidence', then no.

Hmm im reading it and stumbling on the words... he says that  faith is the main vice of religion, but doesnt a scientist have faith in the laws?

If you're using the word 'faith' to mean 'strong belief', then yes.

If you're using the word 'fatih' to mean 'belief without evidence', then no.

;) so its subjective.... humbug, i hate dancing words.

so your saying religions FAITH is when you have no evidence? some would say the evidence is everywhere, that becaue he got the ball rolling "we are". my teacher told me you just have to take that step to "beleive" but wouldn't she have to take the same step for evolution? yes but because she has all the evidence she needs to beleive in it she does .(religious school of couss) Some would say the proof is in the bible, that is the biggest proof.

Myspace Website!

My rig

But Im with you, IMO, believing in god is not one bit different than believing in Santa Claus.

Well you now Santa isn't real...you're can't be sure bout God :D

1. No known species of reindeer that can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer (which only Santa has ever seen.)

2. There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total-378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept),we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and etc. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second-a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

4. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload-not even counting the weight of the sleigh-to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison-this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.

5. 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance-this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

:D

manthing2.jpg

I am an empirical rationalist.  I go by what I can see, hear, touch, and so forth.  I know God exists.  I know that Lucifer (Semyaz, Satan, Bob, whatever you want to call him) exists.  I worship neither one.

Did you see, hear, touch, feel, or taste them? I'm very curious on this. It all sounds very naughty.

I am an empirical rationalist.  I go by what I can see, hear, touch, and so forth.  I know God exists.  I know that Lucifer (Semyaz, Satan, Bob, whatever you want to call him) exists.  I worship neither one.

Did you see, hear, touch, feel, or taste them? I'm very curious on this. It all sounds very naughty.

Thats real hott ;) :ph34r: can i watch?

Myspace Website!

My rig