Why think KotORII sucked?

But one thing I didn't get was:

Did you like KotORII, or didn't you? And which one of the games did you like better?

(An thanks for a bit of RPG discussion :blink:)

Loved KotOR2 :lol: Best RPG Ive played in last decade.

Im an old RPG fan and all the stuff like fallout, FF series, New NWN, Balders Gate, ect never really appealed to me. The KotOR series was a very welcome return to story based RPGs for me (as was JE).

My top 3 RPGs (in last 10 years) are:

1) KotOR2

2) KotOR

3) Jade Empire

Parts one and two are actually very close in rankings for me, just part 2 gets the nod because it wasnt as predictable, found my group mates more interesting and enjoyable (biggest disappointment in K1 was I couldnt kill Carth, cause lightside or darkside, I was SICK TO DEATH of his never ending whining by the time we hit the planet below the Star Forge), and was slightly larger (with greater replay value) then part 1.

JE could have been better then both but Bioware missed the boat by having influence only matter in love stories (other characters stories you learn by just speaking to them often), limit of one party npc traveling with you (rather then the 2 members we have in KotOR series), and game was far to small content wise (as I said, 20 hours to play and that includes watching all the cinematics and listening to the voices)..

i only have two points for you to think:

1) you are actually comparing 2 complete games with one incomplete...

2) i had to drag Bastilla until the end (as DS) instead of slitting her throat for manipulating me. The scenario can not accomodate fully each and every one of us.

Well, you'll just have to wait until they make a game where you can kill one of the main plot characters..! Geez... When you find a computer game that is 100% realistic, call me.

umm... have you even PLAYED kotor2?!

kill a main character?! how about KREIA!!!!!

and in kotor1, carth is a pretty major character and you can kill him!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

You can kill them when or if the PLOT allows you!

And by the way, how the **** did you kill Carth? He can't be killed, thus his appearence in K2!

Kreia can be killed WHEN THE PLOT ALLOWS YOU and not before that.

You better know the game before you speak about it...

There was an ending where you could have killed him...

Bio cut it...

There's a mod that enables it...

But Carth cannot be killed in the original version,so you can't name his as a killable main character...

There was an ending where you could have killed him...

Bio cut it...

There's a mod that enables it...

But Carth cannot be killed in the original version,so you can't name his as a killable  main character...

Exactly.

female dark side ending in kotor1

if you do the carth romance, you get to kill him on the star forge. or of you choose not to, bastila kills him

carth ONLY appears in kotor2 if you set revan as light sided!!

anyway, so what if you can only kill them when the plot allows you. if you dont like them THEN DONT USE THEM!!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

KotOR2 didn't "suck", but there are a few aspects which might need some polish.

IMO one major problem (from a PC user's point of view) is that KotOR2 was primarily developed for a console.

Two other "blemishes" are the sometimes tangled dialogues and the too abrupt ending.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Why is everyone moaning about the plot?Have you never played Dungeon Siege?If thats not a case of style over content I don't know what is.

Yes the ending could have been better.I would have preferred Kreia to show me the future rather than tell me.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

kotor 2 had a better story yes, but was no where near kotor1 in thems of game. In kotor 1, you wanted to start a new game, and there were always things that you didnt saw before. In kotor 2, everything is plain and boring. In kotor 1, you kept good memories of place and music, in kotor 2 you dont keep any memory, you just try to explain the story. So kotor 1 was a good game and kotor 2 was not, now if they were a book, kotor 2 would be a lot better.

kotor 2 had a better story yes, but was no where near kotor1 in thems of game. In kotor 1, you wanted to start a new game, and there were always things that you didnt saw before. In kotor 2, everything is plain and boring. In kotor 1, you kept good memories of place and music, in kotor 2 you dont keep any memory, you just try to explain the story. So kotor 1 was a good game and kotor 2 was not, now if they were a book, kotor 2 would be a lot better.

I disagree there...

It seems like you have to play KOTOR 2 at least 5 times to learn everything.

IN KOTOR 1 -- you had to play it 4 times, but I played it 10 times and never went DS. I just can't! :-

As for wanting to start a new game, I agree with you. KOTOR 1 seemed lighter somehow; whereas Peragus-Dark. Malachor=Dark, scary, creepy, confusing.

I like when there is...well, light in the game. That's why I play KOTOR and not DOOM 3. Dark places freak me out.

And I hate Peragus more than Telos. Telos is like a freaking heaven to me now.

Also running around naked half the Peragus level is not my idea of having fun o.O

Also running around naked half the Peragus level is not my idea of having fun o.O

Conceptually, I like Peragus....blown-up planet that is now an asteroid field.

However, this very introductory world should have been no more than 1-hour long.

Hopefully, next time we will not have 2 ultra-linear worlds to go through before the game opens up.

So, so true, i absolutely detest Peragus, so Telos is wonderful :-

lol I meant TARIS :ph34r:

Telos was great too. I think the game should have started there.

Taris bored me a bit after a while and after all that running up and down between lower city, undercity and upper city, but guess im just lazy :D

Still, id go Taris over Peragus anytime :-

Same. Peragus is a good 3 hours and Telos is a good 2-3 hours.. btw I am a fast player.

Taris only takes me like 3 hours and than you're right at Datoonie and you become a jedi padawan :thumbsup:

Hey I dont know if anyone here noticed it as well but there is technically no side-quests for the NPC's in the game like there was in KOTOR1, apart from the fact the NPC's stories are all linked into the game, e.g. Handmaiden and Atris, Mira and Hanharr..

Just a thought :D

I don't agree. I've only played K1 three times because there are no new things to discover.

K2 is like the Matrix: The story is so complex that you to "see" it a couple of times to understand it. There are many conversations that are as deep as the one in Reloaded with the Architect: You have to read through the dialogue a couple of times to really GET IT.

I don't agree. I've only played K1 three times because there are no new things to discover.

K2 is like the Matrix: The story is so complex that you to "see" it a couple of times to understand it. There are many conversations that are as deep as the one in Reloaded with the Architect: You have to read through the dialogue a couple of times to really GET IT.

Similar to the Matrix Reloaded, however, the re-reading is not because of the profundity of the philosophical content, but the ineptitude of the dialogue used to convey it.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Erm, comparing the game to the Matrix sequels might not work in your favour... :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I think the second game definitely had the "grittier" story - introducing Kreia's "atheism" or whatever you want to call it was pretty interesting.

(It would be like the Pope telling Catholics to stop believing in God.)

But man, that ending was horrible. :wub:

I think I would have went insane were it not for the good people who went through the dialog files and created those .wav compilations.