I found a video I had never seen...

Hi,

I really doubt this will be new to a lot of folks around here, but during my second playthrough of the game I have focused a lot on Wisdom and force powers and such, and amongst the bevy of new things I have discovered by doing this (and just generally paying more attention) I came across a video of Kreia explaining her past... or at least a small part of it anyway.

I got to it by having 20+ Wisdom and asking her the "are you a jedi or a sith" question on the ebon hawk, and after her reply I had a new [Wisdom] option which eventually led to the cutscene, where it shows Kreia with Nihilus and Sion on what I think is Malachor V. During the scene Nihilus just stands there, but Sion proceeds to beat the crap out of Kreia and in the process you see her funky hairdoo and a set of what appears to be functional eyes...

Like I said, I know a lot of people may already know this, but I thought I would make mention of it for the benefit of those who don't, because i know there has been some discussion on what movies are viewable and I have also seen topics on people saying they had caught glimpses of Kreia's eyes in intro videos and such :lol:

So far I am doing it a lot easier in my 2nd playthrough as well :( Now that I know what buttons to push (so to speak) I am cruising... I have only done Telos, Nar Shaddaa and Dantooine and I have arleady trained up Mira, Bao-Dur, Atton and the Handmaiden... although that prude wont tell me her freakin name, so I'm gonna point the exiles lovin' to Visas purely as a matter of principle :-

- Dan

-_- *must not bash, must not bash, must not bash* :blink:

That's one of the most unhidden hidden videos in the game. And you can get it by influencing Kreia one, single step. I always watch it while on Telos. There is no wisdom requirement or anything else.

Fair enough then

I appreciate all who have suppressed their gaming superiority complex :blink:

Only reason I posted really was because not too long ago I remember a topic where someone was raving about how they saw Kreia's eyes or something...

I am ever so sorry for all the inconvience and horror I have brough on you all, please dont spank me :blink:-_-

- Dan

she looks like she does when you encounter her at the end or on the load screen when she is revealed to be the baddie, so i dont know what the fuss is.

I wouldnt call her eyes functional looking, they are just black

As for this thread pointing something useless out? well be glad its not as bad as this.

Too right its not as bad as that. The only reason this thread is "bad" is because there are people out there who have a superiority complex and deal with threads by people who haven't played the game as much as them the wrong way. I had completely legitimate intentions, I just had no way of knowing it was an overdone topic.

I've only seen the video once, but from what I could see she was hood-less and here eyes looked normal and blinking ect... Now that you mention it Darth Flatus, perhaps that is just what she looks like at the end, but for the life of me I can't remember specifics like that from the end now.

If I was wrong, then yeah, its a pretty pointless topic unless there is someone out there who had no idea this video existed. So I guess if your not one of those people or you dont have anything worthwhile to add, then keep your pie hole shut and just let the thread die.

- Dan

I'm so glad I didn't have 14 Intelligence the first time I played through the game. Seeing this video early on would have spoiled the story quite a bit. I get the feeling that it was somehow involved in the cut ending, and then just stuck in somewhere else because they didn't want to waste it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm so glad I didn't have 14 Intelligence the first time I played through the game.  Seeing this video early on would have spoiled the story quite a bit.  I get the feeling that it was somehow involved in the cut ending, and then just stuck in somewhere else because they didn't want to waste it.

Not really. That movie sequence was quite obviously a flashback, showing the player how Darth Traya was betrayed and exiled by Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus back when she was actually a Sith Lord. Kreia's narration, as well as the dialogue that occured before and after the actual movie sequence, should've already made that clear.

Not really. That movie sequence was quite obviously a flashback, showing the player how Darth Traya was betrayed and exiled by Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus back when she was actually a Sith Lord. Kreia's narration, as well as the dialogue that occured before and after the actual movie sequence, should've already made that clear.

I agree that it was a flashback, and the events depicted were not intended to occur when the Exile arrived on Malachor V. But I think the flashback may have been intended to be shown during the ending. It reveals the fact that Kreia was a Sith Lord. Now, you may say that was obvious from the start, but I don't think it really was. We always knew there was something suspicious about her, but it's only through playing the game and hearing how she advises you and responds to your actions that you become confident that she's evil. Before that, it was a suspicion, without evidence. Otherwise, why would a LS Exile keep her on board after learning she was Darth Traya?

Okay, guys, a question.

The fact that Kreia was a Sith Lord is a given. But the operative word is 'was'. She wasn't just exiled and cast out, she changed her beliefs. Throughout the game, her alignment is neutral, and this is what she teaches, right?

I was just wondering what might have happened that changed a bitter Sith Lord so much? It seems logical that her experiences with Sion and Nihilus might just send her further down the dark path, if that was possible. Was it a personal revelation? Or was there some outside intervention--maybe even Revan?

Just curious what ppl think.

I agree that it was a flashback, and the events depicted were not intended to occur when the Exile arrived on Malachor V.  But I think the flashback may have been intended to be shown during the ending.  It reveals the fact that Kreia was a Sith Lord.  Now, you may say that was obvious from the start, but I don't think it really was.  We always knew there was something suspicious about her, but it's only through playing the game and hearing how she advises you and responds to your actions that you become confident that she's evil.  Before that, it was a suspicion, without evidence.  Otherwise, why would a LS Exile keep her on board after learning she was Darth Traya?

Well, really, the game didn't seem to truly put forth a great deal of effort to keep the fact that Kreia was manipulating the Exile and his companions a secret, what with her reviving Hanharr and Colonel Tobin, literally blackmailing Atton, and tormenting Disciple and Bao-Dur. I don't really feel as though it was even supposed to be that big a surprise for the player, actually. I don't even see it as a "flaw" in the storyline; I see it as just an aspect of the storytelling.

Anyway, even then, that flashback sequence revealed little about Kreia actually being a Sith Lord. All it revealed was that she was formerly a Sith Lord, which was a fairly important fact for the player to know either way, considering a lot of Kreia's other dialogue, such as her indepth explanations as to the nature of the threat posed by Darth Nihilus and her interaction with Darth Sion. Moving that flashback sequence back toward the ending wouldn't've made much sense, and it would've just made Kreia's dialogue throughout the game unnecessarily confusing.

Well, maybe I'm just too credulous. Through my first game, I wanted to believe she wasn't evil, that she was a Jolee Bindo-type character, a former Jedi exiled from the order because her teachings were too individualistic, not evil, just encouraging her students to ask critical questions of accepted Jedi wisdom. As I played, I gradually had to abandon that position, but that was a strength of the story. Her revival of Tobin and Hanharr came in the second half of the game, just because of the order in which I did the planets, but it fitted in well there. If you have 14 intelligence though, you'll get this movie just after leaving Peragus. Too much concrete information too early - I'd rather keep the mystery for a while longer.

Uh,  :devil:  please play nice ppl.  :- (Flatus & Jivin)

I meant no offense in my posts... although in retrospect I can see how it would have looked like I was having a go. I always play nice :D

Ah peace, feel echoes and currents, yadda yadda, the smalles gesture resounds throughout the Force....

Yeah, the nice playing and such, thought I'd stay in the general Kreia atmosphere, you know, staying on topic and such.

Greetings,

Saraya

Well, maybe I'm just too credulous.  Through my first game, I wanted  to believe she wasn't evil, that she was a Jolee Bindo-type character, a former Jedi exiled from the order because her teachings were too individualistic, not evil, just encouraging her students to ask critical questions of accepted Jedi wisdom.  As I played, I gradually had to abandon that position, but that was a strength of the story.  Her revival of Tobin and Hanharr came in the second half of the game, just because of the order in which I did the planets, but it fitted in well there.  If you have 14 intelligence though, you'll get this movie just after leaving Peragus.  Too much concrete information too early - I'd rather keep the mystery for a while longer.

Well, as I (and many others) would argue, it wasn't entirely true that Kreia was "evil". She truly did abandon her identity as a Sith Lord ("Darth Traya") after she was betrayed and exiled by Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus. She found a new identity for herself and with that new identity came new philosophies and ideals, born from her experiences with and thoughts about both "sides" of the Force and the Force itself as a whole. She realigned herself with her former "Sith" identity as the game's climax rolled around (around the time of the final confrontation with Atris), but it wasn't necessarily as though she had truly been a Sith Lord in secret the entire time. As a matter of fact, I'm sure many (heck, including me) would argue that Kreia realigned herself with that identity and reforged her flimsy "alliance" with Darth Sion only for the sake of completing the Exile's training (to "teach" him about betrayal, to guide him directly into the final confrontation with Atris, and to force him to have to kill her at the Trayus Core on Malachor V). Very few of her beliefs and ideals seem to fit in accordance with any teachings or philosophies of the Sith Order, so it would be difficult to consider her a Sith Lord. She seemed to be a Sith Lord in name only.

Fair enough then

I appreciate all who have suppressed their gaming superiority complex :p

Only reason I posted really was because not too long ago I remember a topic where someone was raving about how they saw Kreia's eyes or something...

I am ever so sorry for all the inconvience and horror I have brough on you all, please dont spank me :p:blink:

- Dan

I wasn't raving,I was just pointing out something I didn't notice before. :p

Haha, yeah don't worry, I wasn't having a go at you... I didn't mean raving literally :)

I was only meaning I remembered someone (which seems to have been you) mentioning it, so I assumed it was a topic that the community thought was pretty cool... but I was wrong, and the video was nothing new anyway :) We probably had similar intentions :blink:

- Dan

I only discovered this video on my second play through. As a DS male, it was much easier to gain enough influence with Kreia to get her to reveal her past. When I played as a LS female, I was too flip-floppy with my influence with Kreia--at times disagreeing with her (to gain LS points) and others to defend her (again, to gain LS points) which probably evened out the influence to a point where I had no leeway to ask such questions. Needless to say, I didn't have either the intelligence or the wisdom to achieve the same results.