• Trekkers
    • Star Wars nerds
    • D&D bums
    • LoTR toadies
    • Harry Potter worshippers
    • Splatterfilm fanatics
    • Anime & Manga freaks

stories? there is no story!

Interesting to see trekkies have caught up with the harry potter fans. I guess it makes sense - they have been around longer and are a more well established bunch of nerds.

The harry potter thing will pass into shadow. I'd like to see more "His Dark Materials" fanatics :D i wonder how that would go down in teh US bible belt.

evidently you are the connoisseur of such games, i respectfully defer to your superior knowledge on such matters.

EDIT: The last episode of enterprise is airing tonight. Is that it for star trek? if do it died quietly >_<

Are there to be no more films or series? My perfunctory google search revealed nothing.

I have a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone translated into Attic Greek. Does that count as a scarey nerd?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I have a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone translated into Attic Greek.  Does that count as a scarey nerd?

Ah, yes. You cannot truly appreciate it until you have read it in the original ancient Greek.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I have a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone translated into Attic Greek.  Does that count as a scarey nerd?

Ah, yes. You cannot truly appreciate it until you have read it in the original ancient Greek.

So, my wife gets mad because I'm over here laughing so loudly. Then she comes over to see why and gets mad at me for wasting time laughing at a message board. I think most frightening crowd are the message boardies.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ladies & gentlemen!

Welcome to May's round of "kicking downwards" humor which is a smashing multiple-class nerd tournament directly following the widely popular "Are you a tragic Star Wars nerd?"

My personal preference of loathing is those weenie Harry Potter nerds, not only are they obsessing about a product specificly aimed at children of ages 13 and downwards, but they come from the most diverse and unsound backgrounds of any nerdcult in that they attract socially challenged people from all ages. And very few of them can excuse their high age with "I was there from the start".

Trekkers or D&D worshippers (not fans) but i votes for the Trekkers.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

... The last episode of enterprise is airing tonight. Is that it for star trek? if do it died quietly :(

Are there to be no more films or series? My perfunctory google search revealed nothing.

Apprarently Paramount are "resting the series" for three years, and will make a decision then. Some fans have started a "Save Star Trek" movement and fund; aiming to raise the $30million estimated for a new series (see, there is an advantage to making Dr Who, you can produce a series for

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What's sad is, if I could take High Elvish, I would. I believe Low Elvish is Sindarin and High Elvish is Quenya. At one point I knew, but there's not way for me to take Tolkien's languages.

Obsidian Plays

Well let's see:

I like some Star Trek shows, Picard>Kirk :p

I have mixed feelings twords SW

I love the AD&D rules and PS:T,BG and the rest :p

I liked the LotR books...the first movie too..the others not so much ;)

Harry Potter..well let me say I didn't like the part I read...the movies were decent ,tho :)

Splatterfilm sI find not so appealing .

And I loved some Animes ...Slayers :shifty:

That's all...Potters got my vote ;)

What's sad is, if I could take High Elvish, I would.  I believe Low Elvish is Sindarin and High Elvish is Quenya.  At one point I knew, but there's not way for me to take Tolkien's languages.

I think Tolkein was creating a story to implement the old Anglo Saxon language.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

• 4 years later...

Harry Potter fans aren't nerds. Everyone likes Harry Potter. FAIL!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Harry Potter is mostly bad.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Harry Potter is mostly bad.

Don't oppress my people, man. Potter is terrible, but that doesn't mean nerd. Nerd to me means knowing what is good and what is bad, or at least havings ome sort of taste, rather than slavishly following trends.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.