• Trekkers
    • Star Wars nerds
    • D&D bums
    • LoTR toadies
    • Harry Potter worshippers
    • Splatterfilm fanatics
    • Anime & Manga freaks

throughout most of the book i felt he neeed a good beating

Who did? Harry? Yeah, I sometimes thought that as well... but then I remembered the fact that he's 15, which might explain the moodiness.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Im going to write a successful childrens novel thats gonna be about this really annoying whiny kid who meets this special giant robot friend from outer space. Then on page 2 the robot gets tired of the kid and squishes him. The other 150 pages could just be filled with haiku poems about cheese.

sensmorale: dont be annoying.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

:thumbsup:

@metadigital: You didn't like TNG, DS9, or the 1st season of Voyager. That (and a few films) was the part I did like.

Yeah, DS9 was too "social worker" for me; more like Andromeda (or Days of Our Lives) where everything seems happen in glacial timeframes. I did like the shapeshifter guy (Clayton? from Benson -- "Now I have humility, I have everything.")

I did like Voyager, but not until Seven-of-Nine showed up. (Have to have a Data-or-Spock-alike in the crew). I especially didn't like that little blonde imbecile that was the love interest of (Pete from Benson) the galley cook character. I especially liked the homage to Dr Who: i.e. the holographic Doctor! (Played by the guy from LA Law, I think it was.)

(I am a bigger Dr Who fan than anything else; though I still don't qualify as a fanboy. I did win a competition, though I was only 14 at the time.)

The first couple of years of Next Gen were just not good writing. Oncew the characters had settled down the writing could use them in the stories better: I still think the end of Season 3/Start of Season 4, I think it wsa (the one with the Borg, but more specifically the two stories either side) were among the best tv science fiction I have seen.

So, you porbably liked Andromeda, then? Or Farscape?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So, you porbably liked Andromeda, then? Or Farscape?

Never!

I liked DS9 because of the soap and because it was the only Trek where a bad regular became good in the end.

Voyager fell flat on its face when Moore left the writing staff. The Borg became the regular saturday-morning-cartoon style heavies.

TNG was probably the best of them all.

the star treks were all aimless and crap until they got their own baddies.

TNG got the Borg, Ds9 got the Dominion and Voyager got the erm Borg.

Seven was a a welcome addtition as were the suits she wore.

Voyager had a lot of cool baddies -- and I didn't see the last two or three seasons. There was that perfect-genetic-sequence creature race from another dimension that the Borg were fighting, for one.

I didn't mind the Dominion until the end, when they were defeated by an act of God. :thumbsup: I did like the tailor dude. I didn't like the whiney girl with the crinkly nose. The captain was a dude, too. But the stories were just loooooooooong and boooooooooring. TNG had Q, too.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

the dominion were defeated by the flu were they not?

i liked ds9 because for a time the klingons became the enemy again.

Not that I watched regularly -- hang on, I meant the snake guys, not the shapeshifters. :">

The snake guys had their entire galactic quandrant invasion force "disappeared" by the gods of those crinkly nosed Bajorans. Nice nod to the Bible for the captain to be Moses of the Bajorans (lead them to the promised land but not permitted to enter it personally).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I loved The Best of Both Worlds episodes in TNG.

Also, Farscape was a damn good show. I just love how characters (Scorpius and that 2nd in command guy) that were supposed to be in two or three episodes end up being with the show until the very end.

Strangest thing, but not until now do I realize that Data is TNG's Spock o_o

Perhaps he's so much of his own character (while still being logical like Spock) that I haven't really cared to make the connection until it was mentioned here. Or perhaps it's just that there's only one Leonard Nimoy out there... singing about Bilbo... stuff like that... dude.

That's deep, man.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I loved The Best of Both Worlds episodes in TNG.

Also, Farscape was a damn good show. I just love how characters (Scorpius and that 2nd in command guy) that were supposed to be in two or three episodes end up being with the show until the very end.

Strangest thing, but not until now do I realize that Data is TNG's Spock o_o

Perhaps he's so much of his own character (while still being logical like Spock) that I haven't really cared to make the connection until it was mentioned here. Or perhaps it's just that there's only one Leonard Nimoy out there... singing about Bilbo... stuff like that... dude.

*** Warning, Danger Will Robinson, Fanboy moment approaching ***

There is a scene where Data and Spock (as the Ambassador to the Romulan Empire) are talking and Data confronts Spock about how, all his Vulcan life, he was trying to be less human whilst Data was trying to be more human.

* Normal service resumes *

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The snake guys had their entire galactic quandrant invasion force "disappeared" by the gods of those crinkly nosed Bajorans. Nice nod to the Bible for the captain to be Moses of the Bajorans (lead them to the promised land but not permitted to enter it personally).

Well, it was their wormhole after all. It's not so inconceivable that they could do that sort of things. And about Sisko being Moses, I don't know if you have watched the show finale, but

he actually ends up staying with the "prophets"

But if what you are saying is that the show had too much religious mumbojumbo, then I agree. That stuff made some episodes completely unbearable.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, it was their wormhole after all. It's not so inconceivable that they could do that sort of things. And about Sisko being Moses, I don't know if you have watched the show finale, but

he actually ends up staying with the "prophets"

It was just too deus ex machina, even for Star Trek. It would have been better to let 'em win and enslave the boring federation. That would have made for a much better new series.

But if what you are saying is that the show had too much religious mumbojumbo, then I agree. That stuff made some episodes completely unbearable.

:rolleyes:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My approach is to make nerds out of beautiful girls .. like playing D&D with 'em and letting them play The Sims .. in a matter of days you will have a dedicated slave at hand thirsty for more .. and you control the one way for her to quench her nerdy thirst! muhahahaha

I don't think I could do that with any of the chicks I would want to score with. I mean, stay home playing D&D instead of going out for some drinks and slutty-dancing? Yeah right!

Not that I don't like staying home for a RP'ing night, mind you...

You could do some sort of erotic roleplaying. Cybersex is basically online erotic roleplaying.

There is a scene where Data and Spock (as the Ambassador to the Romulan Empire) are talking and Data confronts Spock about how, all his Vulcan life,  he was trying to be less human whilst Data was trying to be more human.

Man, I wish I had seen that episode. That's what I hate most about following a show on TV, I always end up missing a heckload of episodes.

There is a scene where Data and Spock (as the Ambassador to the Romulan Empire) are talking and Data confronts Spock about how, all his Vulcan life,  he was trying to be less human whilst Data was trying to be more human.

Man, I wish I had seen that episode. That's what I hate most about following a show on TV, I always end up missing a heckload of episodes.

Blink and you miss it: it was about 30 seconds long.

Naturally all the episode are for sale for about a thousand dollars per season, special gift box director's toothbrush edition, so you can always buy it and watch it that way. Or wait for it on cable (I think Sky is doing all the ST series concurrently, now.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My favorite episode is in TOS where they land on the planet full of nazis.

spock%20as%20nazi.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My favorite episode is in TOS where they land on the planet full of nazis.

[snip: http://www.jrbooksonline.com/images/spock%20as%20nazi.jpg ]

I liked the 20th Century Roman Empire. But by the second half of the second series they really had crap scripts. Spock mind-melding with a rock; Spock helping Dr McCoy put Spock's stolen brain back in his head.( :rolleyes: )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Was that the extremely dangerous silicone-based-lifeform rock? The one that slowly crept forward but managed by some mysterious way to nab a few redsweaters.

Was that the extremely dangerous silicone-based-lifeform rock? The one that slowly crept forward but managed by some mysterious way to nab a few redsweaters.

That sounds like the one, yep. It looked suspiciously like a person crawling on all fours with a loud, oversized angora sweater flung over their back.

Naturally it just wanted to be left in peace. (... Shoot to kill! Shoot to kill!)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT