Every 1 a Jedi?

Why in both games does there have to be the majoritie in your party a jedi. I mean in the first on there's like 4 or 5 and in the second one all but the 3 droids and the wookie aren't jedi. and why cant the wookie be a jedi?

Wookies just aren't force sensitive :wub:

There's only 3 jedi in your party in K1. OK -> 4 if you count yourself aswell.

In the second Kotor you don't have to train anyone to become a Jedi. If you think there's too many jedi then leave only Visas and Kreia (the ones who start as Jedi).

So you got 2 plus yourself only as Jedi and the rest as warriors/mechanics :)

Wookies just aren't force sensitive :wub:

In the second Kotor you don't have to train anyone to become a Jedi. If you think there's too many jedi then leave only Visas and Kreia (the ones who start as Jedi).

So you got 2 plus yourself only as Jedi and the rest as warriors/mechanics :)

I still think that wookies could be jedi.

Both games excluding you.

KOTOR 1:

JEDI:

Bastila

Juhani

Jolee

NOT JEDI:

Zalbaar

Mission

Carth

T3

HK-47

Canderous

KOTOR 2:

JEDI:

Kreia

Handmaiden/Disciple

Atton

Mira

Visas

Bao-dur

NOT JEDI:

Hanharr

T3

G0-T0

HK-47

Mandalore

Am I missing anyone? My memory can be spotty at times. In KOTOR 1, you had a total of three jedi out of your nine companions. In KOTOR 2, the number has jumped to five-and-a-half out of ten. A jump from 1/3 to more than a half. Bah! BAH I SAY! Of course, you're not forced to have any jedi other than Kreia; all the others can be left un-jedified.

HK-47 and Canderous both own though, in both games (especially in KOTOR 2 with the upgradable blaster rifles). Who would need more than them?

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Why in both games does there have to be the majoritie in your party a jedi. I mean in the first on there's like 4 or 5 and in the second one all but the 3 droids and the wookie aren't jedi. and why cant the wookie be a jedi?

Because SW is about Jedi. Else, it's be just some futiristic, sci-fi western. :)

In the Star Wars universe, Jedi are much more powerful than ordinary people, so much so that combat between a Jedi and non-Jedi is short.

In a game, that's boring because you want to be able to roleplay and experience lots of different kinds of characters, and they need to be balanced in order to make that fun.

So there's an inherent tension there. Bioware ignored it, which is why so many people play Kotor 1 with Jedi only. Obsidian did rather better, but it remains to be seen whether this tension can ever be fully resolved in an RPG.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

In the Star Wars universe, Jedi are much more powerful than ordinary people, so much so that combat between a Jedi and non-Jedi is short.

In a game, that's boring because you want to be able to roleplay and experience lots of different kinds of characters, and they need to be balanced in order to make that fun.

So there's an inherent tension there.  Bioware ignored it, which is why so many people play Kotor 1 with Jedi only.  Obsidian did rather better, but it remains to be seen whether this tension can ever be fully resolved in an RPG.

Which is why I'm hoping Lucasarts has the balls to pitch a Star Wars game that Jedi/Force sensitives don't play a major role.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But thats just it jedi are the centre of the SW universe around which everything else revolves. If it has the Star Wars brand then jedi must be included.

If you want to play as a bounty hunter or whatever request something like:

Space Pirates: The hunt for the lost power converter

There is? :p News too me :wub:

Honestly I think it might be kinda interesting as long as its nothing like SW: Republic commando, but hey thats just me.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

But thats just it jedi are the centre of the SW universe around which everything else revolves. If it has the Star Wars brand then jedi must be included.

Um? Then what would you call Republic Commando? Or Battlefront? Or Shadows of the Empire?

Games can be made in the Star Wars setting without the need for Jedi. I didn't say to ignore Jedi or the Force altogether, just not have the game revolve around it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I really enjoyed Dark Forces, before Kyle Katarn suddenly, for no reason at all, became a Jedi. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Jedi Knight games, but didn't anyone else find it strange how Kyle just suddenly became a Force User when he found a lightsaber? :p

I really enjoyed Dark Forces, before Kyle Katarn suddenly, for no reason at all, became a Jedi.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the Jedi Knight games, but didn't anyone else find it strange how Kyle just suddenly became a Force User when he found a lightsaber?  :-

I have to admit that you have to save your companion level's to make them a decent jedi (reminds me of Kotor 1 with your main)

But in all of my games Handmaiden, Visas, Atton were horribly designed characters.. expessically Visas. She is personally the worse jedi cause of her stats.

Built like a Counsuler but is a senital

Wookies just aren't force sensitive :-

So you got 2 plus yourself only as Jedi and the rest as warriors/mechanics :lol:

There have indeed been wookie jedi,there was actually one on the jedi council pre-exar kun wars(bindo's lookin pretty young now,huh?)

Battle Front

Republic Commando

Bounty Hunter

Dark Forces(ok,so there are some jedi but you use blasters,so nyah nyah.)

Well, i would like a proper space based RPG in the Starwars Universe, something like SWG, but only Single Player or LAN.

Because even before the SWG's Combat Upgrade, it was no where near worth paying to play that hunk of junk, anyway, a space based RPG, like Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos, but it is in a 3rd person view and you can do pretty much what you want, join the Rebellion, the Empire, be a pirate, stuff like that with random quests as well as the main quests which are not required to do right away.

But hey, it ain't gonna be done.

Visas was great compared to Bastilla, she was by far the worst jedi of the lot, a poor lightsaber user and not much of a force user at that, except for battle meditation, but you never got to use that in the game.

You say Visas was a sentinel built like a consular ? Bastilla was that, but even less effective, she was good at throwing her lightsaber but not much else.

As a matter of fact, in Kotor1, your jedi acolytes weren't that great, that lent the other characters with guns and vibroblades make their mark, Canderous for example, fully decked in an exoskeleton with a fully upgraded baragwing heavy blaster was worth a whole starforge worth of dark jedi.

In Kotor2, they all get good, especially the handmaiden, just don't level her at all until she agrees to become a jedi.

Wookies just aren't force sensitive ;)

So you got 2 plus yourself only as Jedi and the rest as warriors/mechanics :shifty:

i can't really fathom wookies having the intelligence and inner calmness needed to use the force