Dantoine Crash #2

AS soon as I get of the Ebon Hawk, and I begin to walk to the "offices" the screen seems to freeze. Then next thing you know I am on the other side of the map! It only happens in the landing pad screen and right after I get out of the cave. It's like it skips and lags. I am getting very frustrated with all of the bugs I am finding in this game and it is ruining my perceptions of this game. What happened? KOTOR was so awesome compared to this? HELP!!!! :angry:

AS soon as I get of the Ebon Hawk, and I begin to walk to the "offices" the screen seems to freeze.  Then next thing you know I am on the other side of the map!  It only happens in the landing pad screen and right after I get out of the cave.  It's like it skips and lags.  I am getting very frustrated with all of the bugs I am finding in this game and it is ruining my perceptions of this game.  What happened?  KOTOR was so awesome compared to this?  HELP!!!! :angry:

You have an ATI card, don't you? My PC spun in circles, as well as transporting himself.

If you do (or have an onboard ATI chip) find the thread in this forum that specifically tells you about a line to put into Kotor2.ini. It will make you much happier. >_<:blink:

BTW, strange things happened on Dantooine in Kotor 1 too.

AS soon as I get of the Ebon Hawk, and I begin to walk to the "offices" the screen seems to freeze.  Then next thing you know I am on the other side of the map!  It only happens in the landing pad screen and right after I get out of the cave.  It's like it skips and lags.  I am getting very frustrated with all of the bugs I am finding in this game and it is ruining my perceptions of this game.  What happened?  KOTOR was so awesome compared to this?  HELP!!!! :angry:

You have an ATI card, don't you? My PC spun in circles, as well as transporting himself.

If you do (or have an onboard ATI chip) find the thread in this forum that specifically tells you about a line to put into Kotor2.ini. It will make you much happier. :-:lol:

BTW, strange things happened on Dantooine in Kotor 1 too.

Thanks for the help! It works much better now.

The ATI card isn't the only one that has this problem. My nVidia card does the same thing. I'm running on the lowest settings that I can right now.

I also notice that it only lags like this when the PC is the lead character. When you use an NPC in the lead, the lag is not there.

If you continue having problems try having one of the other characters in your party take the lead for a while and see if that clears it up.

The ATI card isn't the only one that has this problem.  My nVidia card does the same thing.  I'm running on the lowest settings that I can right now. 

I also notice that it only lags like this when the PC is the lead character.  When you use an NPC in the lead, the lag is not there.

If you continue having problems try having one of the other characters in your party take the lead for a while and see if that clears it up.

My daughter has nVidia and does report lag problems with foggy/steamy areas like Malachor and around the main building in Dantooine. I haven't really seen what her machine was doing, but when she looked at what my poor Radeon was going through, even she as a GeForce owner felt compassion. I tried everything else--switching characters and inching the party along, changing graphics settings (it didn't matter which one, it only helped flush the problem out for a few minutes), reverting to other driver sets... This was my last resort, and the only thing that worked.