Can one play without killing, using Stealth?

Is stealth mode pretty much useless? Or would it be possible to actually play much of the game without fighting anything, using stealth to sneak on past everyone?

I wonder what percentage of the fights you would still be forced to do, or whether this could even be done at all. If you weren't fighting anyone, you would gain very few levels, gaining only the experience you get from completing quests and opening locked doors using security skill and such. I wonder what would happen as you neared the end of the game and were very low level, could you even complete the game?

I'm pretty sure you get a stealth field generator at the very beginning of the game, I wonder if you could stealth your way right on through peragus and barely fight anything...

You cannot go through the game without killing anyone, but you can run around stealthed and avoid most fights. For example on Peragus, you only have to kill the HK-50 and the siths you kill with the laser turret. On Telos Citadel station, I remember you only have to kill the false batu, the guys who drop in then you get the new droid, and some exchange thugs. On Korriban, you only have to kill a few beasts.

What sucks is that the game takes you out of stealth whenever there is a cutscene (e.g. Kreia talks in your head) and that happens quite often when you are surrounded but enemies who where unaware of you..

I tried to run through the whole game as fast as possible, mostly stealthed, doing as few fights and sidequests as possible. I completed the game in 9 h 42' and I was level 17 at the end. On Malachor, I only had to fight the big creature, Darth Sion and Darth Treia (I run stealthed past the other sith). It was not a problem, because the game scales the difficulty of your enemies based on your level.

You cannot go through the game without killing anyone, but you can run around stealthed and avoid most fights. For example on Peragus, you only have to kill the HK-50 and the siths you kill with the laser turret. On Telos Citadel station, I remember you only have to kill the false batu, the guys who drop in then you get the new droid, and some exchange thugs. On Korriban, you only have to kill a few beasts.

What sucks is that the game takes you out of stealth whenever there is a cutscene (e.g. Kreia talks in your head)  and that happens quite often when you are surrounded but enemies who where unaware of you..

I tried to run through the whole game as fast as possible, mostly stealthed, doing as few fights and sidequests as possible. I completed the game in 9 h 42' and I was level 17 at the end. On Malachor, I only had to fight the big creature, Darth Sion and Darth Treia (I run stealthed past the other sith). It was not a problem, because the game scales the difficulty of your enemies based on your level.

I was going to say the game scales the difficulty based on your level but you beated me to it.

It's quiet all right to try this. Maybe I'll do this some day.

Starting class: Jedi Sentinel

Prestige class: Jedi Watchman

Still, there are quiet a few enemies you have to kill.

Peragus: HK-50, Sith soldiers

Telos: Assasin Batu Rem, Czerka Thugs, Exchange thugs, Mercenaries etc.

Nar Shaddaa: I guess here is a good opportunity to not kill many.

Dantooine: Azkul and probably some Kinrath.

For Xp: why don't we try the mining trick.

Master Vandar lives!

Well on Nar Shaddaa you don't have to kill almost anyone until you meet the Red Eclipse. In the refugee camp you only have to kill 2 of the guards at the door if you want to complete the Lootra quest on LS.

Yeah in Dantooine it's all Laigreks and Kinrath but I think Azkul and Gerevick must die no matter what plus the Mercenaries guarding Vrook (ok not if you ship him to Nar Shaddaa :wub: ).

It's quiet all right to try this. Maybe I'll do this some day.

Starting class: Jedi Sentinel

Prestige class: Jedi Watchman

Still, there are quiet a few enemies you have to kill.

Peragus: HK-50, Sith soldiers

Telos: Assasin Batu Rem, Czerka Thugs, Exchange thugs, Mercenaries etc.

Nar Shaddaa: I guess here is a good opportunity to not kill many.

Dantooine: Azkul and probably some Kinrath.

For Xp: why don't we try the mining trick.

Peragus: HK-50, only the sith soldiers at the very and with the laser cannon

Telos citadel station: you do not have to kill the mercenarise, just leave the Ithorians to sort them out themselves.

Telos planetside: some mercenaries in front of the old military base (not a must, but the cutscene uncloacks you), a lot of droids in the base, and the 3 HK-50 on top of the secret academy.

Nar Shaddaa: You have to kill the twin suns (in the cantina), Hanharr or Mira, and more or less every droid on goto's yacht. You also need to kill some of the thugs to get the exchange angry at you.

Dantooine: you don't have to kill azkul, you can take his money. You don't have to kill any kinraths, but if you sneak into the crystal cave, Kreia will take into your head, thus unclocking you in the middle of the kinraths...

Korriban: the beasts at the entrance of the academy are in you way, and you will want to leave your party there, so kill them

Dxun: depends on the quests you make to impress mandalore, but you will have to kill some beasts. Also, it does not help that while you run stealthed in the jungle Atton will radio in reports, thus uncloacking you.

Onderon: the headhunters who attack you, + the one in the cantina you need the holocrons from.

Dxun bis: the 3 sith lords in the tomb

Onderon bis: the beast breaking down the shield of the throne room, + a lot more soldiers which are just hard to avoid.

Malachor V: the big beast, Darth Sion, Darth Treya, and if you take the wrong side into the training grounds, a few siths who block a door.

I probably forgot a few.

And you definitely should start as a Jedi Sentinel, else you won't have enough skill pints. And take the "run while stealth" feat! You need to give another NPC *cough" Visas *cough* stealth skills to lead the party raiding Nadon Freeds' (sp?) tomb on Dxun.

To sum it up, you cannot keep your hands clean of blood, but you do not have to be a bloodthirsty, shoot first and talk later, "god will sort 'em out" psychopath, though the game wants you to.

I don't think Nihilius would be real content with you just nuking his ass from Telos To Tattooine,he wants a good ol kickin,same with Sion,now with Kreia,this gimped old hag is fighting in the middle of a bottomless pit,one good force wave would do the trick,and if Sion did it to her when she was the big dog of the sith and I just beat Sion,I'd bet you could force wave her off the edge...just like palpsy. :ph34r:

Well on Nar Shaddaa you don't have to kill almost anyone until you meet the Red Eclipse. In the refugee camp you only have to kill 2 of the guards at the door if you want to complete the Lootra quest on LS.

Yeah in Dantooine it's all Laigreks and Kinrath but I think Azkul and Gerevick must die no matter what plus the Mercenaries guarding Vrook (ok not if you ship him to Nar Shaddaa :- ).

You do not have to kill the red eclipse, you can run to their leader and talk him into submission. The guys outside the Ebon Hawk will still fight though.