Knights of the Old Republic 3 (Serious discussion)

I'm sure what it is, is that the game is being slated to be out on XboX2 or XboX360 or whatever you want to call it.

Remember this is a console release first and foremost, and Microsoft pays a pretty good amount of money for the Kotor series to be exclusively theirs. I won't be surprised if Kotor 3 is pictured on back of the new XboX package saying "Coming Soon".

Maybe. But I won't buy an XBox for one game. This is one base that Microsoft doesn't completely own, and never will. I reserve the right to choose, and I'll play games on the platform I like best. Or I won't play them at all.

Well of course you're a pc user..

You don't have a **** clue how many sales XBOX Kotor and KOTOR 2 have over their PC counterparts.

Plus Mircosoft doesn't want dirt poor pc users who pirate their games to be their number one customers.

Well I believe either Obsidian I surpose is making KOTOR III and I believe that KOTOR III is in the works,I my self had heard rumours and other info around the net and stuff.I do hope KOTOR III is about Revan and the exile and about their both crews together it is how KOTOR III is surpose to be.

Now I heard from a web site that they were making KOTOR III but it wasn't going to be a follow off from the other two KOTORs but. I dont really believe that. So hopefully they will anounce KOTOR III soon...

I doubt Bioware is going to make KOTOR3. They've already put the series behind them. They've moved on. Why would they pass KOTOR2 over to Obsidian and then come back for KOTOR3? There's no logic in that at all.

It's either gonna be Obsidian ( the favorite at this time), or another company.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Now I heard from a web site that they were making KOTOR III but it wasn't going to be a follow off from the other two KOTORs but. I dont really believe that. So hopefully they will anounce KOTOR III soon...

If KOTOR III does not wrap up the story arch we are in now, there is going to be alot of people as ANGRY AS HECK!!!

Plus Mircosoft doesn't want dirt poor pc users who pirate their games to be their number one customers.

You know, I was reading that and I wondered "what if the developer is, in fact, Microsoft?". Why not? This is one of the Xbox's most valued titles.

Microsoft most certinally has the money to do so, they own bungie and Halo. Halo 2 last year made nearly 580 million :blink:

Those who have no clue about video game sales, 580 million in sales is rarely accomplished.

Half life (pc) has only manage to sell 1.6 million copies since two months of its release while Halo 2 manage to sell 2.4 million copies on the first day...

The last report of Halo sales was in janurary (that I could find) that was 6.4 million sales.

Imagine if Microsoft was making the Kotor seris, they would turn it into another Halo. Not a fps, in sales term.

If Microsoft had control over the Halo seris, and Kotor Seris they would probably make nearly a billion if both were to be sold in the same year..

Bioware has their JE franchise.

No licencing issues, no head aches from LA, no nothing.

I can guarentee Bioware not doing KotOR3

I hear a lot of companies hate LA intervention.

I also here LA is very strict and their employees are often annoying when it comes to story planning.

Why would they pass KOTOR2 over to Obsidian and then come back for KOTOR3? There's no logic in that at all.

There is also no sense in them giving up the franchise at all. :blink:

Would you sit in a jail cell for your whole life with 500 million, unable to sell it?

That is pretty much what bioware has to go through every time when a publisher like LA publishes their game

If KOTOR III does not wrap up the story arch we are in now, there is going to be alot of people as ANGRY AS HECK!!!

Well alot of people got pretty prissy when Kotor 2 didn't have Revan in it, but looks like most of them got over it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well I believe either Obsidian I surpose is making KOTOR III and I believe that KOTOR III is in the works,

but wouldn't that mean that Obsidian has lied to us? Surely they would not lie.

I don't know

"Would you sit in a jail cell for your whole life with 500 million, unable to sell it?

That is pretty much what bioware has to go through every time when a publisher like LA publishes their game"

That doens't even make sense. BIO was not in jail when working with LA. What DUMB comment.

"There is also no sense in them giving up the franchise at all."

Yes, there was. They had other plans for where they wanted to take their game development. It didn't include KOTOR2. I'm sure BIO will somehow manage to survive without it. Between the monies they made off KOTOR2, the money they saved not having to worry about licensing fees therefore likely making JE cheaper to make in the long run (not counting the huge army they used to make it); JE doens't need to sell as much as KOTOR2 to turn the same amount of profit as KOTOR since they probably got a pretty sweet deal with Microsoft.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

the thing is, if it is a next-gen title (and, obviously, with a next-gen engine)

AND if they are looking to release it sometime within the next 18 months, then it

MUST BE IN DEVELOPMENT right now, or, at the very least, storyline and audio-visual production must be in production right now.

but by whom?  BioWare and Obsidian have pretty much denied being involved.

where are you getting the fact that it will be released in the next 18 months? As far as we know it might not be released for another 3 or 4 years. We all should have learned by now that an 18 month time table just doesn't lend its self to making a Great game (a good game yes, a great game NO!).

Well I believe either Obsidian I surpose is making KOTOR III and I believe that KOTOR III is in the works,I my self had heard rumours and other info around the net and stuff.I do hope KOTOR III is about Revan and the exile and about their both crews together it is how KOTOR III is surpose to be.

more than likely we wont hear anything about K3 until its very close to gold status, and that more than likely won't be for another couple years since they more than likely will be using a new engine for the third installment. It really wouldn't be that big of a deal if they decided to drop the current story line in favour of a new guy, infact it seems quite likely since it would be nearly impossible to work either the Exile's or Revan's level into the starting levels of the new game. More than likely what you will wind up seeing is whoever is developing the game taking and starting from scratch in a different era (this is saying that OE doesn't develope K3) since they would have no clue where OE was intending the story to go.. So in other words if a new developer is chosen to make K3 then more than likely we will be left with the un answered questions from K2.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

where are you getting the fact that it will be released in the next 18 months? As far as we know it might not be released for another 3 or 4 years. We all should have learned by now that an 18 month time table just doesn't lend its self to making a Great game (a good game yes, a great game NO!).

I have no idea. But I think it is safe to say that MS has been involved in any talk of a KOTOR III and that they would probably want it out sooner rather than later. I suspect we will hear something about it at E3.

Hmm...

Bull****.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds