Knights of the Old Republic 3 (Serious discussion)

There was a rumor about Obsidian making KotOR III in the march issue of Gameinformer. But one can render it obselete since Obsidian themselves confirmed that they're NOT working on it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Are you going to believe the company that said that they weren't rushed? And ended cutting up a game that would have been the best game ever if it wasn't for all of its cut data? I trust the magazine more then Obsidian.

I suggest that everyone should have a look at this thread at Bioware.....

*cough* bullsh!t *cough*

Without a link to a reliable source (like LA, OE [or other developer], or even a good mag) the whole thread over there is nothing but a bad rumour, nothing more.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I knew it was crap when someone said that Bastilla is really a spy that is taking orders from Darth Sidious... Palpatine..

Which is really complete garbo as Palpatine isn't 2100 years old.

I knew it was crap when someone said that Bastilla is really a spy that is taking orders from Darth Sidious... Palpatine..

It doesn't say that anywhere.....

It doesn't say that anywhere.....

[KotOR is the best but I want is as a expansion pack. So then you start off as Revan the same look and items you left off with. So you can gain like your level to like lvl 67 and be killing lvl 20s they should make it so you can attack any sivilian and if you dont like being Revan you return to the Light side and can kill all your followers or make a army like the clones. They should make a little twist to it too. Like Bastila is realy a spy and just is following Lord Sidious yes the guy from Episode 3 4 5 and 6 but he died so it must be his great great great great great grandfather. So my point is that you start where you left off.You can change your ways to!They need to make jobs for you like to become a Mandalorian a assasin and make your own group like between the Force like half light and half dark and you combine the Force powers to make you unstopabble. Like Force Choke with Force Throw Light saber. This is a good idea and if BioWare sees this please this would satisfy any of my friends and many others. Oh and you can make the Sith ultimate weapon like Ragnos did like the staff wepon with 3 Rancor horns on it. And it can make new Force powers and you can learn them on a lightsaber and make your own Force group and will destroy the Sith and Jedi and own the galaxy.]

Check page two.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

Are you going to believe the company that said that they weren't rushed? And ended cutting up a game that would have been the best game ever if it wasn't for all of its cut data? I trust the magazine more then Obsidian.

Yes, because magazines are always correct with their info. :thumbsup:

I'd still rather take the word of the company that has actual knowledge of whether or not they're working on something over a magazine who relies on a lot of heresay and rumors.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

we will know all the projects people will be working on after E3.

not really, its likely that whoever is working on K3 (saying anyone is at the moment) would rather keep it a secret, atleast until its almost complete, given the type of response that OE has recived since K2's release.

AscendedPaladin.png

Well, all we know for certain is:

1) OE is almost finished with NWN2.

2) PNJ is NOT KOTOR III.

It could be that LA is doing the story themselves and also doing preproduction, voice acting, etc and that Obsidian will begin coding it after NWN2 is in near-release stage.

Who knows? I just hope we hear *something* official at E3.

I knew it was BS when they mentioned the possible titles.

KOTORIII - Return of Revan

That just sounds stupid.

Besides, I don't think who ever is going to actually make this game would cheat us out of making are own character again.

Um. They aren't even close to finishing NWN2. They're still a year away.

As for KOTOR3, who knows who is/will be making it. It will be interesting to see if the new engine (which I'm sure there will be one) will be able to cpature the KOTOR series atmosphoric flavour...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, all we know for certain is:

1) OE is almost finished with NWN2.

2) PNJ is NOT KOTOR III.

It could be that LA is doing the story themselves and also doing preproduction, voice acting, etc and that Obsidian will begin coding it after NWN2 is in near-release stage.

Who knows?  I just hope we hear *something* official at E3.

I would hope that we don't hear anything about K3 (atleast nothing offical) for atleast another year or two, since most games that are announced at E3 come out with in the next year and thats just too soon for the the next KOTOR game. I hope LA gives whoever is developing K3 roughly 3 years to do it right.

AscendedPaladin.png

They won't.  It will be yet another rush job.  LA don't seem to care too much about making quality games out of their pocket when it comes to hiring new developing companies.

It's not called "rush-job" in the industry. It's a brilliant example "cost-efficient" businessmodelling, favoured by our lovable suits at Lucasarts.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Because of the emphasis on the limitations of the k1/k2 engine, I believe everything will be on hold until Bioware's new stuff is released. Everyone said they wanted an overhaul, and this looks most promising as a game engine. That may be as much as a year away; and perhaps OE will be in a better position to negotiate at that time. Truly, there is no one I'd trust more than OE or Bioware to do this game.

Scripting a life or death fight between Revan and Exile might be a bad move, unless the alignments were different. We were given that choice in K2, and I'd like to see it return in K3.

So for now, peace, people. We have NO information. LA is still basking in the Episode 3 glow. But when that's over, it's over for good. No more SW movies for a while; and they can start thinking about what they've neglected in the meantime.

I'm sure what it is, is that the game is being slated to be out on XboX2 or XboX360 or whatever you want to call it.

Remember this is a console release first and foremost, and Microsoft pays a pretty good amount of money for the Kotor series to be exclusively theirs. I won't be surprised if Kotor 3 is pictured on back of the new XboX package saying "Coming Soon".

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm sure what it is, is that the game is being slated to be out on XboX2 or XboX360 or whatever you want to call it.

Remember this is a console release first and foremost, and Microsoft pays a pretty good amount of money for the Kotor series to be exclusively theirs. I won't be surprised if Kotor 3 is pictured on back of the new XboX package saying "Coming Soon".

Maybe. But I won't buy an XBox for one game. This is one base that Microsoft doesn't completely own, and never will. I reserve the right to choose, and I'll play games on the platform I like best. Or I won't play them at all.

the thing is, if it is a next-gen title (and, obviously, with a next-gen engine)

AND if they are looking to release it sometime within the next 18 months, then it

MUST BE IN DEVELOPMENT right now, or, at the very least, storyline and audio-visual production must be in production right now.

but by whom? BioWare and Obsidian have pretty much denied being involved.

we will know all the projects people will be working on after E3.

not really, its likely that whoever is working on K3 (saying anyone is at the moment) would rather keep it a secret, atleast until its almost complete, given the type of response that OE has recived since K2's release.

I would have to agree.

If Obsidian or whoever is making K3 annouced it, they would be pressured by LA to make a christmas release again.

The only reason why Kotor wasn't rushed as the hypeness for the game happen after the entire game was finished besides for bugs.