Would of have preferred an alter story

At first when concept talks were happening, originally your character was suspose to be a jedi padawan, which would of been cool... But in this game you started as an exile who usualyl didn't get his lightsaber for 14 levels :p

I think the story would of been bitter if the whole force hunger crap was out.

Your master was killed by Nilhious who's feeding off the jedi and your character escapes Nilihous.

Cut out the whole Kreia thing (the whole Kreia story is pointless and dumb).

The game simply should of been that you're one of the few remaining Padawans who has to find other members of the jedi order and rally for an attack against the Sithlords Sion and Nilihous (once again not Kreia as she was a bad story element). Also I think the jedi classes are just garbo. There should just be one class which is *drumroll* jedi or dark jedi

Which then the game ends in a final conflict between the jedi and the dark jedi in the last battle of the jedi civil war for control over the galaxy. Ok sure its hard to have Raven in that kind of story but he sure wasn't really in the story for KOTOR 2. Ok he was in a few converstation lines but other than that he had no real impact on the story other than Kreia.

first of all, its Nihilus, not Nihilous or whatever.

I personally think that the choice of being an Exile was superb. I mean, nothing's better then being this badass Jedi Exile who is the only Jedi that can live without the force. If you were a padawan, it probaby would have been a much worse game. I mean, given the choice, I'd rather be an Exile then some Padawan .On a closing note, I thought the Kreia story was told quite nicely , and well played out.

anywho, thats just my two cents. :D

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

At first when concept talks were happening, originally your character was suspose to be a jedi padawan, which would of been cool... But in this game you started as an exile who usualyl didn't get his lightsaber for 14 levels  :o

Your master was killed by Nilhious who's feeding off the jedi and your character escapes Nilihous.

The game simply should of been that you're one of the few remaining Padawans who has to find other members of the jedi order and rally for an attack against the Sithlords Sion and Nilihous (once again not Kreia as she was a bad story element).  Also I think the jedi classes are just garbo. There should just be one class which is *drumroll* jedi or dark jedi

Which then the game ends in a final conflict between the jedi and the dark jedi in the last battle of the jedi civil war for control over the galaxy. Ok sure its hard to have Raven in that kind of story but he sure wasn't really in the story for KOTOR 2.  Ok he was in a few converstation lines but other than that he had no real impact on the story other than Kreia.

Basically you pretty much say that you don't like kotor II.Your post would be more relevant in the thread "were you satisfied by this game".

At first when concept talks were happening, originally your character was suspose to be a jedi padawan, which would of been cool... But in this game you started as an exile who usualyl didn't get his lightsaber for 14 levels  :o

The game simply should of been that you're one of the few remaining Padawans who has to find other members of the jedi order and rally for an attack against the Sithlords Sion and Nilihous (once again not Kreia as she was a bad story element).  Also I think the jedi classes are just garbo. There should just be one class which is *drumroll* jedi or dark jedi

Which then the game ends in a final conflict between the jedi and the dark jedi in the last battle of the jedi civil war for control over the galaxy. Ok sure its hard to have Raven in that kind of story but he sure wasn't really in the story for KOTOR 2.  Ok he was in a few converstation lines but other than that he had no real impact on the story other than Kreia.

I agree with everything you have said above... except for staying one class through the entire game, I liked the various classes that we were given the choices of in both K1 and K2. I also think we should be given the choice to start the game as either a jedi padawan or a sith padawan and learn from either perspective master, and of course be given the chance to change between jedi and sith during the course of the game depending on how you are playing.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Okay, your bad spelling ruined your argument.

You said the game would be bitter without the hunger force feeding used by the exile and Nihilus. Funny that.

Also, what you are asking for would be basically another Jedi Knight game. This is Knight of the Old Republic, a role playing game with story, and choice. KotOR was made popular because it was open ended in your choice of light or dark but still came with a story.

Kreia, though talkative, was very interesting and well played out (except for the end on malachor)

If the battle was between Jedi and Dark Jedi for control then this would be the worst game to call *The Sith Lords*

The Exile was interesting, most padawans, are not. That gives you things to know and find out, why were you exiled, who exiled you, can you get revenge, what effects did you exile have on you.

If you were a padawan then what's to know except for, I'm a padawan, I have one class, I want to find more members of the order, I want to fight sith lords, I want to fight dark jedi.....wow.....I'm going to buy that game, play it a couple of times, then sell it on Ebay. With this game, there is much to find out and learn, you can experiment with classes to see what more you could know.

You my friend, need to go and play Jedi Academy.

This is Knight of the Old Republic,

Nope it's not! it's Knights Of The Old Republic.

OK we don't know what the game would be like to have a padawan as the PC, mainly because we haven't had a RPG where one was the PC (as far as I know anyway). I think it would be interesting to still have the "uber" powerful jedi by the end of the game but I would like for once to start with just a plain jane jedi for once (and before someone says it in KOTOR you weren't a normal jedi, even if you didn't know that you were revan at the time). I don't know, it could be the most boring game ever made but you have to admit that starting with a speacial jedi in every game is getting kinda redundent and boring to a certain point.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

OK we don't know what the game would be like to have a padawan as the PC, mainly because we haven't had a RPG where one was the PC (as far as I know anyway). I think it would be interesting to still have the "uber" powerful jedi by the end of the game but I would like for once to start with just a plain jane jedi for once (and before someone says it in KOTOR you weren't a normal jedi, even if you didn't know that you were revan at the time). I don't know, it could be the most boring game ever made but you have to admit that starting with a speacial jedi in every game is getting kinda redundent and boring to a certain point.

I understand where you're coming from. That will not come from the next game, trust me. They need to finish this current trilogy and then, once done, you can make more games with the younger jedi. In those games, if they make them, they can focus mostly on insane, fast paced, and epic lightsaber duels, that and the struggle between light and dark.

I would never want to start out as a Padawan. And though in Kotor 1 you weren't technically one, you played half the game as if you were. Having people refer to me as "Padawan" grated on my nerves and became a bit insulting after awhile. I loved how in Kotor 2 you were already a Jedi (though exiled) and people referred to you as such. Just hearing people refer to you as this Jedi who should be assisted or feared was a real ego boost.

What TOP is describing is contrary to the story of Kotor, and fits Jedi Academy much better.

I understand where you're coming from. That will not come from the next game, trust me. They need to finish this current trilogy and then, once done, you can make more games with the younger jedi. In those games, if they make them, they can focus mostly on insane, fast paced, and epic lightsaber duels, that and the struggle between light and dark.

see thats the thing I like KOTOR the way it is, in the way of game play. I am just not quite as found of the way that the story elements were handled in K2 compaired to K1. TO be completly honest I liked about 80% of K2's story but I hated the ending and the way that it was handled in respect to the Sith lords. Personally I would love it if the next 500 games in the KOTOR series had the same gameplay style as the first two (i.e turn based, powerful jedi, rich & colourful NPC character developement).

The exile receives jedi powers very quickly in the game.I don't see how a padawan would develop his powers any other way.

They could lengthen the game and slow the feat/power progression for the first half a dozen levels or more. Meaning the higher the level the faster they would gain powers and feats.

AscendedPaladin.png

I would never want to start out as a Padawan. And though in Kotor 1 you weren't technically one, you played half the game as if you were. Having people refer to me as "Padawan" grated on my nerves and became a bit insulting after awhile. I loved how in Kotor 2 you were already a Jedi (though exiled) and people referred to you as such. Just hearing people refer to you as this Jedi who should be assisted or feared was a real ego boost.

What TOP is describing is contrary to the story of Kotor, and fits Jedi Academy much better.

I would hope that the next KOTOR is about twice to three times as long as K2 was (60-180 hrs to complete). If that was the case then they could program it so that as you gained each new class the non-party NPCs in the game would react to it, same as the farther you went down the darkside the more reaction that you would have from them (i.e. walking the other direction when they see you, refusing to talk to you, etc.).

AscendedPaladin.png

I would hope that the next KOTOR is about twice to three times as long as K2 was (60-180 hrs to complete). If that was the case then they could program it so that as you gained each new class the non-party NPCs in the game would react to it, same as the farther you went down the darkside the more reaction that you would have from them (i.e. walking the other direction when they see you, refusing to talk to you, etc.).

I hope K3 is a different design, sure this one is good but it would be nice to have a system similer to Morrowind where the game is open ended. In the case of you can go to any planet you want (well of course there is a limit) while there would only be 4 planets related to the main quest and there will be 6 or so planets no related to the main quest which you can do for fun, and for experiance. Of course for gaining new characters

. Having people refer to me as "Padawan" grated on my nerves and became a bit insulting after awhile.

The thing that bothered me in KOTOR 2, was when people would still call me Jedi, despite I was fully dark side and a Sith Lord to boot. Except for that time in the palace when a soldier yelled"Look, more of Vaklu's troops! And they got a Sith with them!" That was sweet.

1169782506.gif

I hope K3 is a different design, sure this one is good but it would be nice to have a system similer to Morrowind where the game is open ended. In the case of you can go to any planet you want (well of course there is a limit) while there would only be 4 planets related to the main quest and there will be 6 or so planets no related to the main quest which you can do for fun,  and for experiance. Of course for gaining new characters

See I have never played marrowmind, so I can't comment on its gameplay style. But I think having so many planets that have nothing to do with the story would knid of take away from the general gameplay. I could see having maybe one or two planets that have nothing to do with the story being a good thing but out of ten planets having six of them with no relation to the story would IMO just suck... unless they had some really interesting reasons for being there.

AscendedPaladin.png

. Having people refer to me as "Padawan" grated on my nerves and became a bit insulting after awhile.

The thing that bothered me in KOTOR 2, was when people would still call me Jedi, despite I was fully dark side and a Sith Lord to boot. Except for that time in the palace when a soldier yelled"Look, more of Vaklu's troops! And they got a Sith with them!" That was sweet.

Well if you go dark enough and become a sith lord you get your avatar on the main menu screen. Is that not cool?

Actually I thought it was kinda cheesy.

Well if you go dark enough and become a sith lord you get your avatar on the main menu screen. Is that not cool?

Actually I thought it was kinda cheesy.

Ditto. I mean come on. Do they think because they doing THAT makes up for cut content."I couldn't find the droid planet and factory, but look at the menu screen! ITS ME!!!!"

1169782506.gif

Ehhh... I read your entire post, but you really lost me on that sentence. Kreia's story was a lot more outstandingly interesting to me than another plain ol' "good and evil" story would've been. Replacing the game's theme of moral ambiguity with nothing more than just another so-called "epic battle" between Jedi and Sith would mean taking out a lot of what appealed to me so much about the story.

Ehhh... I read your entire post, but you really lost me on that sentence. Kreia's story was a lot more outstandingly interesting to me than another plain ol' "good and evil" story would've been. Replacing the game's theme of moral ambiguity with nothing more than just another so-called "epic battle" between Jedi and Sith would mean taking out a lot of what appealed to me so much about the story.

So does that mean that kotor didn't appeal to you? It was a battle Jedi and the Sith..

The starmaps was just to find the starforge which the sith were using.

So does that mean that kotor didn't appeal to you? It was a battle Jedi and the Sith..

Well, no. It might seem that way, I suppose. I appreciate the thoughts and ideas that went into this game's storyline and I do at least slightly prefer this game's storyline to the original's because I think it'll stick with me more (mainly due to its complexity). I'm more quick to defend this game during debates and whatnot than I am to defend the original, however, simply because the original already has enough people defending it. Heck, usually the ones "defending" the original are doing so by being the ones to start criticizing the sequel.

But no, I enjoyed both games very much, quite possibly around the same level. I appreciated their differences, too. I just don't at all see how it hurt anything for the sequel to take a different (and fresh) approach in exploring the Star Wars universe and mythology, rather than simply reproducing the exact same sort of situation that the original offered.

I'm also just getting so turned off by the generally-negative reaction complex stories in videogames always seem to run into nowadays and the fact that so many people constantly express that they would prefer another story about "the battle between good and evil", where the villains are clearly "evil" and whatnot. I'm really enjoying how a lot of videogames lately offer stories where the villains are morally ambiguous, are sympathetic and even relatable (in certain cases), and so on, where the lines of "good and evil" are more blurred. Yet, so many people who play those kinds of games seem to complain that the villains in question were "pointless and boring" because they didn't automatically "act badass and evil" or something. I don't understand why gamers just can't seem to handle some complexity now and again.

Well, no. It might seem that way, I suppose. I appreciate the thoughts and ideas that went into this game's storyline and I do at least slightly prefer this game's storyline to the original's because I think it'll stick with me more (mainly due to its complexity). I'm more quick to defend this game during debates and whatnot than I am to defend the original, however, simply because the original already has enough people defending it. Heck, usually the ones "defending" the original are doing so by being the ones to start criticizing the sequel.

But no, I enjoyed both games very much, quite possibly around the same level. I appreciated their differences, too. I just don't at all see how it hurt anything for the sequel to take a different (and fresh) approach in exploring the Star Wars universe and mythology, rather than simply reproducing the exact same sort of situation that the original offered.

I'm also just getting so turned off by the generally-negative reaction complex stories in videogames always seem to run into nowadays and the fact that so many people constantly express that they would prefer another story about "the battle between good and evil", where the villains are clearly "evil" and whatnot. I'm really enjoying how a lot of videogames lately offer stories where the villains are morally ambiguous, are sympathetic and even relatable (in certain cases), and so on, where the lines of "good and evil" are more blurred. Yet, so many people who play those kinds of games seem to complain that the villains in question were "pointless and boring" because they didn't automatically "act badass and evil" or something. I don't understand why gamers just can't seem to handle some complexity now and again.

I agree. The best villains are those you can't quite hate. One of my personal favorites is Von Glower in GK2.

I agree. The best villains are those you can't quite hate. One of my personal favorites is Von Glower in GK2.

And that's why I love KotOR II : it actually makes you think about yourself, your own emotions and alignment. Border between real life and virtual life is blurred, which acquires great mental activity in order to understand and appreciate value of whole idea.

But that's just my humble opinion :huh:

I liked being called a "padawan" it's sounds so much younger than "jedi" :blink: