Game-stopping glitch...

I went to the frozen pole of Telos, and after defeating the HK units I went inside. There the handmaidens talked to me and whatnot... I talked to their leader and got the mission and have done everything I need to, except... I don't have any companions.

Bao-Dur sits there on the floor inside his prison and won't respond. Kreia stands at the entrance, and when I click her nothing happens. Atton stands next to her, and when I click him it says:

[Cheat Node]: Skip to <whats her face> confrontation

[Cheat Node]: Continue Kreia conversation

Note that I certainly have no cheats enabled. The second choice does nothing, while the first restarts the confrontation with the jedi, which I had already done...

I looked up on a walkthrough what was supposed to happen, and apparently Kreia is supposed to interject when talking to the Handmaiden for the first time, but that did not happen. I've reloaded savegames to no avail.

Is there any way (cheat codes for instance) to forcefully trigger the release of my companions?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a similar problem on the xbox version of kotorII. When I had Bao Dur and Kreia as my companions they ceased to follow me and were unresponsive to conversation. The only way I can get them into conversation is by taking contol of one of them and then clicking the dialogue option on the exile. All the other members of my party react normal and follow behind normally.

this is how i got it to work for me..

the first time i went in i put away my weapons with out any fuss, and it bugged up.. like it did for you all.

so i loaded the save game out in the snow before the droid fight and redid all that... then quicksaved... i went inside and the maiden tells me to drop my weapons.

say.. who are you ?

maiden says she will not warn me again, old woman tells me i best do as she says..

say.. ill play along for now

now if it works, it should goto a scien where they are all in cells and are haveing a conversation, and its rather long...

then you talk to atria or whatever her name is, and get to a part where you persuade her... then finish up talking quickly

now goto the room where the 3 cells are, as soon as you walk in it should trigger a scien .. go through that and use the text to let them out

this will get your party back...

now talk to handmaiden...

then find T3 unit, and let him out by useing text, tell him to go back to the ship

you can stick around or leave now and everything should be in order

i hope this helps you.

I'm having this problem as well. But the link to Auroria's site with the .zip file isn't working anymore. I'm kind of at a standstill since I can't leave aboard the Ebon Hawk. I tried Googling the .zip file as well as the Restoration Project but cannot find it. Any suggestions? Or get a get a copy from someone else who has already downloaded it? Thank you.

I am having this issue as well on the PC version, and I cannot move foward in the game at all.

I got in the Jedi base and did the talks with Atris, her handmaidens and that whole thing. But when it comes time to leave, I seem screwed. The entire time, Kreia and Atton stand by the enterance and never have that conversation I read was supposed to happen, and when I talk to Atton I get a menu that has two "Cheat Node" options. (i have never once used a cheat in this game so i am not sure what that is all about) Talking to Kreia does absolutely nothing. T3-M4 gives me regular chat options like, "make me a computer spike" and "let me work on you", but I can find NO way to free him. Bao-Dur is out cold, and I cannot speak to, nor free him. And I cannot board the Ebon Hawk, as I am told I need my party members to proceed.

This is really stupid and ruins the game. I hate using mods and cheats with games like this, but I may have to seek out that restoration thing. I find it really stupid that I should have to turn to a 3rd party to proceed in your game. I hope this is patched, pronto. :-

Oh, and as a side complaint, you need to work something out with ATi and get those issues straight.

Maybe you should put those hi-res movies on hold and fix this other stuff first. Movies do me no good if I can't advance in the game.

But the link to Auroria's site with the .zip file isn't working anymore.

The TSL Restoration Project is in the process of moving to a new web host at the moment, and should be backup up shortly - shortly as in not long, as opposed to the definition LucasArts uses...

Their forums are still up, and, for the time being, fixes from their web sites' download pages are linked to from this post.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

This is really stupid and ruins the game. I hate using mods and cheats with games like this, but I may have to seek out that restoration thing. I find it really stupid that I should have to turn to a 3rd party to proceed in your game. I hope this is patched, pronto. :lol:

Yes, this debugging code shouldn't have been left by Obsidian in the 1.0B patch, and yes, it should have been picked up by LucasArts QA, and yes, logic dictates such a silly and high profile error should be patched quickly, but; whether and when it is patched is in the hands of LucasArts and prevarication is what they do best. I can only presume that this is being delayed to make a "super-patch" (like the 1.02 patch for the original KOTOR) and I think this is a mistake.

The music and movies has no bearing upon this, as the work was already done during the lifetime of the 1.0B patch (and was only not included in that because LA vetoed the idea because, apparently, of the size of the download - well, hey, we've got to download it sometime and it's not getting any smaller).

Oh, and as a side complaint, you need to work something out with ATi and get those issues straight.

Yes, developing games that work better for one GPU that another is ultimately self-defeating, no argument there. But the problem derives from the aurora game engine KOTOR is built upon and its use of OpenGL instead of DirectX. The game engine was written by Bioware and not using this engine wasn't an option for Obsidian. The poor implementation of the OpenGL driver, however, is down to ATI, and they haven't shown the inclination to fix the underlying problems since long before the original KOTOR...

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.