My guess as to who is making BG3

My guess is that BG3 will be made by "Irrational Games". This has been a hunch of mine for a while now. There are a few things that make this look like a possibility.

Irrational Games created Freedom Force, a squad-based tactical game. That style of game has similarities to BG, so they have experience and an engine that could support BG

Recently, Irrational Games and Bioware have announced an odd partnership, where Bioware is selling freedom force from their online store. This seemed strange at first, but it could make a lot of sense if they are teaming up for a collaboration on BG3 behind the scenes. For the same reason Atari moved the NWN2 boards to Bioware, they would want BG3 to be linked to the Bioware community, and no doubt Atari would want to see some sort of collaboration with Bioware if for no other reason than the community exposure.

In a recent Irrational Games interview, one of their employees talked about how the party-based role playing game has been overlooked by publishers

I also read (about a year ago) on some forum that someone believed that BG3 was being developed by some Australian developer. I can't remember where I read that or the source, but I do remember reading that rumor, and coincidentally, Irrational Games is based in Australia

@Camel, your guess is as good as any.

But the rumor about BG3 from an Australian developer was way over a year ago, if not about 2 years ago. IIRC that rumor was before the collapse of BIS. So, it would seem odd that BG3

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Do you even care anymore Visc?

You're a consol-man now no?  :lol:

Again, I have to ask who's Visc?

Anyway, I play both Console and PC. If there is a choice between the two for multiplatform games I would pick PC over console, but I won't deny there are some good games on console, specifically the X Box that I am going to give a try.

Harvey

In a recent Irrational Games interview, one of their employees talked about how the party-based role playing game has been overlooked by publishers

Ohh well, don't forget, those are the people who said Freedom Force is an RPG, which, obviously, is not true.

Nothing wrong with Irrational, they're one of the hottest game companies out there, though it's very unlikely for them to do BG3, because it's just not their style... That's one reason, another is that I WANT BIO to do BG3 damnit!!! :lol:

Who does not know Visc?? A legend in CRPGs forums. :o

As for BG3, seeing how current games are about 20 hrs long at the most, I fail to see how to get excited about any BG3 news.

Unless it means the beginning of another 200+hrs saga like the first BG saga, not sure what the point would be to make another BG game.

Might as well make it NWN3 or BG Dark Alliance 3 if it is to be such a game.

I remember how surprised I was when I first heard that Bethesda were developing Fallout 3.. Irrational Games is probably as good a guess as any. But it doesn't feel like a natural choice. Freedom Force is very far from the Forgotten Realms.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Irrational Games is prolly the best bet for BG3. One of the Irrational head honchos is a self proclaimed old school d&d nut, so it makes perfect sense to me they would want to persue the game. And Bio is huge, but they will still need Atari for a while yet if they plan on making or subcontracting d&d titles as Atari holds the license to publish such games, I believe. Anyways, it's good to see Bio work with decent people rather than scumbags like those they used to at the now defunct interplay.

"Irrational Games is prolly the best bet for BG3."

No, they aren't. Outside of their barely connected connections to Bioware; there is no reason to think that IG has any interest, or desire to make a BG3. Heck, didn't they basically publish their last game? I seriosuly doubt these folks would want to have fun playing games with Atari. They'd be rolled over like dollies.

It's either going to be a large devloper like Bioware who can hold their own against Big Bad Publishers tm. or a weak, pathetic, and puny devloper who will just do what Atari says. IG doesn't fit into either of those categories 'cause while they aren't that big neither are they some unknown dev.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My guess is that BG3 will be made by "Irrational Games".  This has been a hunch of mine for a while now.  There are a few things that make this look like a possibility.

Irrational Games created Freedom Force, a squad-based tactical game.  That style of game has similarities to BG, so they have experience and an engine that could support BG

Recently, Irrational Games and Bioware have announced an odd partnership, where Bioware is selling freedom force from their online store.  This seemed strange at first, but it could make a lot of sense if they are teaming up for a collaboration on BG3 behind the scenes.  For the same reason Atari moved the NWN2 boards to Bioware, they would want BG3 to be linked to the Bioware community, and no doubt Atari would want to see some sort of collaboration with Bioware if for no other reason than the community exposure. 

I also read (about a year ago) on some forum that someone believed that BG3 was being developed by some Australian developer.  I can't remember where I read that or the source, but I do remember reading that rumor, and coincidentally, Irrational Games is based in Australia

Now that's what I call being an "irrational gamer". :D

manthing2.jpg

No.

Irrational have just finished Swat 4 and are giving more people to the development of Bioshock, a fps horror/enviroment simulator game(:D),

and they have another game being development also. I doubt they'd have time, or interest for that matter, to make BG 3 anywhere near future. The whole thought is pretty far out.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

One of the Irrational head honchos is a self proclaimed old school d&d nut, so it makes perfect sense to me they would want to persue the game.

The only flaw here is basically every gaming company in existence is populated with current or former d&d geeks. Same thing with gaming magazines.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

With Square at the helm, I'd expect BG3 to be even more story driven linear and straightforward than past BG games, with some sad attempt at longevity and non-linearity by including some card game, enemy hunting spots, and secret, deep dungeons filled with phat loot.