Handmaiden/Atris dialog

Hi,

When speaking to the handmaiden, there's a dialog option "What can you tell me about atris?". I'm level 18 right now, and I can convert the Handmaiden to a Jedi Guardian. According to KSE, I have 100 influence with the handmaiden. And yet she won't answer this particulary question, either before or after Jedihood. Is this a bug, or by design? Is she not betraying her oath etc?

I'm just started my fourth planet (including peragus), so please don't spoil me :lol:

Thanks!

I believe I read here a while back that she will only answer that question if you ask during the first conversation you have with her on the Ebon Hawk. Others here could confirm or deny this, and probably will.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'm not sure if this if this related, but during my game after training her into a Jedi, my dialog with Handmaiden seemed to "reset". All the options and replies were pre-Jedi and stuff like "I have an oath blah blah blah. This is also how I ended up picking up that duplicate Handmaiden's robe bug.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I checked the files and Handmaiden will tell you about Atris only if your influence is greater than 31% and lower than 69%.

Setting the inlfuence at 100% should be done only when you want to convert your npcs into Jedi. Otherwise, you'll miss some cutscenes and conversation options that are available during a more "natural" progression. However, it will not prevent you from completing the game as it is purely optional stuff.

Actually you don't even need 100 to turn to Jedi. Don't know what it is tho - maybe 75%?

Maybe Handmaiden's special tho...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't set the influence to 100 - it was "naturally" at 90-something through dialog (and I noticed that my influence with visas was at 100 through dialog as well), and I acquired a few more points on Onderon. I loaded up KSE first to "fix" the stupid "find the escaped criminals" bug (the quest didn't complete since the mercs didnt spawn on telos like they were supposed to), and I run it now and again to look at the game state since I'm a curious kinda guy :) I vaguely remember going down the conversation path at one point, but someone told me there was a joke about jolee bindo and I wanted to see it. If there's a handmaiden romance, is that dialog important? Not many spoilers please :(