shoddy ending

now, i finished the game earlier today - and my christ, does the end suck!

what about carth and bastilla?? and revan?? and all the other characters? and the stuff you set up with the remote? and mira?? and darth whateverhisnameis - i forget. the guy with the real cool mask. he was barely in it, and when he was he died super easy. so why was he the main emphasis of the cover and all the promotional work?? it was a good game - not quite as good as the first - but the ending just spoilt it in my eyes. what are other people's views on this??

what about carth and bastilla?? and revan?? and all the other characters? and the stuff you set up with the remote? and mira?? and darth whateverhisnameis - i forget. the guy with the real cool mask. he was barely in it, and when he was he died super easy. so why was he the main emphasis of the cover and all the promotional work?? it was a good game - not quite as good as the first - but the ending just spoilt it in my eyes. what are other people's views on this??

A lot of stuff was cut.

You were suspose to rescue your party members, there was a scene of Bao-dor dying.

The ending I guess works, but it needs to be longer and serve a more entertaining purpose instead of seeing Malachor 5 blow up.

The ending as such is good enough - it's a set up for the rest of the story, the Exile is leaving to look for Revan, making for a future confrontation between the Republic and the True Sith. The whole "make the Republic strong!"-thing. It's a good lead in to the continued story.

However, the ball is dropped before the end. There are just so many loose threads, the companions, the remote, etc. Malachor V is like a mosaique missing half the pieces.

And I too felt that the villains weren't given enough screen time.

A lot of stuff was cut.

You were suspose to rescue your party members, there was a scene of Bao-dor dying.

The ending I guess works, but it needs to be longer and serve a more entertaining purpose instead of seeing Malachor 5 blow up.

cut?? why?? that sounds like a great idea! well, anything would've been better than what happened. i was expecting to go hunt for revan, then go back to carth & bastilla. and what about the stuff hk-47 was talking about - the voice activated secret visits from the ebon hawk?? or was that malachor 5?

Blame LucasArts, they are the ones who Rushed it, Not Obsidian.

Hopefully Obsidian will be able to release a Mega Patch or an Expansion, but I doubt they would tell us if they will or if they have any plans to. :lol:

Best of Luck if you are Guys!

I just finished the second playthrough today and it still feels every bit as hollow as the first. The only thing that can provocate emotions is Kreia telling

that Mira would died on some remote planet. Why was it needed to kill her and not anyone else? It really irritates me that she is the only one that has a told death. Why not just give her the same flumsy happy future as the rest of the crew? Yes Kreia does say Mira will follow the light and always thing of you and so forth, but she just had to add the part of her dying as well. Oh well never mind me...

It is not changing the plot ... its just adding some cut content back.

But some of this content includes deathscenes for partymembers who could appear in KotOR 3 cause they survived in the official ending of KotOR2.

But this is not very likely imo. It would surprise me if even the exile appears in

KotOR 3.

I have to say I was disappointed in the hollow ending as well. Although LA is ultimately at fault, Chris has continued to refer to it as an "Empire Strikes Back-type ending". If he seriously thinks that, then he doesn't deserve to write another game story.

It would surprise me if even the exile appears in

KotOR 3.

Yeah, could be like those bad action movie sequels where they suddenly kill off the main character from the previous film to make room for a less interesting new one. The Exile goes looking for Revan, suddenly a meteor falls on Exiles's head. Now for a new character! :lol::p