KOTOR II in the top 100 games of all time

"see KotOR 2 gain its infamy as voted by you, the readers!" This was the caption under the link. Obsidian is aware that they just insulted their game, right? :wacko:

Definition of infamy:

in

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Well, if KOTOR got on there than II deserves it as well.

The reason that I don't care is that about half the list were released in the last 8 months. And KOTOR II was beaten out by the likes of Doom III and a buch of those silly annual sports game releases.

Yout definition catch is amusing though.

I believe that they were trying to be witty and sarcastic, since the title is in the position of being named as The Sith Lords, of course all of us know that the word Sith is synonomous with evil in the Star Wars world. Little did they know they addressed some people's aspects of the game. Or did they know?

Well, if KOTOR got on there than II deserves it as well.

The reason that I don't care is that about half the list were released in the last 8 months.    And KOTOR II was beaten out by the likes of Doom III and a buch of those silly annual sports game releases.

Yout definition catch is amusing though.

If KOTOR 2 lands up in the top 100 of all time.. its probably a bogus thread.

There are dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of older games that are still enjoyable today and and some of the best games to play!

Here are some example of games:

Tie Fighter: Great game for starwars fans, you start out piloting a Tie-fighter and make your way to an experimental missle gun boat. Long live the Empire!

Half Life: Hey the single player is fun, though shouldn't be the number 1 game... as most lists that have Half-life have it as the number 1 game simply for its large collection of mods.. which is plain wrong

Halo: FPS game, GREAT story... and I mean GREAT story. Halo is probably one of the few FPS games that actually took time to develop a powerful story

Master of Orion: Not the 2nd or 3rd one.. the original one is amazinly addictive.

Though the problem with 100 top lists is that it only includes games that came out recently...

The list goes back as early as 1990 with SUper Mario Bros. 3 Half Life is number 5 and Halo is like 17 or something. Tie Fighter and MoO aren't on the list though. Chrono Trigger made it. :lol:

Tie Fighter: Great game for starwars fans, you start out piloting a Tie-fighter and make your way to an experimental missle gun boat. Long live the Empire!

I love that game...Help the Emperor bring peace and order to the galaxy! :lol:

I just finished a replay of the 6-CD classic Wing Commander IV - The Price of Freedom, and I actually think that it's better than KotOR II (but not KotOR I, and KotOR II was also good).

I don't think KotOR II should be in top 100 though.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

The conditions for actual entry onto the list was somewhat limited and when similar games and series of games get onto the list you have to wonder at what kind of 5 year old judged it. Also very limited criterion for judgement seems to be used as well as a narrow view of what constitutes a best game of all time. It also is limited to primarily console games.

Two thoughts remain though:

1) Why doom3 is so far below half life 2 given that they IMHO two very great gaming experiences for different reasons and were released at the same time? I'd like to think that because most of the people who voted have not played doom3 on a good PC though surprising since half-life 2 required one it is puzzling.

2) Not (m)any MMORPGs on it so obviously lots of people just play for months on end continuously cause they are rubbish games.

I would say that the list was paid by the sponsors of IGN to produce a biased list, after all IGN has to pay the bills too, with real gamers sneaking in things of the ilk of FFIII and Secret of Mana type classics to try to show that the voices of real gamers and not just the corporate bull will be heard.

MY PHOTORECEPTORS!

Who are you to decree what constitutes a real gamer? Its all about numbers. More people own/play console games than PC games. The core market of consoles is teens and kids amongst whom rpgs are not the most popular genre.

If the list was compiled by random members of the public then so be it (reflects the core market), if it was compiled by reviewers then it has more weight to it cos these people criticise games for a living. If it is biased by ign then so what, its just their opinion.

"The core market of consoles is teens and kids"

False. The average age of a console owner is high 20s. Nice try; though.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Top 100 of all time really means top 100 from the past few years. Games date badly."

As another person pointed out, the games listed go back as far as '90. That's 15 years ago; not a 'few years ago'. :wub:

No. And, it's too bad as they belong on it; but seriosuly; while those games were fun they are not 'the best'. Then again, most of the 100 on the list aren't the best. Let's face it, all these lists are dumb unless they're done by the genius Volourn whose lists are always accurate.

can someone provide a link to the list of "top 100 games of all time" please.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The greatest video game of all time is one that I probably can't even mention. But I believe the heroine's name was Valerie. :shifty:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)