gay Star Wars?

Change everything?

Only a small percentage of the human population are homosexual.  As long as the games we play reflect that small precentage then I don't see the big deal.  If you don't want your character gay, then don't role play him gay.  Simple as that.

I just want to add, I see your point but these are role playing games.  You just role play your character as you see fit.  If it bothers you that much, then don't play the games you know that have the "gay options."

Yep, it strikes me as very odd that Star Wars players should be threatened by the completely non-compulsory option to roleplay a gay romance if a player should happen to want to do so.

Just the fact that other people one shall never meet have the opportunity to be the character they want to be in the game is a bad thing. That's what I find truly remarkable.

I'm sure they wouldn't feel threatened at all if it was a little bit of girl-on-girl SW action, in fact I think they would openly accept it, but then again, tthat's not really homosexuality now is it? :D

Also Lowiej, very good and informative post, some people on here could learn a thing or two from that. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

That's not the point. It's the Star Wars setting. R2 and 3PO notwithstanding. In games like JE, I see no problem with it.

Yes, that was the excuse given by the developers about why there are no gay romances in K2 (although fake-lesbian titillation, sure, why not?). I'd be more inclined to believe that, although I'd still think it was a poor excuse, if K2 held strongly to the SW theme in other areas. In opposition to the movies, K2 was filled with sex (yeah, imagine Han talking about how he's totally going to pick up some whores), and and utter hopeless despair (no matter what you do, everywhere you go, even if you save everything everywhere, you're ultimately screwed), and sexual euphemisms (what IS that hydrospanner obsession?), and people actually being affected by killing millions of people (y'know, feeling more than a little bad), and also had very very little cheese.

Sure, I loved the game. But it's not very much Star Wars, it just happens to take place in the same universe. K1 had a much stronger SW theme and still the (admittedly rather subtle) fact that Juhani was a lesbian didn't flicker that for me.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Yes:

either Juhani or Belaya mentions "spending nights under the stars" with each other,

Belaya becomes enraged if you kill Juhani, says some mushy stuff, and joins the Sith Academy on Korriban, determined to kill you (I don't know if that part's in the game since I never killed Juhani, but it's in the dialogue files),

on Korriban, one of the Sith archaeologists sputters and mentions their old relationship to Juhani, he says he had a crush on her but she always rejected him, if you talk to her she says she had no feelings for him, etc, and never did,

and if you play LS female and don't do the Carth romance, she has a few lines near the end of the game about having feelings for you. There was a bug where you got those lines as male, though.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Yep, it strikes me as very odd that Star Wars players should be threatened by the completely non-compulsory option to roleplay a gay romance if a player should happen to want to do so.

funny thing is that it all comes down to insecurity .. the more insecure you are about your sexuality, the more you despise anything "out of the ordinary" .. so I guess it means that alot of guys really doubt their own sexual orientation and which way it 'points'! ^_^

my advice .. go make out with another guy .. if you hate it? well then you just learned something valuable! and if you like it? well then good for you and congratulations on being gay or bisexual! :o and rejoice over the fact that you now have alot more choices when picking a new lover!

but no matter what, you won't have a problem with these kinds of games .. and you can now hang out with your new gay-friends and never feel strange around them! .. see it's a win-win situation! :D

Fortune favors the bald.

don't forget darth vader and his leather. to bad he broke all the boys he played with. watching the old movies did you notice any female officers on those ships?

5000 men go on the spaceship 2500 couples come out. :p

I knew there was reason I liked Juhani. :o I wonder if she would let my revan watch. :cat:

Now that you mentioned about the lack of female officers in the original trilogy, I remember reading somewhere that the Emperor had a hatred for women and aliens, so maybe that was Lucas's way of making a point? :o

Damn, I really can't remember where I read that!

Anyways, make of that what you will...

DL :cat:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Now that you mentioned about the lack of female officers in the original trilogy, I remember reading somewhere that the Emperor had a hatred for women and aliens, so maybe that was Lucas's way of making a point?  :o

I think it's quite clear .. it was a symbol of every opression in the book .. racism and opression of women etc.

I mean I don't think the Emperor got his share of bounty .. know what I mean .. and every man who is not getting his share develops a hatred for women, thus wanting to control them .. it's sad really .. just think how happy this place (Earth) would be if every man and women was getting his/hers share of 'bounty' ..

no war .. no hate .. just love ..

follow the old Hippie saying !make love not war!

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't mind gay romances personally, as they merely add more freedom to the game, and yet another option for those who desire it. But what I would really like to see would be some more twisted romance options. I'm growing sick of the oh so rehashed "boy meets girl and loves her for eternity" concept. Quit making them so bloody shallow, and start making them interesting. Less "pure innocent love," more deception, death, and suffering.

As for the people opposing gay romance options. Why? It's obviously a path you won't ever explore ( or perhaps the urge to do so is simply far too powerful for your feeble minds to resist, teehee ), thus it won't really affect you. Or maybe you just feel sick knowing that it is in the game, which is rather dumb as it would be like me calling for a ban on good alignment characters since I dislike them. If you don't want to engage in a gay romance, simply refuse whoever proposes to you, or sever his head with your lightsaber. Whatever, the choice is yours. And RPG's are after all about making choices, don't diminish them simply because some of them don't suit *you*. Because if we all did that, we would be playing extremely boring and monotone games.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

I don't mind gay romances personally, as they merely add more freedom to the game, and yet another option for those who desire it. But what I would really like to see would be some more twisted romance options. I'm growing sick of the oh so rehashed "boy meets girl and loves her for eternity" concept. Quit making them so bloody shallow, and start making them interesting. Less "pure innocent love," more deception, death, and suffering.

As for the people opposing gay romance options. Why? It's obviously a path you won't ever explore ( or perhaps the urge to do so is simply far too powerful for your feeble minds to resist, teehee ), thus it won't really affect you. Or maybe you just feel sick knowing that it is in the game, which is rather dumb as it would be like me calling for a ban on good alignment characters since I dislike them. If you don't want to engage in a gay romance, simply refuse whoever proposes to you, or sever his head with your lightsaber. Whatever, the choice is yours. And  RPG's are after all about making choices, don't diminish them simply because some of them don't suit *you*. Because if we all did that, we would be playing extremely boring and monotone games.

Hmmm, good point..............

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

So here is a question, if someone was to kill someone else, stuff them in a closet and just say "I didn't kill him", does that change the fact that they killed someone else? Cause that's what some of you are saying with the whole "Just refuse" or "Don't play the game", it's the same thing, except on a diffrent scale.

Fear of Yoda is a path to the dark side...

it's the same thing, except on a diffrent scale.

Right, murdering someone and then locking him in a closet, only to later deny any involvement is the same thing as saying no to a male trying to hit on you.

What?

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

Killing someone is a crime, hitting on someone, or being hit on by someone is not (especially when it's a fictional computer game character hitting on an equally fictional character).

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Also Ros, did you try your own advice? I must admit, I've never thought of it like that before. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I think that a gay romance option is completely disgusting.  I don't hate gay people or anything

Hmm, yes I can see you don't hate homosexuals; you just find them "disgusting". :huh:

I wouldn't want to contradict myself or anything...

I find homosexual acts to be disgusting, not the people themselves. Oh, I get it, if I don't find homosexual acts appealing, that means I hate gay people ;)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195