gay Star Wars?

I think this sentiment would be a common one, and I think it likely stems from the fact that homosexuality is usually treated as inherently sexualised and immediately, directly associated with the raw act of copulation by much of western culture.  Star Wars, antithetically, is a very intentionally desexualised universe.  Homosexuality.  It's even got it in the name.  That's why I tend to use the term 'gay' by preference.  A gay romance could just be a couple guys feeling romantic affection for one another.  But call it homosexual and it's already got sex in it.  It doesn't need to.

I don't think so. Following your logic, the same would apply to heterosexual. Perhaps there's something wrong with my sex drive, but I don't picture "the raw act of copulation" whenever I hear that word. Fortunately, the same goes for homosexual.

And no, no homosexual stuff in my SW games, thank you very much. It would greatly freak me out to have a gay NPC trying to make advances on my PC. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

For some reason I don't particuliarly like the idea of children having to consider sexuality, and having a homosexual relationship in a game like Kotor would seemlingly have that effect.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

there's a gay romance option? hm... I just got the limited edition and the guide a few days ago but I haven't started it yet. I guess this'll be interesting to see when I do get around to it. I have to admit though I wouldn't be a fan of homosexuality in games. no offense :ph34r:

I think that a gay romance option is completely disgusting. I don't mean any offense, I don't hate gay people or anything, but putting a gay romance option into a game, especially a Star Wars game, is just a no-go in my book.  And can you imagine the kind of publicity it would get? You would have a lot of parents saying that the game is encouraging homsexual activity, and all that crap. If you want a gay romance, use KSE to modify your gender in the game accordingly. Just my .02.

<+Gay> WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM!!! <-Gay>

For the last frigging time, unless someone installs a mod, there was no romance with Juhani in KotOR. She expressed 'feelings' for you if your PC was female, it was implied they were of a romantic nature...that was it. Only romance options were Carth for female, and Bastila for male.

I doubt that Bioware would have given up an entire game they were planning on doing just because LA wouldn't let them put a gay romance in. I doubt that LA would have let them put a gay romance in.

Personally, I like the gays. They're a very clean people. And they've been that way ever since they came over to this country from France.

What would be cool is if a male PC could be gay and then a butch character like Manderous would hate you for it and be all insulting throughout the game and then the twist near the end would be him professing his love for you and trying to kiss you.

How i would laugh.....

For the ppl who fervently deny that there is gayness in the SW universe.

_39912090_c3p0_r2d2_pa.jpg

(w00t) hahha now that is the truth

but why do people get all touchy when the word ........ gay...... is mentiond

Gay romnace thing woulnt bother me in the slightest infact id prob play it along for a laugh or in the intrest of completness as i like to play games to all there endings and if your so agenst it dont play on that path 99% of the time it is not forced on you so you win anyway

There was a Lezbian option in KOTOR 1 (actually due to errors you could get her to "confess" her feelings if you were a male as well (if you did certain things)) and a bi female option in KOTOR 2. I would like to see "gay" romances for both males and females. But I think both Bioware and Obsidian were smart about it as they knew the main people who would be playing the games would be straight males, and they are more happy to accept "girl-on-girl" romancess than two males.

But as a side note gay people do play the games, and so do alot of females, I think Star Wars and video games in general are becomeing more widespread, and more females and homosexuals are now playing video games.

Oh and another side note, all those people who feel haveing homosexuals in a video game can "brainwash" children so they'll end up turning gay. It is not possible, have you ever tried to change you sexuality? It's impossible. But it may lead the children to 1) be more accepting to people of different sexualitys and 2) those who are gay and play the games, will feel happier, accepted, and they are not freaks like homophobics call them which could lead to them coming out sooner and having a happier life.

But who wants to make people feel good about themselves and feel accepted?

Is it really such a bad thing to have a "gay" character.

I don't hate gay peaple, but putting gay options into games like Star Wars is just abuse in a way, sure everyone says R2-D2 and C3P0 are gay, but that theory makes no sence on the count that they're both droids, I for one would be very disturbed if a character in a game tried to hit on me, even if I could refuse, it's still disturbing in a way to me and perhaps others.

Again, I meant no offence to gay peaple or anything =).

Fear of Yoda is a path to the dark side...

Homosexual or heterosexual.. In a RPG there both the same to me. Its about playuing your character. You choose how your character is played and if he or she is homo because you wish to play him or her that way, then it is your choice. Whether or not the other people in the party are homo or not is up to the developers. Such as trying to romance Dawn Star with a female character isn't going to work out. She isn't a lesbian, from how I was able to respond to her with my female character in the game, but Silk Fox is at least Bisexual.

I think that people are too freaking hung up on the homo-hetero thing, and those who are unreasonable about it are spouting off religious doctrine, which has no bearing on biological processes, as their proof that homosexuality is bad. As long as people are ignorant, intolerate, and religious (I hate organized religion and always will, personal pet peeve and all) and not look at human physiology and rational science there will be this hate and bigotry. By George Lucas and his companys' stance on this, I would catagorize him as a bigot.

Frankly I find a brother and sister french kissing and groping more distrubing than two unrelated males french kissing and groping, but that is just me.

Harvey

Frankly I find a brother and sister french kissing and groping more distrubing than two unrelated males french kissing and groping, but that is just me.

Both are just as bad, there used to be a time long ago where just being gay was punished(this is NOT a threat, this is a FACT), and now today gay peaple have enough liberty to walk around and openly admit it, but they seek more, now they want it in video games, and soon everything.

Again I have nothing against gay peaple, they're decisions are their own, but this type of thing is an invasion, peaple may put it aside by saying "You don't HAVE to be gay in the game" but that doesn't remove that fact that everything is trying to be converted to gay as well, I am fine with peaple being gay, I am not fine with them trying to change everything to their liking.

Fear of Yoda is a path to the dark side...

Change everything?

Only a small percentage of the human population are homosexual. As long as the games we play reflect that small precentage then I don't see the big deal. If you don't want your character gay, then don't role play him gay. Simple as that.

I just want to add, I see your point but these are role playing games. You just role play your character as you see fit. If it bothers you that much, then don't play the games you know that have the "gay options."

Harvey

"I doubt that Bioware would have given up an entire game they were planning on doing just because LA wouldn't let them put a gay romance in. I doubt that LA would have let them put a gay romance in."

Agreed 100%. I seriosuly doubt hat differences of opinion on gay romances between BIO and LA had them go their speerate ways. That's just plain dumb talk. And, if that is the reason both LA and BIO were really dumb.

I think the answer is obvious. LA wanted KOTOR2 made NOW, and BIO wanted to make other games first so wanted LA tow ait. LA didn't want to wait so LA and BIO came to an agreement where Obsidian got to make the game with BIO's engine and BIO moves on yet still gets money. Everyone is happy.

This talk of gay romances being the cause of BIO not making KOTOR2 is just plain retarded.

:wub::wub::wub:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Gays don't want to be in everything but they want to be treated normal. So for game that allows you to make your own pc the more option to make him/her lthey way you like the better. Since being gay happens in life the video game just gives you that option. Star wars could have gay beings with no problem since there so many cultures. probably be more true in star wars however it wouldn't be seen strange because most people would be use to it. Unlike earth where some people think gays,jew,blacks etc... should stay in their place and not make noise for getting the same rights and recognition from the goverment.

here a couple of things to think about if you went into a gay bar and didn't get hit on would you be happy?

I always believe a straight man would want more guy men. reason lower the number of prospect women would have meaning more women to choose from. :wub:

6 Foot Invisible Rabbit i dont think i have EVER agreed with anyone so much.

why is it in this day and age people still have to be so intolerate and have pety fights over such things its very simple if it bothers you so much that your dont play the game that way or dont buy the game if its going to threten your sexulality so much