Crate in the Sith Temple on Dxun

Hello (possible Spoilers ahead),

during the second visit on Dxun, the party has to enter a sith temple right near the entrance are two walkways, each one of them leads to a computer with a crate, solving the riddle in the computer opens the crate - so far so good.

I can't open the crate with the "equation riddle". It says you have to balance the equation "(6 _ 2) _ 8 _ 9 _ 1 = 13" using + - * / in the _ spots. Fine, I used "6*2-8+9/1=13" and if I'm not completely stupid, this actually IS 13. But the crate doesn't open, the computer explodes, end of story.

Is it my fault, doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I will leave this crate behind and will continue with the game, but it angers me, so at least I would like to know what's behind all this.

Thanks for any reaction,

SL

Save before you do it, choose one, and try it until it works. From what I've heard (and experienced), the game chooses when you use the terminal whether it wants the final one to be * or /. Since both are correct, your average not-dumb person has a 50/50 chance of getting the puzzle right each time (unless they're psychic and know which one the game wants).

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Is it my fault, doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

I will leave this crate behind and will continue with the game, but it angers me, so at least I would like to know what's behind all this.

Iirc, there are at least two things that could cause that issue:

(1) you haven't upgraded to v1.0b yet (supposedly, this fixes the selection of the puzzle answer, even though it's not mentioned in the readme)

(2) you exited the terminal screen to start over after inputting a wrong operator (still a problem in v1.0b)

As Dashus mentioned above, I just updated the TSLRP project site's downloads page with some more interim game fixes, including tk102's Equation Puzzle Fix, if you're interested.

Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords Restoration Project

http://www.team-gizka.org

I'm using this now. ;)

http://magestrix.com/K2End/downloads.html

Dxun Equation Puzzle Fix

This is an interim fix for a bugged terminal interaction (not fixed by the v1.0b patch) - if you exited the terminal screen to start over after inputting a wrong operator, the terminal will always consider any subsequent retried inputs to be incorrect as well. Actually, this fix was created by tk102 from the Holowan forum, but since it wasn't offered as a download and the thread has since been buried, here's the fix all packaged and ready to put in your Override folder.

Fantastic site. I installed all of the fixes, makes KotOR life much easier. :)

Edit:

Ahhh, sorry - Dashus and Razorfish already said this... :"> THANKS folks! :geek:

Edited by Shalynn Lors