Xbox patch

I am dissapointed that this game has so many glitches. Don't get me wrong I love the game (beat it four times) :shifty: but the gliches annoy me. the main one i don't like is the lagging part during most of the battles. My Xbox has slowed down to 0.5 frames per second on some of the more Larger battles and I tired of it. :wub: Does anyone have any idea when Obsidian will relase a patch for the Xbox version???

Never, seriously. The game isnt Live enabled so you wouldnt be able to download anything for it.

They could release a patch for it via OXB -- I've seen it done in the past. But it's hit or miss, and adds the cost of the magazine. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it IS possible, but I guess that doesn't make it likely. *sigh*

I've been lurking for months, and finally decided to register and post, so -- hello!

Cloris

They won't release a patch for the X-Box because it's not X-Box Live enabled. I've never had any problems with serious bugs, just frame-rate lags on occasion. To me, it's not a big deal. I do wish that they would have finished the game story-wise, however. It would have been nice to complete the arcs that were set-up with HK-47 and others. Oh, well.

Never ever ever ever never.

And the game ain't so great

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

They won't release a patch for the X-Box because it's not X-Box Live enabled. I've never had any problems with serious bugs, just frame-rate lags on occasion. To me, it's not a big deal. I do wish that they would have finished the game story-wise, however. It would have been nice to complete the arcs that were set-up with HK-47 and others. Oh, well.

I've seen this a lot on here -- and that isn't exactly true. My point was that it doesn't have to be XBox Live enabled to release a patch. It can be put on the disk that comes with every issue of the "Official Xbox Magazine." They don't do it so much anymore, but it has included (along with the playable demos et al) game saves and patches.

So if they don't patch the Xbox version, it isn't because "it can't be done."

Cloris

They could release a patch for it via OXB -- I've seen it done in the past. But it's hit or miss, and adds the cost of the magazine. Anyway, I just wanted to say that it IS possible, but I guess that doesn't make it likely. *sigh*

I've been lurking for months, and finally decided to register and post, so -- hello!

Cloris

I've seen this a lot on here -- and that isn't exactly true. My point was that it doesn't have to be XBox Live enabled to release a patch. It can be put on the disk that comes with every issue of the "Official Xbox Magazine." They don't do it so much anymore, but it has included (along with the playable demos et al) game saves and patches.

So if they don't patch the Xbox version, it isn't because "it can't be done."

Cloris

Two problems with your idea, The first is that LA has in the past rejected the idea of releasing a patch/update for a KOTOR game (namely the Yavin update for KOTOR, I forget which mag wanted to include it on their disk and LA said NO!). The second reason why you will never see a patch for the Xbox version IS because it isn't Live enabled, the game has to have to coding (which is the same for Xbox live) that would allow it to pick up on the data stored on the HD and run it in place of the existing data thats on the disk. Now since K2 doesn't have this coding/ or it isn't activated (whichever the case may be) it seems rather unlikely that they would choose that route. Besides it wouldn't make much of a difference if they released the patch Via CD anyway, the only people who would benifit from the patch would be the people who have a mod chip in their Xbox, and since LA and MS both hate Modded Xbox's I really can't this happening anytime soon. So again to state this a little more clearly there will NEVER be a patch for the Xbox version of K2.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Two problems with your idea, The first is that LA has in the past rejected the idea of releasing a patch/update for a KOTOR game (namely the Yavin update for KOTOR, I forget which mag wanted to include it on their disk and LA said NO!). The second reason why you will never see a patch for the Xbox version IS because it isn't Live enabled, the game has to have to coding (which is the same for Xbox live) that would allow it to pick up on the data stored on the HD and run it in place of the existing data thats on the disk. Now since K2 doesn't have this coding/ or it isn't activated (whichever the case may be) it seems rather unlikely that they would choose that route. Besides it wouldn't make much of a difference if they released the patch Via CD anyway, the only people who would benifit from the patch would be the people who have a mod chip in their Xbox, and since LA and MS both hate Modded Xbox's I really can't this happening anytime soon. So again to state this a little more clearly there will NEVER be a patch for the Xbox version of K2.

Boy, I seem to have stepped right in it, and on my first post too!

I know that the likelyhood of seeing an patch for KOTORII for Xbox is slim to no-way-in-hell, for various reasons. However, I believe that my point has been missed -- it can be done, and it IS done all the time, via a mass-produced and widely available format.

"Official Xbox Magazine" http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/

I hate to sound like a commercial for the damn rag, but apparently the point hasn't been made. Every issue is released with an sanctioned disk, and that disk contains video, playable demos, and oftentime patches and save-games. Most major book and game stores chains carry it. It doesn't have anything at all to do with Xbox Live, for pity's sake. Nor does it have anything to do with a hacked or modded Xbox. It's legitimate, it doesn't require even a network connection, let alone Live, and you don't have to void the warrenty on your box to get it.

*sigh* If we don't get a patch, then blame several of the other reasons that we can speculate about. However, it is possible, it has been done before.

I think that's about it for me on this thread,

Cloris

I know that the likelyhood of seeing an patch for KOTORII for Xbox is slim to no-way-in-hell, for various reasons. However, I believe that my point has been missed -- it can be done, and it IS done all the time, via a mass-produced and widely available format.

"Official Xbox Magazine"  http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/

I hate to sound like a commercial for the damn rag, but apparently the point hasn't been made. Every issue is released with an sanctioned disk, and that disk contains video, playable demos, and oftentime patches and save-games. Most major book and game stores chains carry it. It doesn't have anything at all to do with Xbox Live, for pity's sake. Nor does it have anything to do with a hacked or modded Xbox.  It's legitimate, it doesn't require even a network connection, let alone Live, and you don't have to void the warrenty on your box to get it.

*sigh*  If we don't get a patch, then blame several of the other reasons that we can speculate about. However, it is possible, it has been done before. 

Cloris

You seemed to have missed what I was saying, IT CAN'T BE DONE!!!... atleast with K2. Why? you might ask, well as I said because the coding isn't in the game to allow it to read the data your installing on the HD, therefore the game would not recognize the data and thus the data would be useless to anyone who doesn't have a modded Xbox (since they can modify the code as they need it). Yes I know OXM has done it in the past but not with a KOTOR game, and because (as I have already said) LA rejected that idea back when the DLC for KOTOR 1 was released, I can't say for sure which mag it was that asked LA for the rights to release the DLC to people who doesn't/didn't have live access, it sticks in my mind that it was OXM but I can't say for sure. Also its not speculation as to why we can't get a patch for the Xbox, the devs even said this was the reason why.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

"Official Xbox Magazine"  http://www.officialxboxmagazine.com/

I hate to sound like a commercial for the damn rag, but apparently the point hasn't been made. Every issue is released with an sanctioned disk, and that disk contains video, playable demos, and oftentime patches and save-games. Most major book and game stores chains carry it. It doesn't have anything at all to do with Xbox Live, for pity's sake. Nor does it have anything to do with a hacked or modded Xbox.  It's legitimate, it doesn't require even a network connection, let alone Live, and you don't have to void the warrenty on your box to get it.

*sigh*  If we don't get a patch, then blame several of the other reasons that we can speculate about. However, it is possible, it has been done before. 

Cloris

You seemed to have missed what I was saying, IT CAN'T BE DONE!!!... atleast with K2. Why? you might ask, well as I said because the coding isn't in the game to allow it to read the data your installing on the HD, therefore the game would not recognize the data and thus the data would be useless to anyone who doesn't have a modded Xbox (since they can modify the code as they need it). Yes I know OXM has done it in the past but not with a KOTOR game, and because (as I have already said) LA rejected that idea back when the DLC for KOTOR 1 was released, I can't say for sure which mag it was that asked LA for the rights to release the DLC to people who doesn't/didn't have live access, it sticks in my mind that it was OXM but I can't say for sure. Also its not speculation as to why we can't get a patch for the Xbox, the devs even said this was the reason why.

You do know that the Xbox did recive the Yavin station after its release right?

You do know that the Xbox did recive the Yavin station after its release right?

Yes but it was only available by using Xbox live, it was never releeased in a CD version.

AscendedPaladin.png

Well, we seem to have come to an impass. Are there any modded Xbox folks on here with the programming know-how to confirm or deny the existence of an open-interface left in the original product? I don't want to ask anyone to go look for it, as that would be a monsterous task, but if you already know, your input would be appreciated. I don't think that we'll know for sure until someone looks with their own eyes and sees for themselves. I'd rather have fact than conjecture or rumor.

It seems rather incredulous that with all the other material left in the product, that the standard open-interface would have been removed.

No offense intended or desired, but LA and OE have played hot-potato with this game for quite some time, so I find neither of them to be entirely credible.

Cloris

Well, we seem to have come to an impass. Are there any modded Xbox folks on here with the programming know-how to confirm or deny the existence of an open-interface left in the original product? I don't want to ask anyone to go look for it, as that would be a monsterous task, but if you already know, your input would be appreciated. I don't think that we'll know for sure until someone looks with their own eyes and sees for themselves. I'd rather have fact than conjecture or rumor.

It seems rather incredulous that with all the other material left in the product, that the standard open-interface would have been removed.

No offense intended or desired, but LA and OE have played hot-potato with this game for quite some time, so I find neither of them to be entirely credible.

Cloris

I think I doubt LA and OE (for the most part anyway) about as much as one person can when it comes to this game. But the thing is why would they lie about taking out something that could in the end only improve the game :p? I know they were talking at one time of adding all this great stuff to both versions of the game (i.e. each version of the game having its own set of DLC). The coding was already in the engine when OE got it so I am not exactly sure why it was taken out to begin with... unless they (OE) were ordered to take it out, but the chances of someone from OE saying this is highly unlikely. But in the end I only have the word of a dev to go on so, Yes, if someone out there (maybe someone who is working on the restoration project) can answer this it would help out a lot.

AscendedPaladin.png