3rd patch which corrects the musics?

When they say a few days, it is basically the equivalent of "soon" <_< . And we all know the definition of "soon" by now. Just wait about a month, and you'll see the patch. If not, just wait longer :)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

One of the developers said it would be out a day or two after the bug fix patch was released.

However, it appears that he shouldn't have said that, because any patch has to go through the formalities of being checked and cleared by LucasArts.

However, rather than come to the boards and admit that immediately, Obsidian maintained their usual radio silence on the issue. Several posters asked why there was a delay, and eventually (after a week or so, I think) a developer acknowledged that it was indeed being held up while LucasArts was checking it.

In other words, Obsidian made exactly the same mistake with this patch that they made with the previous patch, strongly implying an imminent release when this was not something they could control.

Obsidian, please hire a forum manager with some PR experience. You know it makes sense.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Arg!

It is the worse than of what I thought.

Worse than the French public service, with these heavy procedures between lucasart and obsidian.

I am going to wait two months to have a patch which does not correct a lot of the bugs, even to add some anymore. :)

Arg!

Worse than the French public service, with these heavy procedures between lucasart and obsidian.

I am going to wait two months to have a patch which does not correct a lot of the bugs, even to add some anymore.  :)

That's Obsidian

Take it or leave it

A small company that cannot create a Bugless software <_<

They do not have the experience neither enough crew

I just hope KOTOR 3 to be created from Bioware

Please god

Arg!

I am going to wait two months to have a patch which does not correct a lot of the bugs, even to add some anymore.  :)

That's Obsidian

Take it or leave it

A small company that cannot create a Bugless software <_<

Please god

AIN'T.GONNA.HAPPEN.

- With the critizism Lucasarts got from KotOR II, we should be happy if Obsidian is even allowed to do KotOR III.

- Some people seems to forget that KotOR 1 wouldn't even start for some people until patch v1.02.

- Stop being a company-fanboy, it's almost worse than being a console-fanboy (GC, PS2, Xbox for that matter).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One of the developper said the content patch is now in LA's hands to pass "QA tests and all the bureaucraty". As you should have noticed, LA took nearly one week to put online a webpage linking to the internationnal versions of the patch.

So let' be patient. And don't troll about French public service :).

Arg!

I am going to wait two months to have a patch which does not correct a lot of the bugs, even to add some anymore.  :ermm:

I'm sure they're doing their best. But as most of the bugs seem to be caused by hardware/driver conflicts, I don't see how Obsidian has the resources to resolve them. LucasArts QA is probably better placed to sort these things out, and so it's more than just procedure, it's genuinely the case that the patch depends on both parties working well together. That always takes time. But it is frustrating for people who can't even get the game working, on systems that really ought to be able to run it.

That's Obsidian

Take it or leave it

A small company that cannot create a Bugless software  <_<

Please god

Not enough experience? These are the people who made Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale 1, and Icewind Dale 2, and numerous other games prior to the formation of Black Isle. They have the experience. What they need is a publisher that gives a crap which Lucas Arts does not. The only way KotOR 3 will be worth getting is if LA isn't the publisher.

Harvey

That's Obsidian

Take it or leave it

A small company that cannot create a Bugless software  <_<

Please god

Not enough experience? These are the people who made Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale 1, and Icewind Dale 2, and numerous other games prior to the formation of Black Isle. They have the experience. What they need is a publisher that gives a crap which Lucas Arts does not. The only way KotOR 3 will be worth getting is if LA isn't the publisher.

Well, that's definitely not going to happen for obvious reasons... :(

But I agree, I definitely don't think that the entire blame is to be put on Obsidian.

(In the case of this patch, it sounds like Obsidian had it ready when they announced that it'd be out in a few days... So their mistake in that case was probably to say "in a few days", rather than "whenever LA wants to release it".)

So let' be patient. And don't troll about French public service

:):-"

It is not the bugs about Kotor2 game engine that worries me most, now.

What worries me, and it is almost identical with the games that they made. these bugs of script, quest and gameplay, that annoy us most.

It is the first time when I see an editor which is also slow to take out its patch, while a non-official site make the fixes quickly than Obsidian

http://magestrix.com/K2End/about.html

Salutation

Well if they are actually doing QA testing on these patches, I can't really complain. They are just looking out for us and their rep. But, if there is some business reason behind it I'm going to explode and take the universe with me. :)

I don't really play TSL anymore because it just got boring as hell. I'll probably play it one more time after this patch comes out, but after that, all replay value will be lost.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

I don't really play TSL anymore because it just got boring as hell. I'll probably play it one more time after this patch comes out, but after that, all replay value will be lost.

Well, all games become a little tired after a while, even the best. The real test is whether, after a few months, or years, you go back and enjoy it all over again. There are only a handful of old games that I still replay (via Dosbox).

How true.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I'm going to play it again as soon as the patch is out as I've only played it once as DS. I was going to play it as LS but thought I'd wait for the bug patch, then the announcement came that the videos would be added in 2 or 3 days so i thought i'd wait! When it arrives I'll probably wait for Catalyst 5.5 and then maybe I'll be able to play the way I should have been able to 4 months ago!

I'm going to play it again as soon as the patch is out as I've only played it once as DS.  I was going to play it as LS but thought I'd wait for the bug patch, then the announcement came that the videos would be added in 2 or 3 days so i thought i'd wait!  When it arrives I'll probably wait for Catalyst 5.5 and then maybe I'll be able to play the way I should have been able to 4 months ago!

Don't worry, then Obs will say something about the third patch and you'll wait next 4 months. :thumbsup: Remember when people were guessing will we see patch before Revenge of the Sith? Well, we saw, but uncomplete, so I think I'll probably see Episode III and than I will play TSL again (I only finished it once). ;)