Fav Half-Life2 Character

Which characters do you like the best?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters do you like the best?

• "the free man" (Gordan Freeman)
    • Dog
    • Alyx Vance
    • Barney Calhoun
    • Eli Vance
    • Dr Judith Mossman
    • Lamarr & Dr Kleiner
    • Father Grigori
    • G-Man
    • Other (anyone not mentioned)

I'm the one who voted for Gordon.

As a matter of interest, who voted for Dr Judith Mossman?

Demon King did :blink:

I won't ask how you know that, but -- anyway -- that still leaves one very quiet person. (That rules out Baley. :shifty:" ) I was really trying to understand what made Dr Mossman an appealing character. (Sure she had some depth ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I voted for Judith - Alyx didn't do much for me but Judith looked reasonably hot, was a good scientist and also had a dark side.

It works for me.

Although I couldn't understand why the girls all seemed to be fighting over a gimp like Gordan... >_<

Does this answer your unquestion Metadigital? ;)

Y'know, before I opened my big mouth I thought what you said rang a bell, and I thought: "Check before you type", "Check before you type", "Check before you type", "Check before you type" -- "Oh, Zarquod! I've posted. Oh well, let someone else check." :ermm:

Thankyou for highlighting my laziness. :(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Why the shifty smiley? ;)

I think we have a winner, Alyx! (w00t)

I voted for Father Grigori by the way; cos he's funny, but now I'm thinking I should have voted Barney cos he's cute! :shifty:  :">

I can't remember if I voted for Father Grigori or the G-man ... :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

We know that Father Grigori is clearly the best choice.

I dunno about "clear" ... sounds a bit too much like "no doubt". :D

I think the G-man is a very good evil character, who (primarily because he hasn't been explained in any depth) is still a (potentially very) deep character .... and so evil ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The good father gets the moral victory, if nothing else. Alyx Vance? What a loser!

Wait, I'll just sign in with my alternate accont and vote again! Well, maybe not.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I voted for Mossman. Read the damn thread over again.

Okay, Okay caught me napping there (:ermm:)

I just couldn't like her with that matronly voice: sounded like a school mistress telling-off ... then again, I can see how that might be appealing to some ... :("

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I voted for Mossman. Read the damn thread over again.

Okay, Okay caught me napping there (:lol:)

I just couldn't like her with that matronly voice: sounded like a school mistress telling-off ... then again, I can see how that might be appealing to some ... :huh:"

Really? ;) I would have thought some guys like her because she is a honey-blonde.

http://halflife.ingame.de/gfx/content/half...igh_mossman.jpg

Personally I think Alyx is more interesting

http://halflife.ingame.de/gfx/content/half...s/high_alyx.jpg

Dog just looks awsome

http://halflife.ingame.de/gfx/content/half...rs/high_dog.jpg

Barney :thumbsup:

http://halflife.ingame.de/gfx/content/half...high_barney.jpg

Father Grigori is funny :geek: in a scary kind of way :rolleyes:

http://halflife.ingame.de/gfx/content/half...igh_grigori.jpg

:cool:

How do you see Mossman as a blonde? :thumbsup: I prefer brunettes, anyway (the eyes are important: windows to the soul: I like pretty light ones). :D

Barney is a dude and Father Grigori knows where it's at, and that is rare in this day and age.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How do you see Mossman as a blonde?  :rolleyes:  I prefer brunettes, anyway (the eyes are important: windows to the soul: I like pretty light ones).  :D

Barney is a dude and Father Grigori knows where it's at, and that is rare in this day and age.

Light brown hair is sometimes refered to as honey-blonde :thumbsup: . Alyx is more modern day pretty and more unique looking, but Mossman is more of a traditional pretty and that may be part of why ppl like her in regards to looks.

Heh, :thumbsup: if father grigori didn't "know where it's at", he would have been just another zombie, but he fights like Gordan does, and that coupled with his attitude are what makes him so cool.

Light brown hair is sometimes refered to as honey-blonde  ;) . Alyx is more modern day pretty and more unique looking, but Mossman is more of a traditional pretty and that may be part of why ppl like her in regards to looks.

Light brown hair? * adjusts monitor; scratches head * Looks chestnut, dark-reddish-brown to me. Maybe my eyes need adjusting. *rubs eyes* Maybe my reality has just slipped slightly out of sync with everyone elses ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Maybe my reality has just slipped slightly out of sync with everyone elses ...

You finally noticed. I didn't want to break it to you but...

;)"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Maybe my reality has just slipped slightly out of sync with everyone elses ...

You finally noticed. I didn't want to break it to you but...

:)"

Well, it's a matter of degree: I knew I was out of sync with most of reality, but all of it!? ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Light brown hair is sometimes refered to as honey-blonde  :thumbsup: . Alyx is more modern day pretty and more unique looking, but Mossman is more of a traditional pretty and that may be part of why ppl like her in regards to looks.

Light brown hair? * adjusts monitor; scratches head * Looks chestnut, dark-reddish-brown to me. Maybe my eyes need adjusting. *rubs eyes* Maybe my reality has just slipped slightly out of sync with everyone elses ...

It could be described as light brown, simply because it is not dark brown :thumbsup:

It could be described as light brown, simply because it is not dark brown :shifty:

I still think she's more a redhead that a blonde. (And no, she ain't no strawberry blonde, either.)

I think the phrase you are reaching for is "dirty blonde", and all the connotations that engenders (steady, Baley :shifty: ).

>_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Her hair is far too dark to be "dirty blonde." She's a brunette, unless there's something wrong with monitors at a few different locations and my graphics on my home computer aren't displaying her hair color correctly.

...Buy, hey, one man's brunette might be another man's blonde. Who knows? I'll say that I prefer a dark haired, fair skinned beuty (Not Goth) over a blonde haired, sun-tanned chic any day.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Im playing "follow freeman" now and its extremely annoying with those damn, no-good rebels that insist on following you despite a life expectancy of around 30sec. Its like:

1. Gordon orders you to run to location X, what do you do?

-Stand paralyzed taking fire for while, then I start to slowly move towards X but thats just for a tease cause I go right back to Gordons position, the most dangerous and unprotected roue if possible.

2. Someone shoots at you, what do you do?

-Stand still and take the fire while shooting thin air.

3. A grenade lands dang in the middle of your squad, what do you do?

-Pack ourselves tightly round the nade and wait for it to go off, ideally killing all of us.

And it seems like theyre often shooting blanks because their shots do no damage,.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, I bought Half Life 2 yesterday, after having finished and greatly enjoyed Jade Empire (I'm thinking I'll play it again soon and possibly again and again and again).

I played Half Life and greatly enjoyed it in its time, and played a lot of TFC when it was big, before CS became the only game to play. And this game, Half Life 2, has gotten some absolutely ecstatic reviews ("best game ever" and such). So I thought I had to play it.

But I'm starting to think, as I play this game, that the vanilla first person shooter is dead to me. I'm really not getting it. At all. Where's the sense of fulfilment? The number of usually identical enemies I kill? Maybe if the game kept count or something. But it doesn't. The story? I guess it's alright, but there isn't much of it, really. The characters? Yeah, again, they're alright, but there isn't much of them. Lots of games out there these days with stories and characters to at least compete and often to exceed HL2's, so that can't be all. The graphics are nice, but they're not really any more or less immersive than most games at present. Graphics have reached a bit of a plateau, it seems to me. We've got convincing 3D human characters, and we've had them for a couple years. Developers trying to convince me that the incrementally increased detail on the leg-hair of the fifth-commando-from-right should make all the difference in the world for my interaction with him in a given engine aren't likely to succeed. I played through Doom (the original) a short while back under the Doomsday engine after playing Doom 3 part way through (and getting bored), and enjoyed the prior substantially more, so graphics don't seem to sell even an FPS engine for me.

By way of relevant contrast, I hadn't played Deus Ex until recently, and it's the last FPS style game I played. And honestly, aside from texture resolution, I'm not sure how you could possibly convince me that Half Life 2 is the future of the FPS and Deus Ex the past, putting them side by side (since I played them chronologically side by side). Playing Half Life 2 after Deus Ex, it feels like a giant leap...backwards.