what do you think of episode 3

anakins revenge

What do you think of episode 3 so far?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of episode 3 so far?

• Im excited i think itll be great
    • Its ok, im lookin forward to it
    • i just want to see heads roll and lots of fighting
    • Its not as good as i wanted
    • It blows

I had almost no interest in it beyond "may as well see it since I've seen the others" until I saw the trailer.

Now I'm back to 'well, maybe it won't suck as much as the 1st two.'

If the whole movie can keep the tone of the trailer, I have hopes it'll be good. If it falls into the morass of pitfalls of the previous, then, ugh.

Although, I will say, I bought Attack of the Clones to refresh my memory and if you skip over all the romance (about half the movie) it does play a lot better.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've read the novel already, so I pretty much know what's going to happen. So I'm just interested in seeing how the special effects make the stuff I read about play out on the big screen.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

the soundtrack is pretty cool - "Anakin's Dark Deeds" you can really imagine whats going on there, some sombre stuff sounds like it could be from LOTR.

"Obi-Wan vs Anakin" you can almost see their sabers clashing and locking.

This film will be good, it must be!! or i will explode.

I agree about the topics getting repetitive and boring, but the mod can be pretty nitpicking about these things.

Yeah it seems to be very well done so far...

not really any cheese or anythign to be ashamed of in this one...this is the star wars movie we've all been waiting for, where we can say, I'm proud to love Star wars....

Kevin Smith reviewed it and gave it a really good review....

not really any cheese or anythign to be ashamed of in this one...

Actually, if the novel is anything to go by, there will be a couple of "cheesey" parts. :-"

damn

but it doesn't always go straight by the novel as far as dialogue....if I may...what is the cheese, if ya dig

I aint talking pepper jack or cheddar....

....if I may...what is the cheese, if ya dig

Nothing necessarily big, but various scenes where they'll be fighting, then just as the fight is about to end, one of the characters will make a cheesey dialogue comment.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

the soundtrack is pretty cool  - "Anakin's Dark Deeds" you can really imagine whats going on there, some sombre stuff sounds like it could be from LOTR.

Actually I found the soundtrack to be rather lackluster and dull. Only a few tracks ("Battle of the Heroes", "Grievous talks to Lord Sidious") are actually worth something. TPM's and the OT soundtracks are much better. Perhaps JW has been finally squeezed dry...

As for the topic itself, I'll reserve my opinion until I watch the movie.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm cynical.

I'd like to be able to avoid giving money to a franchise which I feel is so fundamentally undeserving and berift of ideas.

And that desire may suffice to prevent me from going to see Episode III in theatres. I didn't see Episode II in theatres. And by the time it came out on DVD, its utter mediocrity was clear enough to me that I had no desire to bother with seeing it.

At this point, I just wish the Star Wars franchise would die, completely. It's absorbing far too much sci-fi/fantasy community creative energy for such a generic and unimaginative universe. The amount of creativity that Star Wars fans continually demonstrate in reworking the world and its ideas never ceases to impress me. But the fact that all that creativity is being thrown at such a boring one-trick-pony of a fantasy formula depresses me moreso.

At this point, I just wish the Star Wars franchise would die, completely.  It's absorbing far too much sci-fi/fantasy community creative energy for such a generic and unimaginative universe.  The amount of creativity that Star Wars fans continually demonstrate in reworking the world and its ideas never ceases to impress me.  But the fact that all that creativity is being thrown at such a boring one-trick-pony of a fantasy formula depresses me moreso.

in a sense, you are right...if you treat SW as a sci-fi franchise, it sucks. But SW is not really sci-fi, it is a moralistic swashbuckler set in space. Alot of people complained that Ep I was basically a "kid's movie". Know what? they are all kid's movies. They are intentionally simplistic.

I like SW for what it is and I recognize what it is not.

Last time I checked, episode 3 hadn't been released yet.

I read the novelization though. The novel itself is okay, but due to time constraints, a lot of it is going to be cut in the movie. I almost suspect that the movie will just be one lightsaber fight after the other after the other with only a minimal pretense of a plot in between.

I am really looking forward to see it!

Ep 1 & 2 wasn't that bad imo .... could have been much better, sure, but there were some great scenes.

I always have to laugh about people saying Ep 1 & 2 stinks but who have watched each movie for 10 times.

There are a lot of "SW fans" saying Ep3 stinks too without ever seen the movie. How do they know it's a bad film?! :-:huh:

And the guys who are spitting on the idea of the SW series ... omg, lets wait and see whats comin before judgeing it.

At this point, I just wish the Star Wars franchise would die, completely.  It's absorbing far too much sci-fi/fantasy community creative energy for such a generic and unimaginative universe.  The amount of creativity that Star Wars fans continually demonstrate in reworking the world and its ideas never ceases to impress me.  But the fact that all that creativity is being thrown at such a boring one-trick-pony of a fantasy formula depresses me moreso.

in a sense, you are right...if you treat SW as a sci-fi franchise, it sucks. But SW is not really sci-fi, it is a moralistic swashbuckler set in space.

So in other words, it's sci-fi. :-"

All I can say is, the only time Anakin didn't piss me off was in EP4 and above where you don't see his "wanna-punch-in" face, that goes for that damn kid who played him in EP1 too, course you could say it was time for a new dumbass and his merry bunch: Luke, which I'd hardly call an improvement, Hamill was a has-been even before he started acting.

As pathetic as Hamill was as Luke, he could never hope to take the cake from that son of a bitch who played Anakin in EP2, what's the name of that **** faced actor again ? Why the hell did they pick him anyway ? people got shot for less I can tell ya that.

Damnit George, what the hell were you thinking signing up that waste of space for episode 2 ? I mean hey, if you wanna shoot yourself in the foot, that's your business, but you oughta know that by casting that sad **** in Anakin's role you damned Star Wars forever.

posted by Spooky

As pathetic as Hamill was as Luke, he could never hope to take the cake from that son of a bitch who played Anakin in EP2, what's the name of that **** faced actor again ? Why the hell did they pick him anyway ? people got shot for less I can tell ya that

:- omg [/brain off]