Guess what? Crash at Dantooine

Ive read a post similar to this one but not quite the same. I stare at nothing but a black screen with a cursor right after the movie scenes where the Milita begins its attack on the goverment building. I have completed most quests I think. Sounds like the fix mentioned in the other post may cause some of my quests to be reset which is kinda annoying.

Is there any other possible way to work around this yet?

Also, when you come across the Jedi Master in the Kanthar caves, I kill all the Mercs around him but when I go up to talk to him, he just stares blankly at me, no dialouge comes up, im guessin thats not quite right?

Hey HeLLsFuRy :(

I had the same problem on Dantooine. Do you have a former Savegame? This would help you.

Just try this:

Start the Windows-Explorer and then Kotor2

Load a savegame and play again until you are short before the cutscene. You musn't have talked to the leader of the militia at this point. You should be inside Khoonda. Now save. Press Alt-Tab to change to the Windows Explorer. Go to your Kotor2 Directory and open the Gameinprogress Folder (This folder only appears if you are in an active game). Now copy all 6xxDAN.sav datas in an extra folder (I made one inside the Kotor2 directory). Now go back to the game and let the attack begin. During the cutscene you must switch to the explorer again and overrite the 6xxDAN.sav datas with those you have copied before.

I don't know if this will work. I hope it for you. If it works you will be inside Khoonda and facing the mercs.

PS: Thanks to the guys that helped me in my post :wub:

Heya Just Me! Thanks for the reply.

I should not have spoken to the head Mercenary the ENTIRE time im on Dantooine? Or are you reffering to the Head of security in the goverment building?

If so, I have a save immediatly prior to telling him Im ready to finalize the attack.

Sure hope its the latter as one of the first people I spoke to on this planet was the leader of the Militia.

Im somin pissed, just upgraded the hell out of my light saber and havent seen it in action yet!

No no, you could have spoken to him. If you are talking to him (I forgot his name. I think something with "Z"). After you have talked to him you will be in front of the building and talk to the men defending Dantooine. Somewhere in this part your game is writing the bug into your save...

If so, I have a save immediatly prior to telling him Im ready to finalize the attack.

Yes, this is the right gameposition. How i said i don`t know if this will work.

Oh maybe i didn't understand you. Do you defend the city or do you attack it? But whatever, just try it before you say that you are ready for attack.

Hope it works

Andy aka Just_me

Well, the game seems to have fixed itself. Kinda weird. When I was first having problems, Master Vook stayed in his cage and nothing new was happening at the goverment building. I found a save game right before I went into the Konrath caves for the first time. Right off the getgo, things were different. the crazy arm guy commented on the atmospheric sensers, Master Vrook hopped out of his cage on his own. When I left the caves, I had to figh some Mercs (very good ones btw) that sure were not their before and someone planted Mines all around the goverment building. Needless to say, the battle went ahead as it was supposed to and I left the planet.

Thanks for the help Just Me!

BTW-Your name seems familiar, you in CoFR?