Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?

Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?

• Yes (XBox)
    • No (XBox)
    • Yes (PC)
    • No (PC)

Yes, I was satisfied, I played it 3 times, only time-honored classics recieive such attention from me, and there was always something new to be found each time I played.

The story was a good one also, better in many ways then that of K1.

My complaint is mostly with the graphic engine, it's ok, and you can run it to the max without any framerate drops, but it looks dated and somewhat bland. It's use is understandable however, and we got Kotor2 much quicker because of it.

I truly hope there's going to be a third kotor, and hopefully, all the complaints here will not serve to thwart it but to improve it and to allow it to be completed properly.

Overall, it was an excellent game.

KOTOR 1 is by far the best game i have ever played. It doesn't take an extremely complex scenario to make a great game.

KOTOR 2 let me down. The characters had more depth but i (and 99,9% of those who played it) immediately realized that Kreia was going to turn on me. And what of that ridiculous goal of hers to destroy the Force?! Oh, and the ending sucked.

The fact that annoyed me the most though was that they left the game unfinished because they wanted to take the "christmas cash". They just wanted to sell something in a KOTOR2-named box and didn't respect the fans. And when the "content patch" idea came out, they nixed it!!! Total disrespect..

When i say "they" i mean LA. Their public relations are under the Force Crush right now...

So the answer is no.

KOTOR 2 let me down. The characters had more depth but i (and 99,9% of those who played it) immediately realized that Kreia was going to turn on me. And what of that ridiculous goal of hers to destroy the Force?! Oh, and the ending sucked.

It's not like OE were trying to hide it :) ...sheesh :)

What's so ridiculous about destroying the force...you have no clue about what would happend...but you can imagine a galaxy not torn apart by the force users :blink:

The characters had depth? Really? Kreia had no depth. She was one dimensional. Inetrsting character; but not deep. Wanting to destory the force because of unwarranted pure hate is not depth. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

How was it deeper? Becaue Kreia yelled for all to hear:"I will betray you but there's nothing you can do as I'm glued to you even though you firgured out my plot the nmoemnt I wasn't really dead."

WOW!

No. It wasn't deeper. Both KOTORs were middle of the road when it came to depth.

People shoudl realzie one thing - KOTOR2 is a wannabe PST; but it isn't PST. It fails in its lame attempt of dpeth and it embarasses itself and its writer. He should stick to writing PST, and FO2 depth; not pretdn depth like in KOTOR2.... or, evemnw orse, IWD2 depth. LOL

That is all.

I'll have to look at the Credits again then :blink: ...I know he worked on the game but I really don't remeber him being credited as a writer :p

I believe in an interview he stated he wrote the New Reno part, and one other part (section).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Gamespot is retarded. In his own interview that you quoted; he added quests, and interaction. Let me ask you something. How did he manage that without at least doing *some* writing?

I'm satisfied.

I even liked it more than KOTOR1.

KOTOR1 was ... too childish, at times.

KOTOR2 had some new perspective over all the events.

But of course, the fact that KOTOR2 was brutally cut down due to tight development time limits reaaaly upset me.

KOTOR2 was just a schildish, if not more so, than KOTOR1.

Seriosuly, I wanna destory the Force 'cause it's evil and I hate hat hate it 'cause it hurts so much. Talk about childish. o:)

If I want maturity I'll play FO, PST, or JE.

POSITIVES:

KOTOR I: good game, good preteen kind of story. Good sidequests.

KOTOR II: a better game--more mature story.

NEGATIVES:

KOTOR I: everything was right out of Cookie Cutter Stories 101.

KOTOR II: not just the ending was incomplete. I believe they wanted to have NPC side quests but did not have enough time....so they tried to make up for it by burying main story clues in all the NPCs dialog trees....unfortunately, the influence thing was alignment-based and that made it really hard to get at some information.

"KOTOR II: a better game--more mature story."

Why do propogate this myth? How is KOTOR2's story so much more 'mature'?

I mean R00fles!

alot of abstract philosophy (the echo business, the Will of the Force business). although some might see that as Deus Ex Machina instead of true depth. o:)

also, it was grittier (

Atton's past, Mira's past, your teacher is the GREAT ENEMY but you have nothing without her, "cussing", etc

)

this was less "Star Wars" but closer to the world we actually live in.

"KOTOR II: a better game--more mature story."

Why do propogate this myth? How is KOTOR2's story so much more 'mature'?

I mean R00fles!

WOW, I was going to reply seriously to you but then read rest of thread.

Obvious your only trolling here, I havent seen you make one valid comment yet.

If you hated K2 so much why dont you just leave?

nuff said!

PS: Regarding mature, you will understand when you yourself become mature, until then you will just have to take others word for it o:)

None of thos emake it deeper. And, the KOTOR1 npcs had pats just as 'grity' as KOTOR2. Afterall, a certain 13 year old was forced to fend for herself on the streets, and had a lowlife user brother. Her 'aprtner', a wookiee, had his entire planet enslaved by greedy humans as well as his own brother who he has to end up killing...

The will of the force nonsense is nothing but mumbo jumbo which may sound 'deep' on the surface; but in relaity is just nonsenical nonsense that means nothing.

And, to me, it felt like SW in every single way.

So, nope, just extra depth.

Just differing opinions. No worries.