Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?

Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?

• Yes (XBox)
    • No (XBox)
    • Yes (PC)
    • No (PC)

The will of the force nonsense is nothing but mumbo jumbo which may sound 'deep' on the surface; but in relaity is just nonsenical nonsense that means nothing.

It was mumbo jumbo gameplay-wise because it did not affect anything. It would have been awesome if your philosophical views expressed in dialogue significantly changed the course of the game...

For the record, I like the first KOTOR but KOTOR II is the one I replay.

Obvious your only trolling here, I havent seen you make one valid comment yet.

Nah, she's just being a patriotic Canadian! ;)

LOL naaa, IM a Patriotic Canadian :p

I didn't know there was a species called "a Patriotic Canadian"..... :lol::lol:

LOL we a rare bred! heheh

Most Canadians seem to be Liberals so they dont understand the word Patriotic :p

I was satisfied with the game during the 90 first percents of the game. The scenario which is almost all the interest of a KotOR game was one of the best I've ever seen in a game (with, guess what, Planescape Tormet's). Unfortunately as soon as I reached Malachor it began to be plain incoherent regarding how the game ends. A lot of my friends thought there were a least 4-5 hours more before reaching the end and were as disappointed by the actual end as I am.

It has been obviously completely rushed just to please the North American XBox owners with a game for Christmas... The game lacks at least three months of polishing. The worse thing is that none of the "professional tests" I've seen spoted this issue...

Technically, when I played and finished it, I thought "very encouraging beta". Now it seems most of the technical issues are or will be fixed with patches, which is a great thing indeed.

But in my opinion, KotOR II will be as good as the first one only if something is officially done about the totally incoherent ending.

I answered "yes on PC" because the overall impression is very good.

"If you hated K2 so much why dont you just leave?"

Um.. I like KOTOR. I just don't think it's deep. Don't tell me what to do. You aren't my master. There's lots of things I like about KOTOR2. Stop trolling.

"PS: Regarding mature, you will understand when you yourself become mature, until then you will just have to take others word for it "

It's obvious you aren't mature enough to handle diffeirng opinions.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Obvious your only trolling here, I havent seen you make one valid comment yet.

Nah, she's just being a patriotic Canadian! ;)

LOL naaa, IM a Patriotic Canadian :p

I didn't know there was a species called "a Patriotic Canadian"..... :lol::lol:

LOL we a rare bred! heheh

Most Canadians seem to be Liberals so they dont understand the word Patriotic :p

It's better that most Canadians are Liberals rather then Patriotic, I don't have anything against Patriots but it's a small difference between a Patriot and a Nationalist - and does do far more damage then Liberals.... but sometimes it's neccesary for one to be a Nationalist and a Patriot depending on the circumstances and history.... ( this isn't a history lesson you moron... :p ...! )

P.S. Patriots are far more interesting then the boring Liberals...... ;):p:p

Come to think of it....stubborn, thick headed, unwilling to admit being wrong, always thinking they're right....yeah now that you mention it. Volourn could be female. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This threaD isn't supposed to be about me. It's about KOTOR2 not being as mature or deep as silly people seem to think.

"OMG! The force must die!" - BBG from KOTOR2

"OMG! I must die!" - the protagonist from PST."

Still much deeper than the KOTOR2 quote. Once again, you prove that KOTOR2 isn't deep yet PST is. Thank you. :(

At first I thought the game was pretty lame, but I think I had such high expectations for it that I kinda set it for the fall myself. Now, I appreciate it for what it is, and it's pretty good.

Plus, Carth cameo-ed in it, so its definitely good enough for me :(

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

My main problem is that I really don't know what happened in the game. I mean, sure, I got theories (several), but I'm the one doing most of the writing there. I shouldn't have to. KotOR1 had a fairly generic plot, bad guy wants to rule universe, hero stop him (or replace him as may be the case), end of story. Not very original perhaps, but it was a clear and acceptable plot and stories like that have been told and will continue to be told for a long time, simply because it works. KotOR2 had more potential to be interesting, but it wasn't really used. Alright, so

Kreia wants to destroy the force

(at least, I think that's it. It's not 100% certain, and how it would be done and its implications are far from clear). The thing is, I have no idea why. I haven't played it in a while now, so to be fair, I might've forgotten or missed it, but I can't remember anything like that and the game is in a pretty sad state if the main plot doesn't stand out at all. The same goes for most characters, why do they even follow you around? Something about force bonds is mentioned, but that really just seems like a poor excuse so they won't have to bother comming up with some proper reasons. When the game was over, I had more questions than when I started. Not to mention that the ending would've been frustrating enough even if the main plot had been resolved due to the rushed feeling and complete lack of anything involving the other characters.

Sorry, but I'm not satisfied when a game leaves me thinking "what the hell? Is that it?".

Whether or not you can believe it as a plausible reason is up to you, but the game does tell you why Kreia does what she did and why she did it. I forget the exact details, but it basically had to do with a)her being stripped of the Force b)her being in awe of the Exile being able to cut themselves off from the Force on their own doing and c)wanting revenge on a whole bunch of Force-sensitives that did her wrong.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)