When it all comes down to KOTOR II!

Guest MacleodCorp

Guest MacleodCorp

When it all comes down to KOTOR II!

As I read through KOTOR II's forums here at Obsidian, I see alot of complaining about the game function, storylines, and what have you. Some are mad at this, and some are mad at that. KOTOR series has been a dramatic impact on Star Wars fans. I myself have complained about multiple nuances, and glitches. However, despite all these problems, there is just a few questions to ask:

[/b]Did you enjoy playing the game?...Did you have fun?...

I shore the hell did! How about you? (w00t)

I too enjoyed it, warts and all. I think a lot of gripes surround the ending and the cut material. I don't think people would have complained (as much :D ) if these two aspects were not present. I believe people started to complain right after they finished playing, with the terrible ending fresh in their minds. I also don't think that poeple would have complained so much if they didn't like the game in the first place. You get through a mostly enjoyable game to end it on a sour note. This just ticked people off, and people came to the boards to vent there anger and their displeasure at the people who ruined an otherwise great game. If the game was bad all around, you might get a few gripes, but not to the extent that we see in these boards. People spent a fair amount of time playing the game only to have it end abruptly. With all the time spent, it's no wonder people were ticked off. But I think a lot of fans will be happy once the game is returned to its full form thanks to the group of modders that often appear on this forum. :thumbsup:

I for one enjoyed playing the game immensley. There were characters I liked and characters I hated as with all RPG's. My only gripe here was that there was little closure with some of them.

Visias Marr was an exception and I enjoyed the scene where the two of you link. This was a well thought out aspect that was an excellent substitue for a simple kiss or a gratuitous sex scene. Far more emotional and symbollic of love.

Like many others my enjoyment dropped during the final stages. These have already been covered many times by other users though so I wont go into the abrupt and tacked on ending.

I shall now wait for The Restoration Project to complete their stellar work before playing the game again.

This game was just beatiful. I really don't care about the deleted content, or the open-ending. It's been soo long since I enjoyed a western RPG this much. Kotor1 was a very good, but it still didn't escape the cliche storyline that most RPGs have these days.

Loved it, actually. I'm rarely able to replay any RPG without letting at least a month or so lapse, so my current fourth run-through (I got it late) probably speaks for itself. Loved the depth of the story, the moral ambiguity, Atton, the ability to influence my party members' alignment - all that stuff. Hate the end, of course, but the end was only about 2% of an otherwise engrossing game.

Oh, and uh, hi. Now that I seem to have emerged from lurkdom, I should probably be polite and say hello *waves*

The problem isn't that the game sucks. The problem is that the game DOESN'T suck. The game is excellent, it's wonderful, it's stupendous . . . I'm gonna run out of superlatives soon o_O It's the ending that sucks. It hits you so hard and horribly because you go through this amazing game and love every second of it, then suddenly, a horrid ending. If the whole game had been average or below average, the ending wouldn't be bad in comparison and we wouldn't be complaining. But it's because the game was so good that the ending just doesn't add up, which makes for a very bitter taste in our mouths.

In a way, it's a backwards, vicious compliment. It shows that they did such an amazing job with the game that we can really see it and really feel it when it drops off.

:blink:
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Like the blessed Sith guy, I loved the game, that is the game that was there. I didn't like the ending, but then I didn't like the ending of VMBL either. Still loved both games for the rest of them though.

Never really had any technical issues except for the things usually listed (music quality, low res FMV's etc.). But then, if you survive the bugfest that is BG2 (just look at the number of fixes in Baldurdash), NWN (after 65 patches, It still has known issues) and Kotor1 (which after 3 patches still has a game stopping bug in the middle) you get thick skinned, shrug it off and enjoy the game (especially since the number of CTD's can be counted on one hand in four games).

The only thing that seriously detracted was the feeling here and there that things had obviously "gone missing" :blink:

What was there was good fun.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"BG2 (just look at the number of fixes in Baldurdash),"

BG2 wasn't buggy. Baldurdash is full of crap. I played the game multiple times, and quite frnakly its lists of bugs are either rules changes or simply not bugs.

"NWN (after 65 patches, It still has known issues)"

First off, don't make things up. Secondly, NWN still has bugs; but it's a much more complex game than KOTOR2. Afterall, 99% of NWN's patches have nothing to do with the main game.

"Kotor1 (which after 3 patches still has a game stopping bug in the middle)"

KOTOR had bugs; but nowhere near the level of KOTOR2. That's a fact.

"especially since the number of CTD's can be counted on one hand in four games)."

Bug wise, CTDs is not KOTOR2's problem. I, too, have not had much CTDs in KOTOR2. No wors than KOTOR in that regard. It's all the OTHER bugs that ar ethe problem.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BG2 wasn't buggy. Baldurdash is full of crap. I played the game multiple times, and quite frnakly its lists of bugs are either rules changes or simply not bugs.

Just remeber the Jaheira romance bugs :blink: ...that game had bugs...but not a lot compared to its size :p

As for K1 and K2 ...let's just say K1 had way more bugs on my PC

K2 ran flawlesly on it :D

K2's problems are unfortunately compability ones :p

"Just remeber the Jaheira romance bugs"

I remember others suffeirng from them; but not me. I did her romance right out fo the box with no patches and no problems.

" ...that game had bugs...but not a lot compared to its size"

Yup. No doubt the game had bugs; but nothing epidemic considering its size.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Guest MacleodCorp
I too enjoyed it, warts and all.  I think a lot of gripes surround the ending and the cut material.  I don't think people would have complained (as much :D ) if these two aspects were not present.  I believe people started to complain right after they finished playing, with the terrible ending fresh in their minds.  I also don't think that poeple would have complained so much if they didn't like the game in the first place.  You get through a mostly enjoyable game  to end it on a sour note.  This just ticked people off, and people came to the boards to vent there anger and their displeasure at the people who ruined an otherwise great game.  If the game was bad all around, you might get a few gripes, but not to the extent that we see in these boards.  People spent a fair amount of time playing the game only to have it end abruptly.  With all the time spent, it's no wonder people were ticked off.  But I think a lot of fans will be happy once the game is returned to its full form thanks to the group of modders that often appear on this forum. :blink:

[quote name='Bless

Guest MacleodCorp

I never played PS:T, BG2! I have played the first Fall Out! I didn't like Fall Out much, but that does not mean it was good or bad. At the time, I was not into RPG, so I don't have a point of view in that catagory!