Jedi Order Collapsed or Collapsing

Which game story setting would you rather play in? (RPG or shooter)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which game story setting would you rather play in? (RPG or shooter)

• Jedi Order collapses during the game time frame (ala Episode III)
    • Already collapsed/destroyed like it is in most games

This I suppose is a pretty minor point in the scope of the whole game, but would you prefer a game in an Episode III type setting where the Jedi Order suddenly falls apart around the player during the game, or the way it is now like in KotOR 2 and the Jedi Knight games.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

They should make a game where we can collapse the Republic for once...

Playing a clone trooper/storm trooper...or Dark Jedi...

Or such...

I totally agree...I wanna a game where you can finish off the Republic :blink:

Yeah, and also being able to raid the Jedi temple and kill them all, it would be better then fighting 3 crippled Jedi...that was sorta weak in KotOR 2, and in KotOR 1 you can't even fight any Jedi except those on your team. <_<

Fear of Yoda is a path to the dark side...

Why can't we do a quest where the fate of the galaxy doesnt hang in the balance.

I would like a an rpg where you start out as a youngling, go through all the stuff jedi do lik ethe trials to become a knight and end at some battle and then take on a padawan - just a ranting idea but the point is that saving the galaxy again and again is boring

Why can't we do a quest where the fate of the galaxy doesnt hang in the balance.

It doesn't have to be a case where the fate of the galaxy is in your hands, like it is now.

As said, so far it has been "the Republic is on the verge of collapse", but what the first poll option is supposed to represent is an Episode III level of collapse, where they go from perfectly fine and in-control to completely doomed.

Heh, I guess maybe I'm just after a "Jedi Knight: Revenge of the Sith" game :)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Well, Kotor 3 has probably been set up for another 'galaxy in the balance' deal. Since the Jedi have been scattered/killed, I would suppose it would involve the reconstruction of the order, although that may be something that has just happened, or something in which you're closely involved.

Post Kotor 3, there's scope for an RPG based in the Kotor universe, but not galaxy-shattering events. That's got to be 2010 at the earliest, surely.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

To be honest I am getting sick of this "the Republic verges on collapse" storyline.

I agree with this.

Would you consider Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy to be under this description too. I sorta think yes and no - cos if you fail there'll be nothing to stop them, but I don't think it's mentioned with fanfare where it's all down to you.

sigpic0yb.jpg