Kotor the book!

Has anyone read the official book of ROTS? its written by Matt Stover who i actually met in person. There are rumors about him writing a Kotor book.

read it yourself:

He mentioned that as far as other Star Wars work, he had heard about a Knights of the Old Republic era book that would be inspired by the Holy Grail quest.

here's the link from TheForce.net: http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/C3_...venge_91654.asp

As long as it's a book in the KOTOR era and not one that's about Revan or the Exile. That would be bound to piss off too many people. "Ha! Revan has an outtie! Get back in the kitchen, women!"

No, no, we have enough of that around here already.

i agree. It certainly would piss me off. Besides what is the point in reading a book if you know the scenario beforehand?

As long as it's a book in the KOTOR era and not one that's about Revan or the Exile.

Agreed. We already know the story of Revan and the Exile. No sense in writing a novel about it.

KOTOR era=yes

KOTOR game story=no

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As long as it's a book in the KOTOR era and not one that's about Revan or the Exile. That would be bound to piss off too many people. "Ha! Revan has an outtie! Get back in the kitchen, women!"

Get those shoes off, and where's my dinner?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

They should novelize TOTJ:Redemption.

As long as it's not written by Kevin J. Anderson. ;)"

Funny cause Anderson was fully responsible for Redemption's creation and freed of Veitch's influence he created masterpiece at last.

I can't believe how dumb assh... you are, if you're denying the obvious fact that Anderson is the sole author of Redemption.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

^^^^^blah blah blah blah, kiss Kevin J. Anderson's ass while you've got your head up there

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Try Aaron Allston's Wraith Squadron or Greg Keyes Edge of Victory or

Kevin Anderson's Tales of the Jabba Palace/Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina or James Luceno Labirynth of Evil

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I liked Redemption and the TOTJ series in general. But the quality is still pretty bad.

Redemption was poorly plotted by Anderson; The pacing was off, and there were too many subplots going on. What worked for it was: Chris Gossett's art, the personal nature of the story, and the redemption theme. The story was fine, but KJA botched its execution.

It's easily the best of the TOTJ series, but KJA is still a relatively poor writer.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I need a good SW wars book to read in english class, My teacher just doesn't pay attention so its either read or talk to the pricks in my class  :thumbsup:

Avoid Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Academy series. :wacko:

Timothy Zahn's books could be used as a litmus test for EU novels:

Heir to the Empire

Dark Force Rising

The Last Command

If you like them, then you could branch out. Unfortunately I did, and didn't like what I read.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I need a good SW wars book to read in english class, My teacher just doesn't pay attention so its either read or talk to the pricks in my class  :thumbsup:

Avoid Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Academy series. :wacko:

Hey, those are good books. Don't listen to Leferd. Also, try out Republic Commando: Hard Contact. That was a great book.

About Kevin J. Anderson and TOTJ. I liked the stuff about the Great Sith War well enough, but I thought the stuff about the Great Hyperspace War (i.e. Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire) was really poorly written. I'll admit I haven't read any of Kevin J. Anderson's X-Wing or Jedi Academy series but he doesn't seem like that good of a writer to me.

Just my opinion.

About Kevin J. Anderson and TOTJ. I liked the stuff about the Great Sith War well enough, but I thought the stuff about the Great Hyperspace War (i.e. Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire) was really poorly written. I'll admit I haven't read any of Kevin J. Anderson's X-Wing or Jedi Academy series but he doesn't seem like that good of a writer to me.

Just my opinion.

Well, I enjoyed the Jedi Academy series. I haven't read the x-wing books yet though.

As long as it's a book in the KOTOR era and not one that's about Revan or the Exile.

Agreed. We already know the story of Revan and the Exile. No sense in writing a novel about it.

KOTOR era=yes

KOTOR game story=no

How illogical. All of the SW trilogy/prequel movies are written novels. Even Episode III novel is just out. And don't forget comic books. You can't read them all in one lifetime.

It makes perfect sense as long as they make a profit from writing it, and I as with many people would by the book regardless of it's content because I'm a big fan of the Star Wars franchise as are many many people.

But the movies are the same for everyone that is why a novelisation of them works.

The kotor games are different for everyone. So unless they made a book for each gender/alignment/class/name (which would be highly unlikely) it would a bad idea to write a book based on these games

What if they write one book and people who like it will buy it for $$ and the people who don't like it don't really have to go out of their way to buy it. They take a poll to see what the majority wants. As with all things, you can't please everyone.

And in speculation, I don't know what the big deal with some people is since Star Wars isn't really a feminist charity organization. :blink:"

Well, actually, I don't think it's going to be a book based on KOTOR because he said it would be based on the Holy Grail quest of Arthurian legend. While this is similar in several ways to searching for the Star Forge I don't think they would have mentioned that if it was the same story.

Agreed.

A novelisation of either KOTOR would disappoint many people. You can't write about a character that people have created themselves.

Set in the general era is fine, even if there are some small cameos from game characters, events which take place alongside game events but have no effect on them (eg maybe being involved somewhere in Onderon's civil war) or just simply visiting planets and places where Revan/Exile have been, or are going to be.

As for other books. I quite enjoyed the Heir series simply because I loved the character of Thrawn but I have really just stuck to the X-Wing series, hence my female Exile's name being Carrie Horn.