Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?

The whole concept of Revan falling to the DS because he had to was BS, IMO.  The only reason Obsidian did that was to make him seem like a hero no matter what he did.  Revan, I think, felt he needed to use the DS to accomplish his goal, but then became corrupted by it and his lust for power and eventually forgot about saving the Republic. 

I tend to agree, but Kreia wouldn't have seen it that way, since she would not like to think that her greatest student was a failure too. I like how they did in K2 - they just suggested that maybe, just maybe, Revan never failed, but instead made a sacrifice.

What's good about is that it's up to the individual player - did Revan fall or did he sacrifice himself - your choice! It really doesn't make much difference either way, but in one he is a failure and in the other he is a martyr - you choose.

Personally I tend to think that Revan made the same choice as Ulic did - he chose a sacrifice to conquer the darkness, but though he made that sacrifice willingly, he was still overpowered by the dark side and corrupted by it. As Yoda would say, "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny!" Or as Luke puts it at the end of the "Dark Empire I" comic books, "One Jedi cannot conquer the dark side alone. I made a big mistake... I thought I had to save the galaxy all by myself. But the Way of the Jedi is not a solitary path. Many have died defending the Truth... many are together in this great war... Together in the Force!"

while all the Jedi except two were lying in their graves.

I thought there were more than two, and Palpatine knew it. IIRC, he left some Jedi around but he kept them under a VERY short leash

You're thinking of force sensitives and I'd still find that hard to believe. There were no Jedi left except for Yoda and Obi-Wan. That EU crap is just rediculous. <_<

He did train dark Jedi every so often but had them killed once they completed their function. There is absolutly no way that any light jedi survived unless they were in a place of darkness so they looked grey from a distance.

No Revan wasn't the Ultimate Sith lord. Nor was Exile. It was Exar Kun or Qel-Droma.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 5 months later...
Well how come Revan didn't forsee his apprentice's betrayal? The only reason he survived is because the Jedi's mercy, any other way and he would have been as good as dead.

Sidious had alot less too work with, he didn't have a star forge, he didn't have alot of Jedi Masters to train him, he didn't have an army yet he managed to conquer the galaxy with what he had, Revan had all that and more...and yet he was not able to accomplish what Sidious did.

Revan also was not so "wise", if he was so "wise", and planned ahead, why didn't he do a little sabotaging the republic while they still trusted him? No he had to display his power without delay, sure he was able to turn alot of the Republic's army against them...but he could have done much more with the trust the Republic had for him at the time.

But again, the answer to this question is nothing but one's opinion.

I agree. Revan was very cool and one of my favorites of all SW. But how could you not forsee your apprentice betraying you. ;)

well it IS the way of the Sith to betray their master eventually but it could be because Revan was too focused on the war against the Jedi Council because he never saw the Republic as a threat which was mentioned in KOTOR2 btw

Revan's intentions was never to control the galaxy for his own purposes but to prevent a greater evil from taking over as Kreia mentioned.

though i think he had his hood because as Kreia mentioned, that he might never have truly fallen to the dark side, bcos ur face will get all messed up if ur DS. :)

so the True Sith out there would think that the galaxy was being led by an evil ruler and not a good one which they of course despise and do somethin about which he couldnt allow which is why he became the Dark Lord in the first place =P

but perhaps Revan foresaw Malak's betrayal and allowed it to happen because he knew he'd have to leave everything behind in order to go into the Unknown Regions in order to fight against the True Sith and maybe because he realized that his followers were too much DS to create a peaceful galaxy under his rule or because he knew of the danger the Star Forge posed to him, bcos he DID study the Rakatans history and how the Star Forge caused them to lose their connection to the Force and turn on each other

but i think that Revan was in fact a master of Potentium like Jolee so people wouldnt know which side he was on, like Kreia.

Not only was he a genius on strategic warfare which none of the Echani has never achieved btw but also for the creation of HK-47 :D

and oh yeah Kreia also said that it may have been somethin that threatened his home in the Unknown Regions which made him go out there

sidious however only had to issue a command to the clone army and the creation of the clone army had been planned for several years and by that jedi master what-ever-his-name-was-maybe-sidious-in-his-younger-days so they could kill the pathetically weak jedi and he couldnt even defeat mace windu and never really showed any other skill than Force Lighting which could be repelled with lightsiber and preyed on anakins arrogance & interest in what the DS could do and if it would bring them more power and just crushed every resistance with his army pretty much like malak. but Revan however held the galaxy in his grasp within mere months even though the republic was fighting and dying and still not being considered a threat bcos the real battle was between the jedi and the converted jedi was probably recruiting them in order to fight the True Sith even though he probably killed them all when in his conquest to defeat Malak and free the galaxy and return to the Unknown Regions.

Revan can be considered the most powerful sith lord, at the end of kotor 2 how Darth Traya talks of how revan left all the people he knew behind so that he could go to an unkown galaxy to gather the Real Sith for a battle, or something along those lines, that brings the obvious question of how did the new jedi order come to life if revan amasses the true sith : /

Revan can be considered the most powerful sith lord, at the end of kotor 2 how Darth Traya talks of how revan left all the people he knew behind so that he could go to an unkown galaxy to gather the Real Sith for a battle, or something along those lines, that brings the obvious question of how did the new jedi order come to life if revan amasses the true sith : /

WTF u are talking about :p

Revan went to fight against them.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

WTF u are talking about :p

Revan went to fight against them.

Um yes that's true but the thing i told Atton that revan rallied the sith therfore Carth and bastilla never show up in the cutscene's and revan goes to rally the sith, my first play through of kotor 2 carth replaces one of the generals, and he sayes something to bastilla, thats if you tell atton revan saved the republic.

Edited by Sith_Apprentice

If u tell Atton "rally thing" you mean sith in Korriban, not TS. Revan went to fight them, both as Jedi and Sith Lord.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Not sure I want to wade into this inane topic, but...

There is no 'Ultimate Sith Lord' :o

What the heck does it mean to be an "Ultimate Sith Lord" anyway? :lol:

If there where such a person, it would be either:

1) Vader

2) Palpatine/Sidious

Or :x

3) Exar Kun

Yes, Revan is a genius, but so was Sidious and he was more effective, if a little less brazen.

Yes, Revan is powerful, but Exar kun [and most other ancient Sith Lords], Vader, Luke, and (probably) Palpatine eclipse Revan in terms of pure force potential.

And most of the Jedi listed above have a greater knowledge of the force than Revan... :rolleyes:

The problem with this thread topic is that Revan is not your stereotypical bloodthirsty, maniac Sith. Revan is not exactly evil. He/She is a gray character who is fueled by ambition and careless of the costs of achieving his/her goals.

Therefore, it is difficult to judge Revan in terms of pure evil because the only evil thing the character did was betray the republic and start a war :thumbsup:

(Malak was the sadistic maniac of the pair)

Revan is more like Ulic Qel-Droma. He/She is a strong, proactive character - a gifted lightsider who fell and became a cold and calculating psychopath.

Soooo.... NO, Revan is not the ultimate sith lord :)

Edited by Sentry

The Exile could be considered the ultimate Jedi, but I'm not 100% sure on Revan being the ultimate Sith Lord, though he does make the list

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

revan, malak, exar kun, ulic qel droma, nihilus and sion were all dark jedi who wanted sith power. but all of them were controled by the dark side only. an ultimate sith lord would be someone like darth sidious, who never "fell" to the darkside.

wtf? :blink:

Of course Palpy falled to dark side. And btw, Revan was nearly ultimate Sith Lord, but he was ultimate jedi! :D (shoo Ani, shoo)

Revan was the best sith lords of this era. She had the power, the army and the means to bend others wills to her own. She destroyed the Madolorians and brought them down to their knees. They never were the same after the war. Such greatness was Revan.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I think for his trime, Revan was the most powerful Sith Lord of All. His strength was is knowlege of betrayal, sacrifice, gambles, and he possested a very clear head. This puts him above many fat headed sith wannabes that came before and after him. I think he was even more powerful than Exar Kun, because he was cooling calculating rather than a hot head.

He knew everything that could be taught from Malachor.

Kreia knew pain in a way somewhat similar to Sion buy not exactly, she could take a heck of a lot of hits. Revan took that serious hit on his ship and survived. That takes some strength. I know Bastila lived, but she mostly just stumbled, Revan took most of that hit. This one I can back up the least but hey it's something.

He did not know hunger, but he knew the ability to feed to sustain and heal himself. IMO, he taught that to Malak (who used it on the SF) and he taught it to all of his students to an extent.

He knew betrayal, and understood it. According to Kreia, without such things, we would not be able to live or something like that. Without his betrayal of the Jedi, the galaxy and republic would be lost. Also, like Kreia said, the betrayer would know betrayal, and in turn be betrayed. He betrayed the republic and the jedi. His apprentice betrayed him.

Like the exile, though to a much less extent, he lived without the force, if only for a short time, but this just made hime much, much stronger.

He also made force bonds and was able to command people to betray those they loved and respected, to turn on innocents.

He seems to me like the most powerful MF to ever exist, even greater than the exile and all others before him. My favorite SW char by far.

Just a bit of speculation, though some of it is poorly backed up, so please either fill in the hole or shut me down. Debate!

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!

Suvam on the Yavin Space Station Said that Exar Kun is more powerful than Revan comes to being an Sith Lord.

Exar Kun might be stronger but Revan is Smarter.

For it has been Said that Exar Kun is the Most Powerful of the Sith Lords and Emperor Palpitine is the Darkest of the Sith Lords.

I don't know how powerful Exar Kun really is because I haven't read the comic related to him.

But the Emperor is an evil bastard.

I do think Revan is within the top 10 most powerful Sith Lords and Jedi Knights's Lists.

Revan shoulda been Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Heck, he mighta done better than Palpatine

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Revan shoulda been Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Heck, he mighta done better than Palpatine

She would have danced circles around Palpatine. Revan is the best. The best there is, the best there was, the best that will ever be.

I don't consider someone who failed was he was trying to do to the point where the exact opposite happened, to be the best at something. I want to replace the republic with my empire wich will be stronger and more capable to defend the galaxy. oh wait, I failed, and now the galaxy is collapsing. well, let's go hide in the unknown region and try to redeem myself some day

He cant be the most powerfull sith Lord because Kreia tells you if you faced a Acinent Sith Lord you would be a child with a toy I dont think Revan is any exception

Only Kreia's argument in game that I didnt like at all. It was most stupidest thing I've ever heard. There isn't any proof. For me: Kreia is only nostalgial (or whatev)