Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?

So your saying Revan had the force on the Endar Spire and Taris?

Urm, yeah- exactly that. Much like how Anakin "had the Force" when he was a nine year old kid and racing pods. Did you see him using Force chokes on his opponents? No. Did that mean he wasn't using the Force to win? No.

I mean, as Bastila tells you when you first meet her- only a Jedi could have accompished the things Revan did on Taris, and only by drawing heavily on the Force. Was he zapping and healing and mind tricking? Nope, but he was probably experiencing a great degree more "luck" than his enemies don't you think?

He was deafened to it as the result of his amnesia.

No he wasn't, and besides, he didn't get amnesia after Malachor V... so...

Though, having said that - I do think the Jedi Council *thought* Revan's connection to the Force had been lost (hence Bastila's very real surprise when she finds out you're tapping into it) and were just intending on using him as a faithful Republic lapdog whose mind Bastila could dive into to uncover the secrets of the Star Forge.

Anyway- as for the question:

Was Revan the ultimate Sith Lord?

Allow me to quote from the Revenge of the Sith Novel:

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power.  He showed nothing of what might be within.  Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon.  Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was aboslute, perfect nothingness.  Darkness beyond darkness. 

A black hole in the Force.

Rest, my case I do.

(Interesting how that seems to mirror the Exile/Nilihus and the True Sith that Kreia kept harping on about... seems like the KotORs are going to link to the movies....)

Revan is/was awesome. But even if you want to think he was more powerful in the Force than Palpatine (I tend to place them at an equal level) you cannot say he was a better Sith Lord than Palpatine... I mean, like it or not- Revan was redeemed (official ending) and was never really fully consumed by the dark side... such characteristics do not befit the "Ultimate Sith Lord"...

Vader could still take both Revan and Palpatine no matter what. I guess i'm just a hardcore vader fan. :shifty: Anyways, I do agree the palpatine acomplished the most in the way og controlling most of the galaxy. And no he did not kill the old Jedi order, it was it's own members fault for withdrawing and abandoning it.

Naw, the best Sith was...Bastila! >_<

lol, seriosly though, Palpatine was almost invincible, if his pesky apprentice didn't kill him. BUT, maybe he did forsee his death, and allowed it to happen! After all, his reincarnation did manage to turn Luke to the Dark Side, for a short time. Yes, things are going just as he has forseen...

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Revan was stronger than any other Jedi or Sith or any other. He embraced Sith teachings fully and he *never* fell to the darkside. He used it as a tool like the star forge. Of course this makes him a horrible sith lord I agree. He was quite ignorant though, in thinking that Malak, the Jedi that became his Sith assasins, and his other dark jedi in thinking they would not fall like he did. I think that is why he thought Malak would not betray him.

Marka Ragnos? No, Sadow was better than him. And Sadow sucks compared to Revan.

Vader wasn't that great. He experience a tad of lightning as was mortally wounded. Luke was getting the whole of it and still dragged Vader back to his beated up shuttle. Vader was pretty kick ass though, but quite blind before he discovered Luke.

That whole thing with the forseeing his death to clone himself is the only EU that I hate, just BS to attempt to explain the aftermath. Everyone knows if you die, you don't transfer to your next body. Those were merely others with the same thoughts. Stupid IMO.

In the movies though he was cool. I hate him in the prequels though. How could you not? In the OT he gave me chills and seriouly was my favorite dude ever. The prequels kind of gave me a different impression, especially ep 2. I thought they never suspected him at all until he called himself galactic emperor after the jedi were dead except for Yoda who hid amongst the darkside on degobah. Which gives me another question. Yoda was hidden amongst the darkside aura, but Obi-Wan was on Vader's homeworld and was never once discovered.

Also, Kreia explained that Revan had the same power as the exile, the ability to convince others to follow but not at the same level. Revan used those DS teachings to do it, but the exile was greater because even when strictly following the light could use it without the knowledge.

Another thing, Revan could not explain that the dark teachings were the answer to the threat, that was the answer and the would never have it. Besides, what they felt was not the true sith, it was Revan's hidden war of conversion. Anywho, when he remembered what he did, he had to go fight them alone, no fleet, no endless army, no stupid apprentice, nothing, alone.

Revan was smarter than you give him credit for, and the emperor is stronger than I give him credit for I admit.

So for those of you who think Sidious is the best, look up Revan in the chronicles and other places whereever you find infor, that will show you my point of view. I myself will look up the Emperor and see your point of view, then maybe we can meet at a center.

I'll do that now.

Revan in the end is a uberlamer that only the uberlame like :blink:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What I like to believe was that Revan let the Star Forge corrupt his mind, cause he felt responsible for all the Jedi that lost their lives on Malachor.

From the Ep 3 book it turns out that Palps is the greatest sith lord, screw all the EU nonsense he is it.

Regarding vader, even though i hate the whole bit with midichlorians to explain the force, it serves as a good explanation as to why vader is much less powerful post immolation, than pre.

Revan is lame all his "power" is hearsay and in the game if you autolevlled him badlay he is a crappy jedi/sith.

From the Ep 3 book it turns out that Palps is the greatest sith lord, screw all the EU nonsense he is it.

Regarding vader, even though i hate the whole bit with midichlorians to explain the force, it serves as a good explanation as to why vader is much less powerful post immolation, than pre.

Revan is lame all his "power" is hearsay and in the game if you autolevlled him badlay he is a crappy jedi/sith.

Yes...Paladin Boy pwns Revan :D

revan was truly great because he did not take sides, he was neutral, he could see above light and dark and fought for the greater good by using both, he was on a whole other level from the jedi and sith

sidious was probably the more powerful of the two and was more manipulative and cunning but if you gave each one a starfleet and half the galaxy each i would doubt sidious would come on top

you also have to remember sidious's original plan failed in ep 1

so he was far from a perfect master planner

People, people... the ultimate Sith Lord was Darth Jar Jar Binks...

So ultimate in fact that he can scare fanboys and fangirls alike at the mere mention of his name...

Launch

P.S. Damn, he was evil :rolleyes:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

you also have to remember sidious's original plan failed in ep 1

so he was far from a perfect master planner

Did it? what do you think his plan was? His ultimate plan was to rule the galaxy and becoming supreme chancellor was a very good first step.

In fact he achieved his goal in episode 2 with the creation of the clone army and and being granted emergency powers to act without the senate.

People, people... the ultimate Sith Lord was Darth Jar Jar Binks...

So ultimate in fact that he can scare fanboys and fangirls alike at the mere mention of his name...

Launch

P.S. Damn, he was evil  :lol:

I agree with that. I would take some Force Ligthning abuse from Palpatine any day over JJ's Force(d) Funny-Talk.