Was Nihilus supposed to be Revan?

I never saw anything like that.

I saw it say Revan knew of the dark power of the place and used that (positioned that battle there) to take advantage of it, but nothing that said Revan was on the surface at the time. Even as powerful as Revan might have been, he/she couldn't have expected to survive the Mass Shadow Generator.

Bao specifically says that Revan was not at the battle.

Illbleed mentions Kreia saying something, but I've never heard her say Revan was at Malachor during the battle in some 13 games.

It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for Revan and Nihilus to be the same at any point. Even with interesting conjecture, this is the proof.

Nihilus wiped out Visas's people. She was the last one left and she was just a child and has been with him forever and a day. If Nihilus was Revan, why no mention of Revan by her? And why wasn't Revan's destruction of the Miraluka and all those Jedi ever mentioned? I'm pretty sure wiping out a whole species save one taken as an apprentice would generate SOME gossip.

Not to mention the Star Forge. Why would NihilusRevan! be using a craptastic ship when he/she'd have the Star Forge at his/her disposal.

And Visas explicitly says that Nihilus is "a man". Even with all the dialogue mistakes as to Revan's gender, that's a bit to exact to be a mistake.

As mentioned, Revan could have been LS. But my main point is the first one.

The stories between them are way to different for them to have ever emerged from the same plot point. Maybe the look of Nihilus was spawned from Revan, who knows, I don't know. But there's no way Nihilus was originally Revan.

Seems like everyone hates Vrook. But how could Vrook be Darth Nihilus if you/Kreia killed him?

But that was added later...originally Vrook left Dantooine just before the Kreia zapping if you were LS and if you were DS he would have druged you and sneaked out during the Koonda conflict :lol:

How does everyone know things like that and I don't?! :lol:

I never saw anything like that.

I saw it say Revan knew of the dark power of the place and used that (positioned that battle there) to take advantage of it, but nothing that said Revan was on the surface at the time.  Even as powerful as Revan might have been, he/she couldn't have expected to survive the Mass Shadow Generator.

Bao specifically says that Revan was not at the battle.

Illbleed mentions Kreia saying something, but I've never heard her say Revan was at Malachor during the battle in some 13 games.

I'm fairly certain I saw a statement on one of the loading screens on Malachor V which stated he was on the surface at the time, channeling the dark energies of the Trayus Academy to manipulate the space battle overhead. I could be remembering wrong, so I'll have to check again later, but that's what I thought I saw.

I agree, though, it would seem strange that Revan managed to survive the activation of the Mass Shadow Generator if he was still on its surface at the time.

Then again, I think it was suggested that there were others who somehow managed to avoid death in the clutches of the Mass Shadow Generator. The Exile, of course. His flagship -- or whatever it was that he was in -- may not have gotten caught up in its range, but he was certianly present at the space battle nonetheless. Bao-Dur, too. It seemed fairly clear that Darth Nihilus was a survivor of the Mass Shadow Generator, too. Even moreso in his case, since, if he was truly there during the final battle of the Mandalorian Wars, he was most likely caught up right in the Mass Shadow Generator's range, seeing as he ended up at the Trayus Academy and whatnot. Kreia seemed to suggest that Darth Sion -- along with possibly several of his followers and Darth Nihilus' followers -- were present at the final battle of the Mandalorian Wars. (She said they were "born from the Mandalorian Wars".) Heck, if Kreia herself was truly Master Arren Kae, as others on this forum have theorized, she was there as well, and, if so, was quite obviously caught up in the Mass Shadow Generator, since she must've ended up at the Trayus Academy. It seemed to me that it was implied that everyone present at the final battle of the Mandalorian Wars was either killed by the Mass Shadow Generator or engulfed by the dark energies of Malachor V itself, either of which occuring at nearly the same time. Meaning that if there were any survivors of the Mass Shadow Generator, they were almost immediately converted to the Dark Side of the Force. That was the impression I got anyway.

I mentioned in another thread that Revan may have planned the activation of the Mass Shadow Generator (or at least expected it or prepared for it), suggesting that Revan may have even manipulated the starfleet he sent to Malachor V and using a variation of "Battle Meditation" for the sake of creating a difficult standstill that would force the Exile to fall back on activating the Mass Shadow Generator. It would make sense that Bao-Dur would've told a different story, in that case, since Revan most likely would not have admitted to being on the surface at the time (at least not until after the Mandalorian Wars were over). I mean, how would he explain it? I imagine he would've preferred to keep the existence of the Trayus Academy itself a secret, particularly since it seemed like he wasn't at all confident in the loyalties of those present, and presumably there would've been no other reason whatsoever for him to be on the planet's surface. Maybe Revan was on the surface during the space battle, then simply fled the planet's surface in a private shuttle and left before the Mass Shadow Generator was activated.

Anyway, I'll have to check out Malachor V again and see if that loading screen I remember was really there.

I would think most of the damage and deaths inflicted by the MSG would have occurred on the surface, as the ships slammed into it. Trayus Academy was close to the core of the planet, so it's possible some were able to take refuge there, even though it brought them very close to a concentration of dark energy. Kreia did say that Trayus had existed for a very long time; Revan merely converted it to his own uses.

Judging by Sion's appearance and medical data, he was probably in one of the ships; I don't see even Kreia doing something like that. He was only able to survive because of the old Sith technique he'd learned ... only his mind kept him going.

If Revan was on Malachor, (and I think I remember seeing something about channelling dark energy too somewhere) I don't think he stayed for the fireworks. Kreia suggested that he may not have served the dark side in the generally-accepted way, which implies choice rather than succumbing, as she did. So either he was resistant to it, or he wasn't there when it all hit the fan.

No. Revan and Nihulus are two different people. Why would revan change his/her name to nihulus? Why would she change her identity?

It was said revan went into the outer regions. Revan went LS (officially) and Nihlus was a sith lord. Also, Nihlus is a man, Revan could be either male or female so the possibility of revan being nihulis is like -200%.

My thought (everyone who READ my post should know) was that maybe Revan was supposed to be a main character in K2. But they dropped the idea and made Nihilus instead. I know there is 0% possibility that Revan is Nihilus .... i am not an idiot.

But who knows ... there could have been a original plot with Revan drifted to the dark side while (s)he was on malachor v (there is a cut dialouge with kreia on malachor where you can ask her why Revan was on malachor). Maybe (s)he meet kreia on MV for a special purpose. Revan and Sion turned against Kreia and she left Malachor with the Ebon Hawk (the ship which Revan used). This would explain how Kreia got in possesion of the Ebon Hawk. Obsidian could have changed the plot cause it would be very cheap to KotOR1 player to see Revan DS again if they finished it LS.

It's just a theory .... not very likely but there are so many plotholes in K2 and the comments in the game like "Revan is in the unknown regions" sound cheap and unsatisifying to me .... like a last minute contingency plan explanation for Revans

disposition.

*oooph* :lol: