Was Nihilus supposed to be Revan?

Ok i know it sounds a bit weird but let me explain ....

Darth Nihilus in the "final" game is NOT Revan but maybe the developers changed the storyline during development and his character was originally supposed to be Revan. Let's take a look to the facts :

Nihilus is wearing a robe and a mask just like Revan did (not unalike to Revans outfit). His voice and appearence do not classify him to a specific gender because Revan has no official gender.

Revan is a part of the exiles past and Revans past is bound to malachor V (like the exiles). Speculation : Nihilus is traveling with the ravager .... maybe the ravager was the ship which was commanded by Revan at the mandalorian wars.

So Nihilus (Revan) would use his old ship.

There is a part at the kreia dialouge (don't know if its used) that let draw a conclusion that Revan returned to Malachor V after defeating Malak.

Kreia was Revans teacher once .... and she teached Sion .... they both turned against her.

Remember Carth of KotOR1? He never trusted Revan. Because he was betrayed by Saul Karath who attacked Telos. Who is attacking Telos again?

Nihilus! How bittersweet this would have been if Nihilus = Revan attacked Telos again .... and Carth did not even know that his distrust was justified.

I know that many parts do not fit into the actual game but its strange that the dev's stash away Revan (main char of K1) with some few comments like "(s)he is searching the true sith!"

What about all this KotOR2 marketing (started during development) presenting Nihilus? He just appears in 2 cutscenes and 1 lousy fight. It would make more sense if Nihilus was suppoed to be Revan imho.

I think it could be another dropped storyline that has been changed during development.

What do you think about it?

P.S. sorry for my baaad english :">

I don't think so cause actually there was always the possibility for Revan to be a lightsider.Also, why Revan would have change so completely and became an almost insane monster who does nothing more that living by eating the Force of others?He/she wasn't like that,and Revan surely wouldn't live on a piece of junk like the vessel of that weak weirdo Nihilus just for the fun of it when he/she could have anything better. :lol:;)

In KotOR 1, I was led to belive that it was Malak who commanded the attack on telos, Canderous says this to Carth after you discover you are Revan, but I might be mistaken.

And yes, as the poster above said, there is also the possibility that the player was LS, it would be pointless to ask at the start of the game wether Revan was good or evil and then just make him evil without consideration.

Fear of Yoda is a path to the dark side...

posted by Sophy

I don't think so cause actually there was always the possibility for Revan to be a lightsider.Also, why Revan would have change so completely and became an almost insane monster who does nothing more that living by eating the Force of others?

Good point ... Revan could be LS at the end of K1. But (s)he was a sithlord before and why not again? Maybe something happened to him/her at malachor ...?! The wound in the force took control over Revan or somethin.... *sounds like exorcist*

posted by DarkLordoftheChicken

In KotOR 1, I was led to belive that it was Malak who commanded the attack on telos, Canderous says this to Carth after you discover you are Revan, but I might be mistaken.

Yes, i forgot that. It was Malak who commanded the attack .... Canderous said something like "Everybody knows that it was Malak who gave the command to attack Telos ..."

posted by witchzenka

Nihilus became what he is at the battle of Malachor.

1. Revan was not even present at that battle.

2. Revan went on to become Darth Revan and do all the Revan stuff, while Nihilus was already in existance.

So no, Nihilus could not be Revan.

1. How do you know that? :thumbsup:

2. Same here : How do you know that Nihilus already existed?

As i mentioned before ... i don't think that Nihilus is Revan in the game they released but i am sure Obsidian changed a lot of the story-parts during development and maybe they changed the character supposed to be Revan into Nihilus.

posted by Sophy

I don't think so cause actually there was always the possibility for Revan to be a lightsider.Also, why Revan would have change so completely and became an almost insane monster who does nothing more that living by eating the Force of others?

Good point ... Revan could be LS at the end of K1. But (s)he was a sithlord before and why not again? Maybe something happened to him/her at malachor ...?! The wound in the force took control over Revan or somethin.... *sounds like exorcist*

posted by DarkLordoftheChicken

Yes, i forgot that. It was Malak who commanded the attack .... Canderous said something like "Everybody knows that it was Malak who gave the command to attack Telos ..."

posted by witchzenka

Nihilus became what he is at the battle of Malachor.

1. Revan was not even present at that battle.

2. Revan went on to become Darth Revan and do all the Revan stuff, while Nihilus was already in existance.

So no, Nihilus could not be Revan.

1. How do you know that? :thumbsup:

2. Same here : How do you know that Nihilus already existed?

As i mentioned before ... i don't think that Nihilus is Revan in the game they released but i am sure Obsidian changed a lot of the story-parts during development and maybe they changed the character supposed to be Revan into Nihilus.

Possible in pre-game development it was suspose to be Revan. But in no way was Nihilus suspose to be Raven while the game was being produced.

Didin't Kreia say that Revan was still alive in the unknown regions :thumbsup: or that at least you were supposed to find out what happend to him/her

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Nihilus is wearing a robe and a mask just like Revan did (not unalike to Revans outfit). His voice and appearence do not classify him to a specific gender because Revan has no official gender.

Nihilus was a male.

Kreia tells you this.

Remember Carth of KotOR1? He never trusted Revan. Because he was betrayed by Saul Karath who attacked Telos. Who is attacking Telos again?

Malak ordered the attack on Telos.

If Nihilus was vastly redone (from what he is now) .. I think it would've been a good idea to have Revan as the final bad-guy presented as the figur of Nihilus (if s/he went DS) .. and someone else if s/he was LS ..

Problem is, at the characters current state, that it was stated he was created at Malachor, which means he is older than KOTOR1 (so Revan would've been Nihilus at the time of KOTOR1 if he went that way) ..

but it could've been a good twist imo ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Seems like everyone hates Vrook. But how could Vrook be Darth Nihilus if you/Kreia killed him?

But that was added later...originally Vrook left Dantooine just before the Kreia zapping if you were LS and if you were DS he would have druged you and sneaked out during the Koonda conflict :)

Hi, am new here. Just completed the male LS charecter.

My feeling is the exile and Nihilious have something in common. Both are described as entities that feed on force sensitives. I think Darth Nihilous is the exile in the future, if he takes the dark side. That's why one of his objective is to destroy Nihilious. THat's why when Visas took off his mask, she won't tell exile who she saw behind the mask. :)

Baley 

No  ...he was suposed to be Vrook...they just cut it too...you might find some files if you look hard enough tho 

:D :D :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some people who should read my post before adding a reply.

I do *NOT* think Nihilus is Revan .... NO NO NO :thumbsup:

But there are a LOT of cut and changed storylines in K2. I think there is a possibility that OE wanted to add Revan as a main character in K2 but they changed their minds. So they created Nihilus instead of Revan.

witchzenka

The game itself tells you Nihilus was created at the battle of Malachor, and that Revan was not present for that battle.

Bao-Dur: Revan was delayed outsystem by Mandalorian Scout Ships.

There is a dialouge with kreia and she is saying something different.

But i dont remember if it was a cut part of dialouge or ingame .... :shifty:

That would have been an interesting plot device. A little cheap for the players, but still interesting.

Revan returning to Malachor and continuing his/her training under Kreia to remember his/her past to find a way to fight the True Sith. Revan then becomes consumed by the teachings of hunger, which no force user can survive.

The Exile, not having a connection to the force, is able to become the threat to the True Sith that Revan could not.

It would be very cheap to the players of the first game though...

Seems like everyone hates Vrook. But how could Vrook be Darth Nihilus if you/Kreia killed him?

But that was added later...originally Vrook left Dantooine just before the Kreia zapping if you were LS and if you were DS he would have druged you and sneaked out during the Koonda conflict :)

Yeah but one of the reasons why he can't be in k3 is that the voice actor is pretty old and could drop dead any moment.

The game itself tells you Nihilus was created at the battle of Malachor, and that Revan was not present for that battle.

Bao-Dur: Revan was delayed outsystem by Mandalorian Scout Ships.

Wait...if that was so, what about the loading screen on Malachor V that stated Revan was on the planet's surface at the time, channeling the dark energies of the Trayus Academy to manipulate the space battle as it happened overhead (sort of like a forced Battle Meditation)?