CRYSTAL AND THE ROBES...

The best items come when your character is high level. There's a cheat you can exploit to level up very quickly, so

if you go to Korriban first and use the ever-respawning Hsiss

, you can then spend the rest of the game high level and find lots of interesting stuff.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

As Baley said, the loot is randomly generated, usually by the time you first enter the map that contains the treasure. One thing that influences loot quality is your level, and so you can increase your chance of finding rich loot in two ways.

First option: leave places that known for rich treasures alone until you are high level. Example: Kinrath cave on Dantooine. You can get really powerful crystals there (besides your pet crystal, I mean) like Pontite or Barab Ore Ingot, if you go there late when you are in your twenties or so. Do not stick your nose in there beforehand, because that 'fixes' the loot according to whatever your level is then.

Second option: utilize one of the infinite XP exploits in order to gain one or two dozen levels before you go adventuring in earnest. This will improve treasure quality tremendously and it is probably the only way to get Malak items. I've never done this and so I don't know how many levels you need for Malak stuff. So far I have finished half a dozen campaigns at level 30..32 and I never found any.

The best items come when your character is high level.  There's a cheat you can exploit to level up very quickly, so

if you go to Korriban first and use the ever-respawning Hsiss

, you can then spend the rest of the game high level and find lots of interesting stuff.

I thought you couldn't enter the Infinite-Hssiss spawn point place if you weren't high level enough? :lol:

Hello all,

Please can some tell me where you get the BEST ROBES, CRYSTALS, AND DARTH MALAK'S ARMOUR...among any other RARE findings?!!?!?!?!?!

*THANK YOU*

Since it's a random loot generator, as the others have stated, you'll simply have to wait until the end of the game, when the loot gets better according to your level.

I'll tell you right away, though, that Darth Malak's armor is nothing really special.

There are a couple of locations where you'll always get a nice crystal.

On Dantooine, in the crystal caves, you can get your personal crystal from the glowing formation, and on Onderon in the Cantina, you can trade an open starport visa with the lady in there (Sakere?), to get a Qixoni crystal (usable by DS only normally, but if you pair it with your personal crystal, a LS player character can use it).

As for the best robes, you can get the Ossus Keeper robes on Onderon as well, when you storm the palace, regardless of whether you're light side or dark side.

I actually thought the Ossus Keeper Robe was a mistake. It seemed to me that before that, the writers were deliberately trying NOT to have any one robe that was clearly better than the others. They were all slightly different, but none gave a decisive advantage, so you could choose one that suited your character. You can still do that, of course, it's just my preference - I don't like superpowerful artifacts; I don't think they add anything to the game.

But I tend not to have such a high level, as I don't exploit the bugs/cheats. So at the level I finish Onderon, it's easily the best robe I've found, every time. I've never managed to finish the game above level 25 without cheating. I don't know how others do it.

But I tend not to have such a high level, as I don't exploit the bugs/cheats.  So at the level I finish Onderon, it's easily the best robe I've found, every time.  I've never managed to finish the game above level 25 without cheating.  I don't know how others do it.

I know how! Have an incredible amount of free time and stay at the Infinite Hssiss spawn point for days until you become level 50 :D

Is that even possible?

It might be the Kreia thing. I don't take her with me much, because she seems to give most of her dialogue telepathically anyway.

I did do the super level-up Hsiss thing once, to see what kinds of objects you got at higher levels. I wouldn't say the random loot generator threw me anything better than the Ossus robe, though of course that could just be my bad luck.