Serenity trailer (aka the Firefly movie)

kumquatq3

We need to get grant morrison to cast another mastubatory spell for the box office to pick up.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Loved it. It's the first and probably only movie I'll see in a theatre this year. The rest are 'Netflix Q' material.

A lot of folks have been waiting for this one, and box office is a bit misleading when it hasn't opened in Europe or Australia yet. But considering the reviews, Universal would be crazy not to pick up their contract option on a sequel.

I saw it yesterday, and I own the Season 1 Boxset. I was a huge fan of the show. I think my expectations were too high for the movie, because I left the theatre feeling a bit underwhelmed. It was a very good movie, don't get me wrong, but I didn't think it was the best movie I've seen this year.

I think I just need to buy the DVD when it comes out, and rewatch it a couple times. I didn't like Army of Darkness when I first saw it either, but after the third time I as hooked on it.

I saw it yesterday, and I own the Season 1 Boxset.  I was a huge fan of the show.  I think my expectations were too high for the movie, because I left the theatre feeling a bit underwhelmed.  It was a very good movie, don't get me wrong, but I didn't think it was the best movie I've seen this year. 

I think I just need to buy the DVD when it comes out, and rewatch it a couple times.  I didn't like Army of Darkness when I first saw it either, but after the third time I as hooked on it.

I didn't think it was the best movie of the year either. That goes to Batman Begins. This is a good 2nd though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Which Serenity character are you?

You scored as Hoban 'Wash' Washburne.

The Pilot. You are a leaf on the wind, see how you soar. You have a good job, and a stunning wife who loves you (and can kill people). Life is good, which is why you can't help smiling. Now if you can just get people to actually listen to your opinion things would be perfect.

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 81%

The Operative 63%

Capt. Mal Reynolds 56%

Simon Tam 56%

Zoe Alleyne Washburn 50%

Kaylee Frye 50%

Inara Serra 44%

Jayne Cobb 38%

River Tam 38%

Shepherd Derrial Book 31%

You scored as The Operative.

You are dedicated to your job and very good at what you do. You've done some very bad things, but they had to be done. You don't expect to go to heaven, but that is a sacrifice you've made for a better future for all.

Jayne Cobb

75%

The Operative

75%

River Tam

69%

Inara Serra

69%

Simon Tam

69%

Zoe Alleyne Washburne

63%

Shepherd Derrial Book

56%

Capt. Mal Reynolds

50%

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

50%

Kaylee Frye

38%

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I sure hope they are right when they sayn, not to take these seriously :luck:

You scored as River Tam.

The Fugitive. You are clever and dangerous, which is a nasty combination. The fact you are crazy too just adds to your charm. They did bad things to you, but you know their secrets. They will regret how they made you.

River Tam 75%

Capt. Mal Reynolds 69%

The Operative 69%

Shepherd Derrial Book 69%

Zoe Alleyne Washburne 63%

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 44%

Jayne Cobb 44%

Kaylee Frye 44%

Inara Serra 38%

Simon Tam 25%

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The first time I just picked the first thing I thought of and got the Operative.

The second time I took my time and thought about each answer and got this:

You scored as Hoban 'Wash' Washburne.

The Pilot. You are a leaf on the wind, see how you soar. You have a good job, and a stunning wife who loves you (and can kill people). Life is good, which is why you can't help smiling. Now if you can just get people to actually listen to your opinion things would be perfect.

River Tam 69%

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne 69%

Kaylee Frye 63%

Shepherd Derrial Book 56%

Capt. Mal Reynolds 50%

The Operative 44%

Zoe Alleyne Washburne 44%

Inara Serra 31%

Jayne Cobb 31%

Simon Tam 19%

sig2.gif

10 million isn't a terrible opening. It's more important to see how it does in the next two weeks. It's not Star Wars or Harry Potter, so it needs to build up some steam before it can reach its peak. I think I heard someone say it needs to break 70 million to be considered a success. That's still possible.

Guest Lawman

You scored as The Operative.

You are dedicated to your job and very good at what you do. You've done some very bad things, but they had to be done. You don't expect to go to heaven, but that is a sacrifice you've made for a better future for all.

The Operative

88%

Zoe Alleyne Washburne

81%

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

69%

Capt. Mal Reynolds

63%

River Tam

63%

Inara Serra

56%

Simon Tam

56%

Jayne Cobb

50%

Kaylee Frye

50%

Shepherd Derrial Book

I think you guys specifically tried for badass characters. Or at least, I'm assuming someone with the name of The Operative is fairly badass, since I know absolutely nothing about this show/movie, and I'll assume that meant answering a lot of the hardcase questions with stuff like, "Hell yeah, I wiped out a platoon of League Marines single-handed and naked," or whatever.

I, on the other hand, somehow ended up as the whore.

Edited by Commissar

I think you guys specifically tried for badass characters.  Or at least, I'm assuming someone with the name of The Operative is fairly badass, since I know absolutely nothing about this show/movie, and I'll assume that meant answering a lot of the hardcase questions with stuff like, "Hell yeah, I wiped out a platoon of League Marines single-handed and naked," or whatever.

I'm the whiney pilot. Oh yeah, so badass. :luck:

sig2.gif

I think you guys specifically tried for badass characters.  Or at least, I'm assuming someone with the name of The Operative is fairly badass, since I know absolutely nothing about this show/movie, and I'll assume that meant answering a lot of the hardcase questions with stuff like, "Hell yeah, I wiped out a platoon of League Marines single-handed and naked," or whatever.

I'm the whiney pilot. Oh yeah, so badass. :-

Well, most pilots are pretty whiney, anyway, but they get all the girls.

And I told you I don't know anything about the show.

I'm the whiney pilot. Oh yeah, so badass. ;)

Well, most pilots are pretty whiney, anyway, but they get all the girls.

And I told you I don't know anything about the show.

I've only seen three episodes, so don't feel left out.

Besides, I don't want the girls. :-

sig2.gif

10 million isn't a terrible opening.  It's more important to see how it does in the next two weeks.  It's not Star Wars or Harry Potter, so it needs to build up some steam before it can reach its peak.  I think I heard someone say it needs to break 70 million to be considered a success.  That's still possible.

What I heard was either a 40-50 million domestic gross, or a 70-80 million international gross will get us a sequel. So if it only gets 20 million domestic, but another 60 worldwide, we'll get our sequel.

Devastatorsig.jpg

10 million isn't a terrible opening.  It's more important to see how it does in the next two weeks.  It's not Star Wars or Harry Potter, so it needs to build up some steam before it can reach its peak.  I think I heard someone say it needs to break 70 million to be considered a success.  That's still possible.

What I heard was either a 40-50 million domestic gross, or a 70-80 million international gross will get us a sequel. So if it only gets 20 million domestic, but another 60 worldwide, we'll get our sequel.

If it isn't in the 8-9 million range next weekend, fogetaboutit

If it isn't in the 8-9 million range next weekend, fogetaboutit

Most definitely. Critical reviews have been good; word of mouth seems to have been good. If it can't muster a similar showing to opening weekend, it doesn't have a chance of hitting $40 million domestic, and I get the impression it's not really an international phenomenon.