Xbox Live

Did LA order it taken out? or Did OE decide that they wouldn't have enough time to make a patch/DLC pack for the Xbox?

It was likely a time issue (which is really a money issue-how much money LA is willing to pay obsidian determines the length of the project). As I understand it Obsidian had grand plans to add as many as 5 planets via XBox Live.

In truth I think it was a little of both OE not having enough time and LA not wanting it in the contract/ not willing to pay for it. We already know that the almighty buck rules the house at LA so would it really be that far beyond the edge of reason for money to be a deciding factor in whether or not there was to be DLC. Because heck they had to wade through the engine/game code and delete/ turn off the coding for the Xbox live so there had to be some reason as to why they chose to do it... I am willing to bet OE wasn't the ones who wanted it gone.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

KOTOR 1 was updated and it wasn't xbox live you retard.

Xbox live enabled means you can logon in your xbox account, make purchases for that game. etc.

You might not want to call other people a "retard" when you yourself don't even have a clue about facts. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually I suggest NO ONE resort to name calling or flaming, or the Big Green will have to do something ... and I prefer just sitting on the Roost fyi :)

FLoSD.OBE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Just a quick note on the whole issue about using Xbox Live to fix bugs. Yes, Xbox Live CAN be used to fix/patch a game. Halo 2 is an example as well as the more recently released Wrestlemania 21. The game shipped with a bug that wouldn't allow players to get online, however a fix/patch was just released. In the world of Xbox live a patch is also known as an auto-update.

Now can TSL be "auto-updated?"

At this point the answer is NO. Because like so many others have stated, it doesn't have Live support. Sorry.

Was it too much effort to take the half hour of development time to add Xbox Live Aware in the game?

Ummm....it might just be me, but adding XBox Live availability to code is probably *NOT* a simple 1/2 hour job. It's probably considerably much longer.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Was it too much effort to take the half hour of development time to add Xbox Live Aware in the game?

Ummm....it might just be me, but adding XBox Live availability to code is probably *NOT* a simple 1/2 hour job. It's probably considerably much longer.

:ph34r:

Answer-

It more than likely wouldn't have taken that long since the coding was already there in the engine for DLC support but it was taken out, now the question becomes why was it taken out... Did LA order it taken out? or Did OE decide that they wouldn't have enough time to make a patch/DLC pack for the Xbox?

o:) Just so you you know, you can patch xbox stupids.  I just downloaded version 1.1 for halo 2 on xbox last week.  Also, 4 new maps just came out.  This was just to say that XBL can be used to get patches.

You can only patch games that are Live enabled. Halo is Live Enabled, TSL is NOT Live enabled therefore you can NOT patch TSL on Xbox.

And regardless, MS doesn't allow bug fix patches as such, period. Ever. They allow downloadable content. So even if TSL were a Live game, which it isn't, MS would not allow a bug-fix patch.

What about Unreal Championship? Im sure it had a few patches with Bug Fixes.

:( Just so you you know, you can patch xbox stupids.  I just downloaded version 1.1 for halo 2 on xbox last week.  Also, 4 new maps just came out.  This was just to say that XBL can be used to get patches.

You can only patch games that are Live enabled. Halo is Live Enabled, TSL is NOT Live enabled therefore you can NOT patch TSL on Xbox.

And regardless, MS doesn't allow bug fix patches as such, period. Ever. They allow downloadable content. So even if TSL were a Live game, which it isn't, MS would not allow a bug-fix patch.

What about Unreal Championship? Im sure it had a few patches with Bug Fixes.

Updates can also be on the Xbox disc. Several games have gotten their updates from the Xbox offical magazine.

And regardless, MS doesn't allow bug fix patches as such, period.  Ever.  They allow downloadable content.  So even if TSL were a Live game, which it isn't, MS would not allow a bug-fix patch.

Star Wars Battlefront had a downloadable update that fixed and sped up LAN play... that puts Microsoft -and- Lucasarts in the same group for releasing bug fixes to a console game.

KotOR2 -could- have an update on the Xbox via OXM, as most games including non-Live ones will check the TDATA folder for another default.xbe... and thats something that doesn't need a mod chip!

I can't say Ive experienced any of the mentioned bugs on the Xbox, but have just been a little disappointed with all the content that was cut out due to time constraints. What I'm personally hoping for is a "director's cut" update that will put the majority of the content back in... even if the update comes on a $9.95 disc that just installs a "patch" to the Xbox. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum that would pay that...

... now before anyone says "i'm not paying for an update to fix the game!", think of it as buying a carton of Coke for the coders to spend the extra time to finish the game as -they- wanted it to be seen. Much like seeing the remastered Episode 4 again because you get to see Han Solo talk to Jabba.

There is already a restoration project in the works by a group of fans... if you can't make a patch, and you can't release an update disc, then can you -please- help these guys.