Bug fix: Jedi Enclave dialog

This has been posted at Holowan Laboratories forum

Another bug that I just discovered the hard way. This is supposed to be a very important dialog. Unfortunately there is a dead-end in the dialog tree

quite literally -- the dialog abruptly ends and the jedi masters die prematurely

It occurs in 650jedi.dlg (in 650DAN_dlg.erf) at Entry 215. You choose

What happened at Katarr?

followed by

So it is me?

and this takes you to a dead end.

The fix:

Add the following replies to Entry 215 in order:

• Reply 210
  • Reply 223
  • Reply 21
  • Reply 217
  • Reply 194
  • Reply 13

Place the modified 650jedi.dlg in your Override folder and restart the game from an earlier point.

These game is the BUGGIEST GAME EVER CREATED

even with 1.0b patch

OBSIDIAN had made me really angry....:angry:

Damn Bioware why they gave the KOTOR 2 rights to amateur Obsidian :(

This has been posted at Holowan Laboratories forum

Another bug that I just discovered the hard way.  This is supposed to be a very important dialog.  Unfortunately there is a dead-end in the dialog tree

quite literally -- the dialog abruptly ends and the jedi masters die prematurely

It occurs in 650jedi.dlg (in 650DAN_dlg.erf) at Entry 215.  You choose

What happened at Katarr?

followed by

So it is me?

and this takes you to a dead end.

The fix:

Add the following replies to Entry 215 in order:

• Reply 210

• Reply 223

• Reply 21

• Reply 217

• Reply 194

• Reply 13

Place the modified 650jedi.dlg in your Override folder and restart the game from an earlier point.

I appreciate all of your work at fixing the game...

But why should *I* have to do these things, huh?

Meaning, this is what OE was PAID to do before this game shipped.

NO.

I am not going to do this because I didn't pay to be a beta tester and I want them, OE, to do the job my $50 purchase price paid them to do.

I appreciate all of your work at fixing the game...

But why should *I* have to do these things, huh?

Meaning, this is what OE was PAID to do before this game shipped.

NO.

I am not going to do this because I didn't pay to be a beta tester and I want them, OE, to do the job my $50 purchase price paid them to do.

Ok Master D. You just sit right there and play your game as-is. Maybe post a complaint every once in awhile. Sounds good. :thumbsup:

In the meantime, a couple of us will try to provide Obsidian with some useful feedback that they can actually use if they decide to release another patch. :blink:

Ok Master D.  You just sit right there and play your game as-is.  Maybe post a complaint every once in awhile.  Sounds good.  :blink:

In the meantime, a couple of us will try to provide Obsidian with some useful feedback that they can actually use if they decide to release another patch.  :ermm:

ROTFLOL

Maybe that's the whole point to having forums - constructive feedback? NAHHH!

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

No offense, TK102...

But are you a paid employee of OE?

Are they PAYING you to FIX this game for them?

NO.

You are the reason games can be released in beta states the way they are. Companies count on people like you who will work for FREE to fix their mess.

There comes a time of offering constructive criticism and doing someone else's job for them. I think you and the other Holowan modders are doing the job OE should have done from the start. I am sorry if this offends you, but this is the reality of the situation and why companies are not accountable to the consumer anymore.

You can call me a complainer and whiner... But guess what?

I didn't pay you to fix this game and I don't pay you to mod it either.

I DID pay OE to provide me with a working game. That did NOT happen for me and a lot of other players (XBox and PC) as evidenced by the numerous bugs.

Yes. That's right. I will say it again. And I will keep saying it until they realize that we won't just blindly accept it and, more importantly to OE... Buy NWN2 if it is in the same shape as TSL and even KOTOR III if they get the contract to do it.

You can try and paint me as a "lazy whiner who just complains", but I know for a fact most people probably feel the same way as I do, but just aren't saying it. There comes a time to grow up and this is it.

So, my response is still no.

It must be great to have all this free time to do these things out of the generousity of your heart because I sure don't have the time, nor the desire given I paid... PAID... Good money for this game.

ummm Master Dahvernas just so you know it wasn't OE who did the QA/beta testing for K2 it was LA so all your anger should be directed at them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Hey Master D, it took me about 5 minutes to make this fix and about 5 minutes to post the information for others. If you want to make a stand, that's fine. If I want to provide information, it is also fine. I'm not out trying to fix all the bugs in the game -- I'm just playing the game right now for my first time. And since I know a bug when I see one and know how to fix it, well that's what I'm going to do. Then as an afterthought, I figure, maybe someone else will benefit from this... so I post the info. Do whatever you want, I really couldn't care less. :)

Although he does have a point... A lot of these issues should have been caught and fixed long before the game was released to the public. I also find it hugely ironic that a group of players can release a fix for a problem like this before OE or LA.

I also believe that its LA's and OE's Responsibility to make these Fixes and to get them out quikly, But bitching and whinning about it won't make them fix the bugs. That should be obvious by now. LA is gonna do what they want to.

Perhaps the restructuring over there will change the way LA responds to its customers.

All I know is that if I find a bug while making a mod or even one that just annoys me I'll see what I can do about fixing it.

The truth of the matter is there should have been a couple patches out by now. Because most of what was fixed was minor. Even knowing this Your not gonna catch me bitching and whinning about what LA and or OE should be doing, Its not at all constructive and is rather pointless.

You can try and paint me as a "lazy whiner who just complains"

You don't really need the help of others to do that.

but I know for a fact most people probably feel the same way as I do, but just aren't saying it.

Lies don't support your claims very well.

There comes a time to grow up and this is it.

Yet, you still post stuff like this, doing your best to disrupt people from doing something constructive about small issues.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Tk-102 (great star wars reference that , O stormtrooper) - thanks for the fix, and please ignore the unappreciative schuttas.

Do you happen to know of any workarounds for the bug on Nar Shaddaa where Ratrin (the one who claims to own the ebon hawk - I agreed to give it away since I'm playing light side) is supposed to trigger a cutscene on the ebon hawk, and cause a hidden compartment to display? I don't get the cutscene or a visible compartment, although I do get a brief blank screen on entry. That happened once before on Dxun, and I suspect I missed another cutscene then due to a bug. I got suspicious, and decided to check this out, and learned of this possible bug. This is my first time through, so I'm sure many more bugs await me :) I already took a break for a couple months because of the swoop racing bug, and decided to play only after the patch; the patch thankfully fixed that.