Two-handed bug, double bladed weapons

For those who played K1, there was a bug where the two-handed skill had no effect on double bladed weapons.

Does this bug carry onto K2?

No. But in TSL you get a 1.5 STR damage bonus multiplier for main hand attacks with double-bladed sabres and with single-wielded sabres. Which means with double-bladed sabres you get the extra off-hand attack and the 1.5 multiplier on the main hand; if you dual-wield instead then you lose the multiplier.

This makes things quite a bit different from K1.

P.S.: I think even in the original game the bug is only there if you do not patch up. It matters little anyway since the most powerful blades are vibros, not glowsticks.

Using a balanced weapon in the off-hand reduces the dual-wield attack penalty on the main hand by 2. If you have the Master Two-Weapon Fighting feat (remaining dual-wield penalty -2/-2) then the balanced off-hand weapon negates the penalty for main hand completely.

As regards dual-wielding for increasing defense: except for blaster bolt deflection (mostly useless in TSL) the off-hand sabre will likely not be able to make up for the loss of 3 defense compared to single-wielding with Master Duelling. The Expert Fencing Emitter adds 2 defense and certain crystals may give a DEX bonus, but the defense bonus from the EFE goes into the 'feats and effects' mod which is capped at 10. A whole lot of other defense boni also go into 'feats and effects'; LS Enlightenment alone adds 10 points to it (if you have both Force Armour and Master Speed).

So, if you want high defense then you might be better off taking the Duelling feats and wielding a single sabre.

For those who played K1, there was a bug where the two-handed skill had no effect on double bladed weapons.

The glitch was only in the XBox version of the game and was somewhat different than you describe. The glitch allowed a character to use a double bladed lightsaber, or dual wield lightsabers, without any penalty even if the character hadn't taken the Twin Weapon Fighting feats. It was fixed in the PC version of the game.

The glitch was only in the XBox version of the game and was somewhat different than you describe. The glitch allowed a character to use a double bladed lightsaber, or dual wield lightsabers, without any penalty even if the character hadn't taken the Twin Weapon Fighting feats. It was fixed in the PC version of the game.

Sweet! That means I can wield a normal lightsaber in my off-hand right?

The glitch was only in the XBox version of the game and  was somewhat different than you describe. The glitch allowed a character to use a double bladed lightsaber, or dual wield lightsabers, without any penalty even if the character hadn't taken the Twin Weapon Fighting feats. It was fixed in the PC version of the game.

Sweet! That means I can wield a normal lightsaber in my off-hand right?

I KotOR, yes. In KotOR II, I don't know. I don't own an XBox, so I've no way of knowing. It's quite possible that Obsidian fixed the glitch.

It's fixed. If you don't have the two-weapon fighting feat you'll receive a penalty to your off-hand and main-hand to-hit chance.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."