k3 Combat system

MTJ

hear me out!!!

They should try a FPS system where your character plants steel (or light) on the target, it actually hits them but for the damage system it should be based on your skills.

They could also do that for power attacks, even a finishing move where you could theorically chop a Sith Soldier's hands off, or even head.... but that may not keep a T rating ;)

Haven't you play Jedi Academy and seen how sucky those games are

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Lightsaber combat is screwed in those games, far too letal and more a matter of luck instead of skill.

The problem with the d20 system they put in KotOR(s) games is its a "bare bones" system that is not balanced very well ...

drakron.png

Lightsaber combat is screwed in those games, far too letal and more a matter of luck instead of skill.

The problem with the d20 system they put in KotOR(s) games is its a "bare bones" system that is not balanced very well ...

True. Personally, I'm all for a RT pixel specific system such as that of JE. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

J4E has joined the Lego cult...

Shouldn't Lightsaber strikes be instant kills on the average foe? I don't mind wading through cannon fodder as long as there are still some challenging battles with the jedi/sith.

FPS would be bad, IMO.

J4E has joined the Lego cult...

Shouldn't Lightsaber strikes be instant kills on the average foe?  I don't mind wading through cannon fodder as long as there are still some challenging battles with the jedi/sith.

FPS would be bad, IMO.

I didn't say it should be a full FPS system.. if you read I suggest that if you hit the target it hits them, but the damage you do on the target is based on your lightsaber skills.

Also if they were to make it a hybird combat system, they would never ever make it like JK:Academy.

JK:A usually is all about jumping around like a rabbit attempting to slash people

I think using any part of the FPS system would completely suck. If I wanted to play a FPS then I would go and buy one but since I don't then I think they should leave this style of combat in the KOTOR series till the end, maybe refine it a little (saying that is possible) but generally keep the system the same.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Personally, I'm all for a RT pixel specific system such as that of JE.  :cool:

I wouldn't mind the JE system used for KOTOR3. Maybe JE has softened my stance on that kind of combat in a RPG.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been playing 3rd Age and, I have to say, the combat system is pretty good.

It is True Turn Based and it is based on a 1,000 pt scale (I think that's right).

Maybe that is what we need: old-fashioned turn-based combat based on a 1,000 pt scale (to keep it interesting at the higher levels).

I like the lethal aspect of the JO/JA lightsaber fighting... What I hate though (online play atleast) is the fact that Duels are soo lame... They aren't even duels... more like, jumping around until you connect a Power stance attack. It would be awsome if there was an engine that could give us a more civilized way to lightsaber duel.

Anyhow @ Topic.

FPS + Kotor = bad

Imagine how the AI would work. NPCs running all over the place, using random sabers attacks to hit enemies...

Some more tweaking to the current battle system would be nice... Maybe some walking fightning, crouching attacks, etc. Just some add ons, while still keeping the current rules of the game.

I like the lethal aspect of the JO/JA lightsaber fighting... What I hate though (online play atleast) is the fact that Duels are soo lame...    They aren't even duels... more like, jumping around until you connect a Power stance attack.  It would be awsome if there was an engine that could give us a more civilized way to lightsaber duel.

I don't think a person with average reflexes would be able to handle a "realistic" lightsaber combat simulation. It'd be way too fast.

112fe74block_death1p.jpg

^This is what happened to the last Lego cult I

encountered in my late-night forum browsing....  :ph34r:

Consider it a friendly warning against further proliferation

of this growing and childish trend.  ;)

"Those who dare oppose us will stand knee-deep in the blood of their children"

:rolleyes:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Lol I feel like I am the only one on this board that likes Jedi Academy and Jedi Oucast sometimes.

Your feelings deceive you.

I also like Jedi Academy combat.

By the way, I created a similar thread some time ago, but it was more elaborated.

Well, it's deep down in the forum Lethe already....