How the heck did you guys deal with...

That temple on Exun (sp?) You select a group of three people not including your main character and you have to attack that temple in the jungle that is the burial site of that Sith Lord.

You battle your way through the temple to until you finnaly get to the burial chamber and you have to fight a sith lord and 2 of his buddies. I went in as T3M4, Baur Dur and and the female bounty hunters.

Those guys CUT right through every body within seconds! I finnaly figured out a way to beat them by accident. On like my 5th attempt, my last guy standing was T3M4 and all I did was laps around the room with all 3 of them chasing me only pausing to turn and fire off a few shots evey now and then. Couldnt believe it worked!

That droid has more kills to his name than everyone else in my party I think.

How did you guys do it?

Ya if everyones is a Jedi it makes things a bit easier

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh I tottaly neglected them. Its my first time through the game and I let the computer do the leveling for me. If this game is anything like NWN thats not a good thing.

When do they officialy become a Jedi? The only one in my party that has full light side points is the handmaiden but for whatever eason, she cant use a lightsaber.

heh my first play through I converted atton so quickly he was jedi when he fought the twin suns... force stun... flurry... force push... force stun... flurry... power attack... force push... yeah it was fun... second time through force kill's abounded :D

Ah, I pretty much consider the first time through a game like that as a run through. I enjoy it but the second time through is more fun.

I dont think the character development is quite as tough as it is in NWN but if you wanted to create a really good bad guy (for my second run through) do you guys have any suggestion on how to develop him? Im not so concnerned with force powers and I pretty much know what I want but not so sure about the abilities and attributes.

Well if you arent concerned with force powers then you should probably pump strength and/or dexterity as much as possible and take all the force powers that improve your stats - as for fighting feats i would take one chain and max it out, dont try and spread your feats.

Oh and pump CON to 18 is good too cos it lets you use the best implants - but that is just a personal preference.

Oh no, I do want force powers, im just not that concerned with the computer selecting them for me, I can do that myself.

If you were to make a recomendation for someone who is mean with a lightsaber AND has a good variety of force powers at your disposal, how would you do it?

For agressive force powers i would say storm and/or wave and possibly the fear line of attacks (just in case you want to immobilise baddies first and then hack them down with your sabre)

I choose these because they are all good area attacks (choke is cool but when you have a whole load of guys you want to despatch pretty quickly - it is a little time consuming).

To lessen the saves made against your force attacks you will have to get your wisdom past 18

Any three party members, as Jedi, can take down the opposition, but as a general guide:

1) Make sure someone in your party has decent demolition skills. If you want to avoid getting detected, then make sure they also have good stealth skills, and if you don't have Bao-Dur in the party (who already has the codes), then make sure someone has good repair skills. If you're using Mira as the leader, then don't worry about the demolitions part, since nobody will trigger the mines as long as she's leading.

2) Mandalore also works well, if you max out his melee weapons feats, two weapon fighting, and give him two fully upgraded melee weapons (I use Ostrine edge, Vibration Cell IV, and Superior Arginium grip in each). You'll cut through any opponent, Jedi or no, without too much effort. With one of the implants that help guard against mind-altering effects, he'll cleave his way through the Sith master and his disciples in the Tomb itself.

3) The droids can work OK, but you need to make sure they stay far back enough, and keep up their shields. This is where T3 can shine, since his Droid Renewable Shield will come in handy (assuming you finished Nar Shaada before this).

In general, I give the droids ranged disrupting weapons, which deliver unstoppable damage, so that enemy Jedi can't reflect their shots back at them.

The First time I had Visas, Hanharr and Handmaiden and once inside I had little problem (since it was easier than the whole battle outiside, since I refused to take out the alarm, turrets, droids, and didn't activate the foothold program...)

Just fix the Healing Droid in one of the first rooms. He will follow you and heal you almost every time after a hit. Let a Jedi (Visas) wipe them away with the Saber when the other fight themselfs and take some (inmidiately healed) wounds...

The Third time through (3 Jedi) I even had a harder time, because the droid broke before the fight and is just WAY to overpowered in this section...

I've never encountered any trouble at the Dxun temple...except my first time and only when I encountered the 3 Sith Masters/Knights at the very end.

The most troublesome combat for me was when I ran up the ramp and became embroiled in a firefight surrounded by droids and Sith from every angle! I made sure to activate the computer protocols before the main battle, next time. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, Dxun can be quite a beauty for somebody who plays the game for the first time and who hasn't played other d20 games like the original KotOR before.

For one thing, the game forces you to choose two teams without even giving you a chance to switch equipment around or to take a look at the stats/abilities of your sidekicks, let alone a bit of time at a workbench or lab bench. For another, a first-timer may not be able to realize the full potential of the sidekicks - having a 'vision' for them (melee monster, turtle, whatever) and giving them the right attributes, feats, powers and skills, and rounding this out with suitable equipment. Newbies may even use the auto-level feature which pretty much guarantees that the strike team won't survive a frontal assault on the ramp (Obsidian should have added a note that auto-levelling is for oldbies who want to make the game more difficult :D).

Plus, there are some situations were the sidekicks can be lured away from the party leader if you don't put them on a tight leash (similar to some scenes on the Star Forge). This can lead to some nasty suprises.

Last but not least, the b0rken sidekick AI. Obsidian must have added some really brain-dead code to the engine which ensures that sidekicks will charge into battle even if you are soloing and you have placed the rest of your party in a tunnel half a mile away around several corners, with the 'Stationary' script selected and Stealth activated to pin them down ... This can create surprises even if you are an old hand at d20 games and the original KotOR.

Last but not least, the b0rken sidekick AI. Obsidian must have added some really brain-dead code to the engine which ensures that sidekicks will charge into battle even if you are soloing and you have placed the rest of your party in a tunnel half a mile away around several corners, with the 'Stationary' script selected and Stealth activated to pin them down ... This can create surprises even if you are an old hand at d20 games and the original KotOR.

I would just like to express my whole-hearted agreement with this sentiment. :devil: My word I was very annoyed whilst trying to use stealth (which is only available as a solo "modal" scenario) only to have my erstwhile companions, who had been given "battle directive: stationary" commands direct-from-God-(me)-to-their-virtual-somatic-nervous-systems, charging into the affray in front of me.

:devil:>_< Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh! :angry:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The first time I got there, everyone got killed in less than a minute. But I was lucky, and HK lived. And then I ran round the rectangular thing and used the droid flamethrower thingy. :blink:

Second time though, it was terribly easy.

And I don't think it's a very good idea to auto-level up.

That temple on Exun (sp?)  You select a group of three people not including your main character and you have to attack that temple in the jungle that is the burial site of that Sith Lord.

You battle your way through the temple to until you finnaly get to the burial chamber and you have to fight a sith lord and 2 of his buddies.  I went in as T3M4, Baur Dur and and the female bounty hunters.

Those guys CUT right through every body within seconds!  I finnaly figured out a way to beat them by accident.  On like my 5th attempt, my last guy standing was T3M4 and all I did was laps around the room with all 3 of them chasing me only pausing to turn and fire off a few shots evey now and then.  Couldnt believe it worked!

That droid has more kills to his name than everyone else in my party I think.

How did you guys do it?

Well, with a male PC, I tend to use 'exile's angels': Handmaiden, Visas, and Mira.

HM has a nasty force jump, and with a decent saber she deals more damage than the exile.

Mandalore with ranged feats and a repeating blaster is also a nice choice.

Whichever characters you choose, their feats should be tailored to suit your style. Mira, for example,

can be used as a regular saber wielding Jedi, or equipped with a blaster/rifle (she has suitable

feats).

My favorite party for the tomb consists of Visas, Mira and HK-47. Mira and Visas as Jedi with off course the best upgrades in the sabers, and HK-47's Mandalorian Assault Rifle or Charric. Never had much of a problem. Visas hacks through the Sith lords without much problems (Okay, Echani Dueling shield is activated).

Master Vandar lives!

meh. this game is so incredibly easy. even on difficult. I always use mira, visas, and bao-dur all of which at this time are jedi with their own lightsabers. I always auto-level up my characters except for my main the exile whom I manually level up. usually I just end up slicing through all of the baddies.