Neverwinter Nights 2 interview with Tony Evans

kirottu

I doubt their sanity would last that much.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

True true.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The guys at Obsidian sound wacky.  If this whole gaming biz thing doesn't work out, they can become a travelling group of comedians and acrobats.

They could form a new comedy troupe called Obsidian's Flying Circus. It would be a blast!

and they could make a video game about themselves. Talk about the ultimate shameless plug!

I've never read a developer diary or interview where the inherent wackiness of the gaming workplace environment isn't mentioned. It's like an institutionalised version of the guy in the office who thinks he's a daring iconoclast for wearing the pair of Homer Simpson socks his son bought him for Christmas.

My message to games developers is simple: Get your bloody haircut, wear sensible shoes, stop burning your draft cards, tidy up the office, take less coffee breaks and make better games.

Hippies. Tsk.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Damn, you are bunch of boring meatbags..... that lack sense of humor

What's so bad in his, as you put it, "wackiness"? It's just humor, goddamnit.

What, you're gonna question Chris Avellone's skills because he talks wacky in his interviews?

Damn, the more I read his interviews/articles, the more I respect him. Not as a comedian, but as a story designer.

Or what - they supposed to cry because someone didn't like their last game?? Now that would be stupid.

They have a job they love, they're doing what they love. What can be better?

Even if Obsidian dies, both Tony and Chris (for example) will easily find another job. Damn, other companies will be craving for them!

Damn, you are bunch of boring meatbags..... that lack sense of humor

What's so bad in his, as you put it, "wackiness"? It's just humor, goddamnit.

What, you're gonna question Chris Avellone's skills because he talks wacky in his interviews?

Damn, the more I read his interviews/articles, the more I respect him. Not as a comedian, but as a story designer.

Or what - they supposed to cry because someone didn't like their last game??  Now that would be stupid.

They have a job they love, they're doing what they love. What can be better?

Even if Obsidian dies, both Tony and Chris (for example) will easily find another job. Damn, other companies will be craving for them!

Did you feel a gust of wind pass over your head just recently? :)"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)