The Matrix Sequels - Rubbish?

Darth Flatus

Those movies are 10 times better than 90% of all movies I've seen in the last 10 years, and believe me, I've seen a lot of movies, so shut it! Sure they're not in my top 10 picks, but they're in my top 10%, which puts them in the top 50 or so.

As stated by Darth Jeff about the matrix films. (it was in another thread but i didnt want to spam it)

I thought the first film was amazing when i first saw it but was really diasappointed by the sequels - Reloaded had some good action scenes but the waffling dialogue and Col. Sanders babbling lecture at the end really ruined it. Revolutions was just pure crap, the only two good things were in monica belluci's dress.

honestly I am surprised someone likes them - i know its all subjective etc. but if anyone else likes them could they please explain to me what they liked about them - in a coherent manner please.

The first film was entertaining when it came, the rest just crap.

The thing I dislike the most is that the actors are straining themselves to the limit to act tough and cool, its completely ridiculous. It might impress a 4 yearold but to everyone else its just annoying.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I thought it was kinda funny when in reload resistance forces gathered in matrix to keep a powpow and they all had "cool" long jackets and "cool" sunglasses. Small room filled with "coolness".

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I thought the first film was amazing when i first saw it but was really diasappointed by the sequels - Reloaded had some good action scenes but the waffling dialogue and Col. Sanders babbling lecture at the end really ruined it. Revolutions was just pure crap, the only two good things were in monica belluci's dress.

My thoughts exactly.

Monica Bellucci :lol:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My friend Skylar was a huge Matixs fan and kept giving me the whole reverse Odyssey line. We went to go see Revolutions and frankley I was sort of embarrased for him. The way I'm sure he was sort of embarrased for me when we went to see Episode 1 after I had "talked it up" so much.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

First one rocked, the ones that followed, sucked.  :ermm:

Word.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anyway Episode 1 tricked us all. For all its faults epsidode 2 was better than episode 1 and episode 3 should (hopefully) be excellent.

I don't know about that. I mean, all the hype is building up around RotS just like it did for the other prequels. I reckon they aren't as good as the OT, but I don't think they sucked. They have a different feeling, that's all. I didn't feel tricked by EP1 or EP2.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I understand your sceptism at RotS but i guess its down to what each fan is looking for in the films. For me its action - plenty of lightsabers and force powers.

As for the OT I rank a new hope quite low - veeeery boring i dont think i ever liked it as a kid either. I think i actually saw ESB first.

Yes i am derailing my own thread - but thats just how i'm built!!

To get back on topic: The matrix sequels suck and thats a fact son!!

I understand your sceptism at RotS but i guess its down to what each fan is looking for in the films. For me its action - plenty of lightsabers and force powers.

As for the OT I rank a new hope quite low - veeeery boring i dont think i ever liked it as a kid either. I think i actually saw ESB first.

Yup I agree...crap movies...but Monica Bellucci ;) ...has anyone seen the Enter The Matrix scene with Monica and Niobi :">

Yup I agree...crap movies...but Monica Bellucci :blink: ...has anyone seen the Enter The Matrix scene with Monica and Niobi :">

What, the tonsil hockey?

Yeah, that rocked.

That game sucked a fatty though. I traded it in after I got Max Payne 2.

i think a new hope is the best of the OT. it's just good old storytelling with a great musical score... :blink:

Yup I agree...crap movies...but Monica Bellucci :blink: ...has anyone seen the Enter The Matrix scene with Monica and Niobi :">

What, the tonsil hockey?

Yeah, that rocked.

Yeah,the game was as crappy as the movies but some parts rocked :shifty::blink:

What, the tonsil hockey?

Yeah, that rocked.

Yeah,the game was as crappy as the movies but some parts rocked :shifty::blink:

It just goes to show, that even hot lesbians cannot save a bad game!

Yup I agree...crap movies...but Monica Bellucci :wub: ...has anyone seen the Enter The Matrix scene with Monica and Niobi :">

What, the tonsil hockey?

Yeah, that rocked.

Yeah,the game was as crappy as the movies but some parts rocked :shifty::thumbsup:

It just goes to show, that even hot lesbians cannot save a bad game!

Don't know about that...tho crap...the game had amazing sales :blink:

1st. one had excellent philosophical meaning, strayed a little from platos cave, but it turned out AWESOME!

2nd. landing strip in manoicas dress :"> too bad the TWINS died, they had major potential.

3rd. Great fight scene! story was a little dissapointing, but still entertaining :D

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

The only good memories I have of the matrix sequels was taking a young hottie to see the third one in an afternoon matinee. I'd worked with this girl for about two years, and she was easily ten years younger than me. She had a boyfriend, and that was cool because I thought she was way too young for me. But then the fit hit the shan when I picked her up for the show and she was wearing a halter top.

I wanted to give her credit for doing the best job I've ever seen of hiding a huge rack. That is my fondest memory of that summer, and it made sitting through a second screening of the Matrix Revolutions nearly worthwhile... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The first movie was great. I watched it with two friends at an three movie allnighter. We had heard nothing of the movie, which might have been because we were in Korea and so figured it was just another generic action movie. We were pleasantly surprised and it wasn't long before we were acting like idiots in the lobby during the intermisssion.

I watched the second two movies with some hope, but was pretty dissapointed. I still don't fully understand what the old guy was saying at the end of Reloaded but I pretty much didn't care by then.